Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2021, 11:20 AM

4,063 posts, read 2,146,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think you are wrong there. It IS racist to speculate on a baby’s color when it coming from a white person to a Black parent to be. And honestly, you should know that.
I agree that it’s wrong to care about a baby’s color. Just wish for good health for the kid. Horrible if skin color mattered to them. But it’s so weird that anyone educated would speculate on this. MM had one white parent and one black. She herself is light skinned. So if I recall Hugh school genetics correctly, how could the baby ever be all that dark when out of sixteen great grandparents, at the most only four would be black, assuming MMs maternal grandparents were both black. So with 3/4 of the genetics being white, would they actually have been that concerned? And as far as we know, no one objected to the marriage, so wasn’t it likely they would have kids and the kids wouldn’t be 100 % white? And let’s not forget, Diana was lily white and they still butted heads with her. Sometimes it’s about personality, not race.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That IS for sure. They are opposites in upbringing, education, training, status and class. There is no comparison between the two so it shouldn't be made or even mentioned by people who keep on bringing it up in all of these threads being posted about Meghan and Harry.
MEGHAN herself brings it up. And Harry. All the time:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meghan-...interview-cbs/

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/p...ry?id=76273944

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...na/3834098002/

And she has the audacity to pretend she knew nothing much about Diana before marrying Harry. Lord have mercy. Pants on fire!

Old 03-09-2021, 11:45 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,452,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
MEGHAN herself brings it up. And Harry. All the time:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meghan-...interview-cbs/

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/p...ry?id=76273944

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...na/3834098002/

And she has the audacity to pretend she knew nothing much about Diana before marrying Harry. Lord have mercy. Pants on fire!
Yet, she knew all about the convention on who should be named a prince lol.

Although it seems she either intentionally lied about that or neither she nor Harry understood what it said.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:48 AM

728 posts, read 303,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Umm...it's extremely racist, and I wouldn't use the word speculating but more concerned about "how dark" the child would be. Did you watch the interview? The differences in the same news story and the different spins they put on the stories when it was Kate and when it was Meghan. I agree that Meghan was a natural, and people were drawn to her, and it came down to jealousy. Why in the world would she make up a story about wanting to commit suicide? I'm sorry, but nobody would. It's an insult to everyone struggling with their mental health.

Committing suicide is a female ploy. It's manipulative. I escaped two relationships with women and both were determined to take me down the wedding path. One slit her wrists and the other took sleeping pills. And both suicide attempts were done in my presence and each time I had to rushed her to the hospital promising that I would marry her. I didn't. I ran like a prisoner breaking out of Shawshank Prison.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:52 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,771,126 times
I only watched pieces of it, and she came across as insincere and manipulative and he came across as the "weak" link in the couple (she is the strong one). I don't feel sorry for either of them, and I don't like the idea of going on Oprah to talk smack about your family.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:55 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,554,114 times
Did not watch, but I am going to drop in a psychological perspective on this.

Often in families, if you pay close attention, you will see patterns that repeat over generations. Sometimes its something very obvious like alcoholism. Other times its relationship patterns. To me, it appears that Harry has unconsciously followed the pattern of his father, which is to marry a woman who does not fit the mold that the Royals prefer. And then dealing with all the stress and strife that comes with it. In both cases, the British press play a big role in amplifying the problem.

In a way, Harry is now reliving what his mother endured, but through Megan.

One might speculate that Harry is angry at his father about how he treated his mother, and choosing Megan was his method of retaliating against him. This could be entirely unconscious. Perhaps as the years go by he will realize what the connection is between his choice of partner and his parent's relationship.

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 03-09-2021 at 12:04 PM..

Old 03-09-2021, 11:57 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,967,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
The royal family is out of touch. Harry didn't want to have his wife die unhappy way too early like his mom...saw the writing on the wall. Respect them for taking action and for doing that interview. Wish them the best here in America healthy and happy with their growing family.
I agree. I got even more respect for Harry after seeing the interview. He's a real man, doing what is right for his wife and children. I recently saw a short interview with Diana and Charles when they got engaged. The reporter asked Charles if he was in love. Charles answered he didn't know what love was. He probably didn't want to offend Camilla who he was seeing on the side. Diana should have walked out on that weasel right then and there. Harry saw what the royal family did to his Mom and was having none of it for his wife. Bravo Harry.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:01 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,771,126 times
But why go on Oprah? Why not just live quietly with his family away from his supposedly horrible family?

She has torn him from his family. I don't view this in a positive light.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:11 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,452,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I agree that it’s wrong to care about a baby’s color. Just wish for good health for the kid. Horrible if skin color mattered to them. But it’s so weird that anyone educated would speculate on this. MM had one white parent and one black. She herself is light skinned. So if I recall Hugh school genetics correctly, how could the baby ever be all that dark when out of sixteen great grandparents, at the most only four would be black, assuming MMs maternal grandparents were both black. So with 3/4 of the genetics being white, would they actually have been that concerned? And as far as we know, no one objected to the marriage, so wasn’t it likely they would have kids and the kids wouldn’t be 100 % white? And let’s not forget, Diana was lily white and they still butted heads with her. Sometimes it’s about personality, not race.
Yes to the bolded. I think H & M are both on record saying the family welcomed her into the family. Seems odd they would wait until she was pregnant to say omg what if the baby comes out with a dark skin tone.

We also do not know the context of this convo.

It could just have easily been about what to do/say if anything, should the baby be dark skinned and the tabloid press made a big issue of it.

Doesn't seem impossible to me that palace staffer's may have even brought it up.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:24 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,967,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
But why go on Oprah? Why not just live quietly with his family away from his supposedly horrible family?

She has torn him from his family. I don't view this in a positive light.
Because they feel they were wronged and shunned and are not willing to pretend it didn't happen. They are getting even. Good for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV