Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 02:17 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,327,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Good points. Harry was raised from birth what was expected. The royal lifestyle didn't feel restrictive. Unlike Megan from America. She felt restricted. Can't go make a movie in America if she wanted to. She has to be Harry's royal wife.

Harry doesn't seem to know what to do in America. This is where you can be whatever you want to be. Did he have any personal aspirations? Like being a teacher? Musician? Fly airplanes? You can aspire to whatever you want to be in America. Except, being a royal. You can't aspire to that. But he was raised only to be a royal, and not aspire to personal ambitions.

It was Megan that made him realize he was trapped. Leaving UK he could do whatever non-royal pursuits he wanted. They wanted to remain royals but live independent of the royal 'firm'. He thought maybe they could do that. Live anywhere they want, and get royal benefits, but only check in a few times a year to the Queen. Queen said no so fast.

So Harry didn't really have a way to 'find' his independent self away from the royal firm. That doesn't happen UNTIL you have completely become independent from them. THEN you can start finding out who your independent self really is. What Harry is doing is way more difficult then Megan. But she rarely talks about how difficult it is for him.

They are very media savvy. They knew they couldn't have a plain jane interview with Oprah. There had to be bombshells to get top press attention. To promote themselves. Some of this is planned imo.
Harry was in the British Army for ten years and had two tours of duty in Afghanistan. He reportedly loved his role but was pulled out when the media leaked information which put him and others in danger.

I imagine that has helped fuel his dislike of the media. Obviously being in the Army is one role he cannot take on in the US.

I suspect that he is not very bright and perhaps was wounded by two previous girlfriends refusing to marry him.

Rushed in to this relationship whereas he should have made his future wife very aware of what it involved.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:21 AM

13,295 posts, read 8,514,534 times
Her friends conversation with the British Morning News left a drab sensation. Meghan is a humanitarian?

She seemed more like a social friend and not a close knit friend.

I sense that many folks in society have "thoughts" of suicide or
even' Boy did I wanna murder that person ! ' Said or "thought" as a way to release the pent up emotion.

Rarely is it meant literally. So that is my assessment of Meghans "moment" of "thinking" about suicide- If recollection serves- She was pregnant at the time. I'm sure Little Archie will feel More special that Mummsy didn't do him in with her ill "thought" despair.

Prince Harry seems to be a devoted Gent to her and I suppose that is a lovely thing. I think partly - she wears the pants.

The part that often rattles my being is neither of them will ever know poverty, or hardships like us "commoners" ( otherwise known as the majority of humans) .

Granted Harry lost his Mum at a young age, probably one of the few sorrows that life placed upon his shoulders to endure.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:23 AM

18,559 posts, read 18,852,221 times
Who sees it coming.... First Lady President of the US. if people are fooled by this fantasy story teller.. who is so full of her own importance she had better not look at her reflection in the river..

Old 03-11-2021, 06:05 AM

3,669 posts, read 1,626,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Heck, all she had to do is watch the old episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy met the Queen. Or like many said, google it. So I’m not buying it as an excuse. I agree with you, it’s an ego thing.

I agree about the ego but I think MM has a point on this one. I can hear her thinking "why do I have to curtsy anyone? Especially mom in law? Normal families don't do that". That's being raised American.

She said she thought curtsy was only done in public, not privately. I have no idea. To find out you curtsy even in private?! What the heck? I agree with MM on this one. Curtsy in public is tolerable enough. But in private? Give me a break. However, she must have known that before she got engaged. So I have no sympathy about that, but I agree with her thinking.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:21 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,467,410 times
One of the simple signs of her " blackness " or not is this...Look at the palms of her hands and the bottom of her feet ? Are they a different color than her arms or legs ? Facially she ( to me at least ) doesn't look black, when you check out her nose or lips . He Mother is admittedly half black, she is one quarter black, and any child she may have with Harry will be one eighth black.

She has a firm hand lock on Harry's genitals which allows her to steer the ship. Let us remember that Harry inherited a considerable number of millions from his Mother's estate upon her death. The Mrs gets to share all of it.

As for her statement about " I considered suicide " that is laughable coming from such a " strong and progressive modern woman ". To think that she was incapable of seeking her OWN mental illness help is a joke. She didn't need any one's approval to get help, and she certainly CAN afford it. That comment was a pitiful attempt to garner sympathy , nothing more.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:23 AM

4,753 posts, read 4,460,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I agree about the ego but I think MM has a point on this one. I can hear her thinking "why do I have to curtsy anyone? Especially mom in law? Normal families don't do that". That's being raised American.

She said she thought curtsy was only done in public, not privately. I have no idea. To find out you curtsy even in private?! What the heck? I agree with MM on this one. Curtsy in public is tolerable enough. But in private? Give me a break. However, she must have known that before she got engaged. So I have no sympathy about that, but I agree with her thinking.
I still don't get it. I never thought about if one has to curtsy in private to the Queen so I didn't know it's expected--------but that said- how big a deal is that? I mean, I think in general she HAD to know that this situation of marrying into the royal family had many stipulations and quirks. When most of marry into other families (ordinary ones), let's be real. There are always accommodations to be made and behaviors to be tweaked. I do get that this situation requires more but it just does not ring true to me to be so unraveled about curtsying to the Queen.

Whatever.

I wish all of them well but I know from when I first became aware of MM and all, my very first gut reaction to her was that she seemed to be playing a part. I remember seeing some of the wedding ( and what a grand affair that was- no one looked uncomfortable to have that in my opinion) I just thought her sheer bliss and joy that was radiating from her face was over the top and yes, good acting.
Brides and grooms are smitten and over the moon with each other but she just seemed to be on another level.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:56 AM

9,545 posts, read 16,584,751 times
Seems to me when I signed on yesterday this Thread had been closed. Evidently its been reopened again.

I bet the Royals are wishing more than ever that Megan never came into their life. Harry is probably thinking should we have done the interview. He knows the Royals will never get to tell their side of the story. I can't say I ever liked his father who will be King in the coming years. He did treat Diana terribly. Surely both sons must have developed some dislike for their father over that. Still Harry must be feeling some level of sadness, because of all this hurt this interview is causing.

When he married Megan I just didn't feel this marriage would work. Now even though they seem like they are a close married couple, I just don't see this marriage lasting more than a few years. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:59 AM

22,146 posts, read 13,173,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Who sees it coming.... First Lady President of the US. if people are fooled by this fantasy story teller.. who is so full of her own importance she had better not look at her reflection in the river..
That is/was her goal, and that of her backers in high and mighty places, but looks like Kamala will beat her to the punch -- sooner rather than later.

As for suicide, words matter. "I didn't want to be alive any more" (if indeed they were uttered at all) is much vaguer and less worrisome than "I had plans and an overwhelming urge to kill myself."

Old 03-11-2021, 07:09 AM

9,529 posts, read 5,327,259 times
I suspect that he is not very bright and perhaps was wounded by two previous girlfriends refusing to marry him.

This right here....they knew what was involved marrying a royal!!!

Old 03-11-2021, 07:10 AM

22,146 posts, read 13,173,357 times
Because Harry made them aware, as he did Meghan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV