Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 06:55 AM

21,531 posts, read 10,658,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Meghan was being bullied by the British media. Big difference.
Everyone in the public eye gets bullied by the British media.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:03 AM

22,125 posts, read 13,239,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Are you kidding? She accused the BRF of racism. She lobbed a nuclear bomb to her in laws when her grandfather in law was in the hospital.
Nightcrawler means that she didn't specifically name any one member of the royal family when she made her accusations. Instead she painted the whole lot of them with a broad brush of condemnation, which is actually MORE damaging, but then that was the intent...

Old 03-10-2021, 07:06 AM

22,125 posts, read 13,239,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I wonder if anyone wondered if the baby would have red hair?
Wouldn't that be REDIST???

Actually, Lady C., friend and author of books on the royals, tells us in a YouTube video that she personally had the same discussion with a member of the family (Lady C. is Jamaican and mixed race herself), who voiced the fervent hope that Archie would look more like Meghan than Harry.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:07 AM

18,519 posts, read 31,782,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Nightcrawler means that she didn't specifically name any one member of the royal family when she made her accusations. Instead she painted the whole lot of them with a broad brush of condemnation, which is actually MORE damaging, but then that was the intent...

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.

It left us with the imagination of who said what.
but in reality, what difference would it make if she did infact give a specific name, none really.

the whole "Royal" BS situation is actually entertaining if nothing else, and this thing of "Royalty" and biong "Royal", to me, is complete and utter nonsense.

they bleed just like we do, but, entertaining none the less.....

Old 03-10-2021, 07:07 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,026,251 times
She was bullied by the British media - so she was obviously paying attention to the media. Yet she claims not to have read the many, many, many articles about the Royal family, the protocols, the rules and obligations?? That's on her. And on Harry.

No help when suicidal, but she saw how many doctors during her pregnancy? Again, that's on her and Harry.

The baby was never entitled to a royal title - once again, that's on her and Harry.

The question about the baby's skin color is similar to wondering who the baby might look like. Not racist, at most it's just ignorant. And it doesn't make the asker a racist, that person is simply ignorant of genetics. It was very clear that she and Harry wanted children when they got engaged, I don't recall any Royal family drama about that.

Left the royal family for a quiet life, yet air all of this supposed dirty laundry on TV? Screams narcissistic attention grabbing to me. Her own ignorance is astounding....

Old 03-10-2021, 07:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,361,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Wouldn't that be REDIST???

Actually, Lady C., friend and author of books on the royals, tells us in a YouTube video that she personally had the same discussion with a member of the family (Lady C. is Jamaican and mixed race herself), who voiced the fervent hope that Archie would look more like Meghan than Harry.
I often said that if any of my biracial kids inherited red hair, it would probably be unfortunate for them. I might have even considered dyeing it - LOL.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:20 AM

21,531 posts, read 10,658,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I often said that if any of my biracial kids inherited red hair, it would probably be unfortunate for them. I might have even considered dyeing it - LOL.
Why? I love red hair.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:25 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,984,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I don't know all the details about Meghan and her own family estrangement but I find it very telling that she has no contact with any of them except mother. And now she is estranged from her husbands family with him. I know her family is lower on the status scale but I bet they have a boat load to say about her personality. I'd love to know the details.

To me, Harry has been lost since his mother died. Then an older woman comes along, yes only a few years, but she no doubt was seductively assertive with him, coy and manipulative and he fell for it. He was primed for it after mother died. Now there will be a second child and Harry's dug an even deeper hole that he probably can't get himself out of.

When he refused to tell who said the thing about Archie's skin color, adamant about not telling as it would be incredibly damaging, I think it had to be someone very close to him, Dad, William or Gramps.

I think the really sad part is that Harry and William are so far apart now. I bet Harry has some very sad moments when he quietly reflects on how things have turned out.
By not naming the person who made the comment, all of the royals are suspect. Not very fair, IMO. And to be honest, isn't it pretty common to wonder what color hair, eyes, etc. the baby will have? I guess skin tone is off limits, but the question could have been entirely innocent of racism and just based on curiosity. Of course, in this age of perpetual offense over anything and everything, it is being construed as a racist comment. Although there does seem to be some basis for wondering:

https://multiracial.com/index.php/20...ur-skin-color/

Old 03-10-2021, 07:27 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,987,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This was one of the lies that Meghan told in the interview. There was an article from 2018 about her learning the protocols of being a Duchess.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/megha...-training.html
The Queen signed her up for Duchess Training after they were married. So, no she didn't lie. She would have met the Queen before marriage and probably didn't know how to curtsy or anything else.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:28 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,987,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Everyone in the public eye gets bullied by the British media.
She was bullied for being an American, Commoner, and Bi-Racial. The British Media treated Kate and Meghan differently as seen in the examples between just a couple of headlines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV