Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 12:03 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,613,683 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
Kim & Shane return
... November 18th. Don't know how long they'll be on though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 01:40 PM

I've loved the powerful scenes between Abigail & JJ, and Stefano & EJ. So very well acted. Abigail has more of a backbone than Jen. She really let JJ have it. EJ's behavior showed a man at his lowest---having to kiss Stefano's ring was his all-time low. I figured once Stefano said it wasn't about "things" I knew he'd want some kind of control over EJ.

Did we viewers know Chad really didn't have a tumor before that flashback scene?

Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,489,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I've loved the powerful scenes between Abigail & JJ, and Stefano & EJ. So very well acted. Abigail has more of a backbone than Jen. She really let JJ have it. EJ's behavior showed a man at his lowest---having to kiss Stefano's ring was his all-time low. I figured once Stefano said it wasn't about "things" I knew he'd want some kind of control over EJ.

Did we viewers know Chad really didn't have a tumor before that flashback scene?
I have been missing episodes and haven't caught up so I just caught that Chad didn't have a brain tumor when he was searching on the Internet for cures. I didn't foresee that one.

I did, however, think from the beginning that Stefano would get EJ in a position where EJ would bargain to get the empire back for Sami's release. I figured when all of EJ's plots to do that failed, it was a sure thing. I missed that episode but I saw the one in which EJ told Stefano he should save Sami from going to prison as the mother of his grandchildren.

EJ does have an advantage though, Stefano is getting on in years. Even he can't live forever.

Abigail should really tell Jennifer how she feels about her brother. I agree, she has the best insight to his behavior of anyone.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:52 PM

Well, now we know how it was done but I just wish one thing. It was pretty obvious that someone from the hospital stole the razor. When Kayla stated she didn't think Bernardi died of the gunshot wound it was obvious that was an inside job too. I just wish the guilty party had been someone we had been previously introduced to rather than a mystery woman we had never met. That would have made it more exciting. This was kind of anticlimactic for me.

Wouldn't it have been a hoot if it was Maxine having the affair with Bernardi? But seriously, they could have introduced a temporary new character, an intern we could have gotten to know or maybe even Anne Milbauer. Or a new person with a short storyline and then, boom! She was the link to Bernardi and the dirty cop business.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:50 PM

I was pissed that we viewers were subject to all the courtroom theatrics between Ms. Trask & Justin for 2-3+ days, but as soon as Abe has new evidence, the Judge asks Abe directly the questions the judge wants answered while Justin & Ms. Trask just sit idly by. WTH? There was all this "Objection!", "Leading the Witness", "Irrelevant",...before Abe showed up. Then from then on out, it was like the judge & Abe were discussing the case in Abe's office or something.

I could've done without all the drama before Abe's arrival and stretched out the "evidenece scene" a little longer.

And I agree, it was anticlimatic to just have Abe & the judge discuss the evidence & back story.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:08 PM

19,244 posts, read 16,757,196 times
I agree. This show is notorious for wrapping up storylines too quickly. Sometimes they just disappear altogether and we never get any type of closure.

The JJ storyline is annoying me, though, so I haven't been watching much. As a parent who dealt with teenagers and their antics, it pains me to see Jennifer going through this. I never was faced with putting a child onto the street as a teaching lesson but I do know two people who did and it's not fun. I'm not sure where the writers are trying to take this story but, unless something happens to JJ that either ends his life or gives him a wake up call, he could go on like this forever. Teenagers are harder to deal with than toddlers. lol

Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM

I was thinking that Marge Bernardi could sue Sami in civil court because if she hadn't shot old Joe he wouldn't have wound up in the ER and gotten himself killed in the first place. Which brings up the question did Stefano have the nurse standing by to kill Bernardi in the second place?

Stefano could not have known Joe was going to be shot and so was going to be operated on. If the nurse aka Bernardi's girlfriend was in the hospital room after he was shot, she must have immediately gone to the OR which meant that she took it upon herself to Bernardi him when he was in recovery. And we know Bernardi's motive, but other than a few Salemites, no one else knows.

So all they really know is that 1. Bernardi was a dirty cop, sorry Marge. Bernardi was seeing the nurse on the side who was depositing large sums of money in an offshore account for him in payment for information 3. her fingerprints along with Bernardi's were on the razor that Sami claimed was used to attack Rafe 4. most importantly and what got Sami off murder one; Sami's gunshot didn't kill him.

But then again, Marge Bernardi probably isn't about to go after Sami in a civil suit after learning what a rat fink her dear Joe was. She might feel she has to move from Salem now.

I think the ending of this storyline was not only too abrupt but was really sloppy.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Well, I hope Dr. Dan will tell Jen about JJ's little sleepover but he probably won't because as usual, he will try to spare her feelings. That kid belongs in jail.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:08 PM

19,244 posts, read 16,757,196 times
Default It started with a spoiler

I was reading a spoiler last week about JJ and that he learns some interesting information about his beloved father, Jack. It isn't pretty, either. It got me thinking and trying to remember what I really remembered about Jack. It wasn't much because I began working outside the home back then and missed a few decades of the show.

Thanks to a very creative genius on youtube, I was able to catch up with the whole story of Jack and Kayla and all the things that happened back then and how Kayla ended up with Patch (Steve). There are about 19 videos, almost an hour each, in length. I haven't been able to watch all of them but I'm working my way through them.

But here's a bit of a trip down memory lane.

Regarding Jack . . . I notice that three or four different actors played the part of Jack. The third guy (don't know the actor's name) looks remarkably like the current JJ.

Another thing about that time was I didn't know that Steve died ... or apparently died. The final scene where he dies and Kayla is crying, just broke my heart. I remembered how great an actress Marybeth Evans was and still is. I was puzzled because, currently, the show refers to Kayla and Steve getting a divorce. I thought, "if Steve died, how could they be getting a divorce?" That's when I looked up the history of the show and found out that Steve supposedly died but bodies were switched and Steve was taken and held captive by some guy named Alamaine (must be related to Vivian). He didn't come back to the show until 2006 (a few years before I began watching again).

And really interesting about these videos is that Jack isn't the nice guy he's being remembered as today. He raped Kayla and was a pretty nasty guy when he was in politics. He wasn't as bad as EJ Dimera but close. And his father!!! That guy tried to poison Kayla. Patch figured out something was happening so he took her out of the Deveraux house one night and hid her away. She finally started getting better but then Jack found her.

I still don't know how they busted the senior Deveraux but I'll find out when I finish watching the videos.

I'm just rambling here because I'm so involved in these old videos. There are from shows I missed. It's given me a way to see some great moments in DOOL. After watching the little bit I have, I can honestly say that the writing back then was sooooo much better than it is today.

So it wasn't just Bo and Hope that were considered the super couples. Kayla and Steve were a popular couple.

I miss those Days.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:34 PM

I wonder if the writers will once again re-write history and perhaps make his time being held hostage as a writer, into something more. Jen & Abigail were furious with him when he returned because they thought he had abandomed them by choice. And in a way, he did....being the reporter always looking for a story at the expense of his family. Then he was captured, (and possibly tortured?) I think once he shared that info with Jen, she softened a little. But Abigail was still pissed. I think that's the time she was going after Austin.

I do remember Matthew Ashford as the actor I most commonly associate with Jack's character. He's the one I liked the best.

I remember when Patch died and we viewers saw the caskets switched. We knew Steve/Patch would be back...someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV