Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 12:12 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,691,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Not true I was very happy for Harry when he got engaged..I wanted him to be happy at last and wished them both well.. sadly it wasnt to last.. as I dont think Meghan can be happy anywhere with anyone..
I only remember positive press when Meghan and Harry got engaged and married. The negative press started once she started acting out. I always thought her relationship with her father was strange, but just shrugged it off. Now it makes sense, and I agree that she's not going to be happy anywhere.

If she just wanted to get away and live happily ever after she wouldn't have done the Oprah interview. It essentially did nothing but allow her to drive a bigger wedge between Harry and the rest of the family. That was probably the reason she did it.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:13 PM

51,225 posts, read 36,904,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Not true I was very happy for Harry when he got engaged..I wanted him to be happy at last and wished them both well.. sadly it wasnt to last.. as I dont think Meghan can be happy anywhere with anyone..
I don’t see any reason to think that. I remember the threads here when they got married, people were awful about her, she seemed universally hated. Magnify that times 100 in U.K. and I think it’s clear they had no choice. No one can live under that kind of contempt and constant criticism and be happy.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:14 PM

51,225 posts, read 36,904,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I only remember positive press when Meghan and Harry got engaged and married. The negative press started once she started acting out. I always thought her relationship with her father was strange, but just shrugged it off. Now it makes sense, and I agree that she's not going to be happy anywhere.

If she just wanted to get away and live happily ever after she wouldn't have done the Oprah interview. It essentially did nothing but allow her to drive a bigger wedge between Harry and the rest of the family. That was probably the reason she did it.
Why are you assuming she pushed for the interview or that it wasn’t mutual?? “She” didn’t do the interview, THEY did.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:26 PM

22,150 posts, read 13,197,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I wonder, too, how many people who are so critical of Megan Markle in this interview feel/felt the same way about Diana's bombshell interview with Martin Bashir 25 years ago? Diana was mostly seen as brave and tragic for telling her truth, but wasn't she being just as opportunistic and self-promotional?
Yes, she was; both of them unstable, manipulative women with personality disorders. Harry married a girl just like dear old mom!

Last edited by otterhere; 03-12-2021 at 01:00 PM..

Old 03-12-2021, 12:58 PM

17,594 posts, read 16,733,068 times
Harry had been a confirmed bachelor, playing the field and enjoying all the feminine attention he got. He had his pick of women and Meghan was the one for him.

Maybe he wanted a lady who would be a bit non-compliant because maybe Harry has his own limits as far as how compliant he is willing to be, himself.

I think we expected these two to be like William and Kate - proper, dignified, royal. But Harry and Meghan want a middle ground it seems. They want to live more like celebrities than royals. They want the royal clout without the restrictions that come with being royalty. They aren't kids anymore, they are used to having a certain amount of autonomy and they aren't as easily molded into the image that they are "supposed" to present to the world. I think that Diana had a similar independent streak.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:45 PM

2,106 posts, read 989,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Whether or not Harry's blood is royal is still a matter of some debate. James Hewett?
James Hewett’s name comes up every few years when another generation thinks they’ve discovered something , Diana’s brother had ginger hair , now grey , both her sisters had some red in their hair , plus I think Harry was already two years old when she dated Hewett .

Old 03-12-2021, 01:54 PM

Wrong about the dates, but I guess that's the latest "official story."

Old 03-12-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Harry is fragile and vulnerable like his mother, Princess Diana. Meghan has the nature of an aggressive tough street kid. Things are going to get rough where she's taking him. Harry is not going to make it.
It's true that Harry is a snowflake and Me Gain is a thug, but all he has to do is run back to Granny and William, and I'm sure all will be forgiven - like it always has been!

Old 03-12-2021, 03:41 PM

12,809 posts, read 15,098,918 times
I truly hope Meghan & Harry make it w/ their marriage AND their regarding their livelihood, I'm sure they will! Meghan seems to have a LOT of celeb friends. Tyler Perry let them stay on his property for months immediately after the Royals stopped paying Harry/them. Meghan can just get back into acting if all else fails & he can too.

They're about to have their 2nd child...a girl (which they said that's it as far as kids goes). So perfect, they have their son & now will have their daughter. What more kids does a couple need?

Old 03-12-2021, 03:55 PM

728 posts, read 305,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It's true that Harry is a snowflake and Me Gain is a thug, but all he has to do is run back to Granny and William, and I'm sure all will be forgiven - like it always has been!

I have no doubt that the royal family will take Harry back in a heartbeat. But it's going to be messy unless he is locked away in a castle somewhere never to appear again in public. Meghan won't let him escape and she has his offspring - two kids - held hostage. She will milk him for child support and more, on top of the scandalous news cycle she can generate to keep herself relevant in the public arena. Hell knows no fury like a woman scorned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV