Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2022, 04:02 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,441,309 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been able to re-watch any of the episodes on HBO Max? I've tried to do so now for the second week, but have no luck getting the title to load. But I also have no problem--confirmed by episode 2--of playing the new episode immediately when it drops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 04:38 PM

8,657 posts, read 10,207,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Has anyone been able to re-watch any of the episodes on HBO Max? I've tried to do so now for the second week, but have no luck getting the title to load. But I also have no problem--confirmed by episode 2--of playing the new episode immediately when it drops.
Just tried it and it seems to be working just fine. I did have to update an older app on one of my other TVs.

Old 08-30-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Just tried it and it seems to be working just fine. I did have to update an older app on one of my other TVs.
Ok thanks I’ll give that a try later!

Old 08-31-2022, 08:31 AM

37,309 posts, read 60,078,432 times
I have held off on watching this or any previews because Game of Thrones was a particular favorite of our son who died in 2020–we watched Game of Thrones with him many times and he loved the Martin novels—
Always willing to compare and discuss them and the show even though I hadn’t read the novels…

I tried to watch E1 last night and every time Matt Smith came on I was looking for the pointed ears that Legolas had in The Ring movies…will have to try again
I realize why Matt Smith is wearing a wig like that but I don’t know if I can get past that association

Old 08-31-2022, 08:53 AM

22,975 posts, read 28,417,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I have held off on watching this or any previews because Game of Thrones was a particular favorite of our son who died in 2020–we watched Game of Thrones with him many times and he loved the Martin novels—
Always willing to compare and discuss them and the show even though I hadn’t read the novels…
So sorry for the loss of your son.

Quote:
I tried to watch E1 last night and every time Matt Smith came on I was looking for the pointed ears that Legolas had in The Ring movies…will have to try again
I realize why Matt Smith is wearing a wig like that but I don’t know if I can get past that association
Smith actually has one of the better wigs. Even though we are enjoying (with reservation) the show, our household is already referring to it as THE BIG SHOW OF BAD WIGS. They really are strikingly awful in several scenes. I can't imagine someone somewhere in the process didn't say, "This really isn't working. We have to rethink this."

Viserys and Vaemond are probably the worst. Great actors, but their natural facial hair really clashes with their obviously fake wigs. They look like old punk rockers who can't break the habit of dying their hair. And Vaemond's daughter. The actress is giving it her all and doing a great job, but the poor kid looks like she has a sheep sleeping on her head.

Overall, in terms of the setting and costuming, I think this show's reach has extended its grasp --- or maybe its budget? The imagination on display is great. But the rubber/plastic armor, the foam castles, and the blurry/bad CGI are really glaring in places.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:31 AM

32,757 posts, read 48,422,263 times
Quote:
.......I tried to watch E1 last night and every time Matt Smith came on I was looking for the pointed ears that Legolas had in The Ring movies…

I have thought that they all look like elves.

Lord Corlys looks like he has rug yarn on his head. Like no one finished his sweater for him. It looks really weird. Is it supposed to look like dreadlocks? It doesn't.

I don't care. I'm enjoying the story and it is television, so one simply must do a little bit of the suspension of disbelief.

I think the castles looks fine.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:36 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,270,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't care. I'm enjoying the story
Ultimately, that's what matters. I find when I don't like something, I start nitpicking every little thing. Wigs, props, TV Guide synopsis, the director's clothes, everything.

And when I like something, I just watch it.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I have thought that they all look like elves.

Lord Corlys looks like he has rug yarn on his head. Like no one finished his sweater for him. It looks really weird. Is it supposed to look like dreadlocks? It doesn't.

I don't care. I'm enjoying the story and it is television, so one simply must do a little bit of the suspension of disbelief.

I think the castles looks fine.
I didn't realize that the guy who plays Lord Corlys is actually bald

I will say that his hair looks authentic to me. Dreadlocks come in many different forms, so I've seen people with dreadlocks/locks that look just like his.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:11 PM

4,500 posts, read 3,958,015 times
Quote:
When I see him I see Prince Phillip from The Crown.

Old 08-31-2022, 02:47 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,620,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
When I see him I see Prince Phillip from The Crown.

When I look at him, I see an interesting version of Prince Daemon Targaryen from Fire & Blood. (and I've watched Matt Smith as Prince Phillip and Dr. Who - several times). At least for me, he loses himself in the parts well enough so I don't see the prior roles he played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV