Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 11:02 AM

4,791 posts, read 10,613,723 times

Advertisements

Good final episode, imo.

Even the stoics become a bit emotional and appreciative...

No spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet.

hitman: you may like it; it is very deliberate, a bit plodding, the CC is mandatory, but well shot with v understated bu effective acting.
The detectives are tenacious in their detecting. Even in low number murders Copenhagen, I cannot imagine doing
homicide investigations for a living. The homicide cops around the world are really working for the victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 01:34 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
the CC is mandatory
Just to be pedantic, it was subtitled. And whether you have captions displayed or not, the subtitles appear.

Almost every foreign language show will have subtitles, otherwise English speaking people can't follow it. It is possible to caption it in English, but subtitles are far more effective.

I only mention all this because I watch 100% captions (I'm deaf), and am acutely aware of captions vs subtitles.

But your point is still well made, it is mandatory. And I agree with your review, I enjoyed this also.

There are about as many murders a day in the United States, as they have in a year in Denmark. But we also have 70 times as many people (less than 6 million in all of Denmark).

Old 03-10-2021, 01:55 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
I keep falling asleep when I have to read my TV.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Good final episode, imo.

Even the stoics become a bit emotional and appreciative...

No spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet.

hitman: you may like it; it is very deliberate, a bit plodding, the CC is mandatory, but well shot with v understated bu effective acting.
The detectives are tenacious in their detecting. Even in low number murders Copenhagen, I cannot imagine doing
homicide investigations for a living. The homicide cops around the world are really working for the victim.
I thought it was sad that the female detective in several instances was the one who put in the time and effort and really was driven to find the mistakes in the crime that would lead to homicide conviction...
The others cared...the divers especially...but she was the one putting in the hours
And she gets a pat on the arm...
If this aspect was accurate to the real investigation I hope she got a big promotion
Because in one of the final scenes you could see how few women were in that dept...

Old 03-10-2021, 03:59 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Having so few homicides explains how they had the man hours and money to devote to this one case
In America some towns have 50 murders a week or more

Old 03-10-2021, 04:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
That was a great series. It really explored and showed the viewer just how tough police work really is, all the hours spent poring over every possible way to convict someone, and those divers should all receive a medal for finding those body parts. I'm so glad they were able to sentence Peter Madsen away for life. A brilliant engineer, but obviously a warped psychopath of a human being. You felt so awful for her parents, but, in the end, you felt a bit of hope they will recover. Great acting, I love seeing these series from Europe.

Murder of Kim Wall

Old 03-10-2021, 04:46 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
In America some towns have 50 murders a week or more
Not even close to the truth. The worst cities in the US have 5-10 murders per week. A deplorable and horrific number, but it ain't 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV