Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 05:46 PM

8,641 posts, read 10,173,210 times

Advertisements

New teaser trailer with dragons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg86eQkdudI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 06:17 PM

Teaser Trailer Breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfll8AdkfKk

Old 05-07-2022, 12:17 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,610,676 times
I'm really looking forward to seeing Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen. Plus, more dragons. And we'll hopefully see at least one tournament in full panoply.

Not sure that the show will equal, much less top the quality of the first four seasons of GOT; but I hope it will provide good entertainment.

I still would have much preferred a series based on Aegon's Conquest - imagine Westeros as prey to the Aegon/Rhaenys/Visenya triad and the three mighty dragons as the Targaryens burst forth from Dragonstone to subdue all those independent kingdoms....That would have been fun. House of the Dragons will, presumably, end in violence and sorrow and the deaths of most of the dragons.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:32 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,245,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I still would have much preferred a series based on Aegon's Conquest - imagine Westeros as prey to the Aegon/Rhaenys/Visenya triad and the three mighty dragons as the Targaryens burst forth from Dragonstone to subdue all those independent kingdoms....That would have been fun. House of the Dragons will, presumably, end in violence and sorrow and the deaths of most of the dragons.
Totally agree. The conquest of Westeros and the drama of the first few kings seems perfect for a series.

I'm reading the book this is all based on right now, Fire & Blood. I'm about 125 pages in (700+ page book), and we're just now getting to the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen, which started about year 50AC, whereas Game of Thrones is set approx 300AC, and it seems this series is set approx 130AC. So we are skipping the first 130 years.

While I wish we were getting the conquest of Westeros, the "Dance of the Dragons" is supposedly an amazing story/event, and I'm guessing the producers wanted to start with the biggest adventure of the three hundred year reign of the Targaryens.

I'll take what we can get!

Old 05-07-2022, 08:19 AM

7,029 posts, read 2,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I hope it will be good. We'll see. Minor correction: Fire & Blood isn't a novel. It's a fictional history.

Something strikes me as weird about the world in which these shows are set. This is a prequel, right? Set thousands of years before GAME OF THRONES, right? So why are the technology, the weapons, the building styles, and even the clothes and hairstyles almost exactly the same?

That would be like all of us still being in the early Iron Age.

Why is Westeros seemingly "permanently stuck" in the Middle Ages?
We went from horses to jets in less than 100 years.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
We went from horses to jets in less than 100 years.
But we were stuck on horses for thousands of years. Our Middle Ages lasted for approx 1,000 years. None of which has any bearing on a fictional tale.

FWIW, the harnessing of electricity, about 150 years ago, is when human progress took a jump start. Before that was a mostly linear progression of advances. After that, it's exponential. Especially once the transistor was invented.

Old 05-19-2022, 02:32 PM

Even though season 1 will not premier until August and HBO has yet to formally renew the series for a 2nd season, it appears writing has begun for season 2 and that implies that HBO has already renewed the series.

https://winteriscoming.net/2022/05/1...agon-season-2/

Old 05-19-2022, 10:48 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,989,030 times
I hope they bring in the other kingdoms especially on Essos. I believe Sarnor is still around. I want to see some Yi Ti and Asshai.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I hope they bring in the other kingdoms especially on Essos. I believe Sarnor is still around. I want to see some Yi Ti and Asshai.
That's why I was interested in the first prequel Bloodmoon that was sadly canceled by HBO. I think it would have given us more background into Essos.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:31 AM

Based on what I've read so far (I'm halfway thru the book), and the teasers & promos for the show, it's all Westeros. It's about Targaryen infighting, and Westeros, and not the world at large.

And I agree, I would love to see more of Essos, Asshai, et al. There is a minor event on the book, maybe lasting one page, that does talk about those lands. It's where one side character decides to sail off and see what else is out there, similar to what Arya Stark did at the end of GoT. But we only get a paragraph or two, and no details on what this character finds.

Maybe the NEXT series will cover that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV