Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2021, 10:45 PM

22,062 posts, read 13,099,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
When I worked with celebrities, I had their passports for safe keeping But I don't know what keys they would need? House keys to the palace, car keys?
Funny how she managed to travel all over the globe without a passport and "only leaving the house twice."

How can she tell such whoppers that can be so easily disproven? Almost everything she said was a lie.

Evil or crazy? (I guess you could be both.)

Old 03-08-2021, 11:36 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,449,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Yeah...her claim that she never Googled Harry or the family did not ring true to me at all! C'mon.

She said she did of course know about his mother and her saga but I just did not believe she would not have wanted to know everything she could when she knew she would be joining what could certainly be described as a dysfunctional family!
Yes, this is where I call b.s. Meghan was a teenager when Princess Diana passed. Meghan grew up in Los Angeles, and because of her father's profession, she was in the entertainment industry by proxy. I lived in SoCal at the time of Princess Diana's death, and coverage of all of it by the media was huge, including live broadcast of her funeral, which was in the middle of the night in California, but many people watched.

I also recall seeing a photo of MM as either a teen or college student, posing in front of Buckingham Palace. She is a college graduate, who did she think was in that big building?

She has no credibility. IMHO, both she & Harry wanted to have their cake & eat it, too, be royal when it was convenient or fun, then run back to a very sheltered & privileged lifestyle that maybe 1% of Californians experience, and the Royals said, um...no.

It was entertaining to watch while folding laundry!

Old 03-09-2021, 01:58 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
We all know Diana's relationship with the family and press was not great, but I was thinking, when I was a kid the whole Diana, William and Camila thing started to play out and even I remember (I'm around Harry's age so just imagine my disinterest in such matters at the time but somehow it being big enough for me to remember all these years later) the vitriol, the hatred, the name calling, etc that Camila also received because she was the "home wrecker".... these ladies in the past have withstood more and complained less.

For the "oh so appalling" baby inquiry, I am of mixed race and I have family members with mixed race kids and interracial relationship... how the baby is going to turn out, in regards to skin color, is sometimes questioned. It just is. You educate, you ignore, you forgive ignorance, you move on... you don't make it a huge deal. I'm sure Meghan's own father was questioned by his friends/family when he knocked up Meghan's mom. We can't speak on the intent of the person who inquired but... I don't see it as totally out of line.
Diana, Charles and Camilla...not Diana, William and Camilla.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:34 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,117,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Funny how she managed to travel all over the globe without a passport and "only leaving the house twice."

How can she tell such whoppers that can be so easily disproven? Almost everything she said was a lie.

Any time they were travelling to Commonwealth countries fulfilling their Royal duties as representatives of the Crown they wouldn't need to present passports. They wouldn't carry them either.

How many non-Commonwealth countries did they travel all over the globe to on non-Royal business after they were married?

Old 03-09-2021, 03:51 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,447,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Any time they were traveling to Commonwealth countries fulfilling their Royal duties as representatives of the Crown they wouldn't need to present passports. They wouldn't carry them either.

How many non-Commonwealth countries did they travel all over the globe to on non-Royal business after they were married?
Right. And if they did need their passports their assistants would carry them?
I thought they did a great job.
If not for the Tabloids - the palace would probably know all this would blow over and be forgotten.
I believe if their was a villain ...it's the Tabloids.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,153,481 times
One thing's for sure - Meghan is no Princess Diana.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 03-09-2021 at 06:17 AM..

Old 03-09-2021, 06:17 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,818,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
The royal family is out of touch. Harry didn't want to have his wife die unhappy way too early like his mom...saw the writing on the wall. Respect them for taking action and for doing that interview. Wish them the best here in America healthy and happy with their growing family.
Why then do they still want to moan..

Old 03-09-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
One thing's for sure - Meghan is no Princess Diana.
Shes a piece of work... narcissus with a nasty edge.. who ditches all around her ..

Old 03-09-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post

Whoppers is what they were..... I laughed when Oprah asked Harry about feeling trapped.. she said Did you always feel trapped.. he answered... No,, it was after meeting this amazing woman.... dear oh dear .why doesnt the world see whats going on with them.. shes living our her lies to perfection and working it.... She spoke as if she was a prisoner.... and wasnt allowed out except on royal duties.. liar... if you remember how Diana went out often to the gym. McDonalds with the boys.. play parks etc.. she wasnt a prisoner as Megs is making out... there is a list of people Meghan has ghosted.. probably too many to mention , its part of her character to use then drop friends family work colleagues etc... once your of no use to Megs your fodder... This is all in retaliation of losing so much from leaving their Royal duties... it was funny when she said We didnt want to leave.. we were prepared to go and live in a Commonwealth country like NZ.. and could still carry out royal duties when needed in a lesser way......yes Megs grab the money power and security and come over once every three years for a visit.. wouldnt have worked... all she does is moan moan moan.. what a pain the lady is.. and Harry looks dejected and sad..

Old 03-09-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun King View Post
I'm surprise Oprah didn't have her staff fact check statements by these former royals.
In the start of the interview Meghan says she did not check out Prince Harry on the internet, she had no idea of what to expect.
Archie was denied being an HRH prince and could not get security protection because of this.
She was suicidal and was denied care by royal and HR.
They did not blindside the queen with there statement of what would happened when they stepped down to royal half duty.
Accusations against Prince Charles and ect.
A lot can never be verified because individuals will not speak to these claims.
To bad Harry and his wife can't get over their anger and self pity and move forward.
Yes they are rich and took no money for the interview, but it will pay off for them in the short run because they were able to pull in such good ratings. They showed they are bankable at the cost of other people.
true and well said Stun K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV