Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 10:57 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,943,115 times

Advertisements

Basically just fast forwarded through this—it is just not on the level of GoT
Think it will not fulfill the anticipated number of series
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 11:00 AM

45,485 posts, read 60,718,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The difference between the two may be this: everybody knows (or can easily find out) how this one ends.

Old 09-12-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The difference between the two may be this: everybody knows (or can easily find out) how this one ends.
Not for me—I have rewatched series before in whole or part after seeing them the first time

It is quality—
I rewatch The Wire, Cheers, Frazier, The Fall, The Good Wife, and GOT in addition to others because they are QUALITY productions—
This one is just not the same quality—you can blame HBO, the showrunners, Martin or whomever
It is like knowing the difference between great food and microwave…

Old 09-13-2022, 12:18 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,592,989 times
Quote:
idk what the bold means.

Quote:
Not for me—I have rewatched series before in whole or part after seeing them the first time

It is quality—
I rewatch The Wire, Cheers, Frazier, The Fall, The Good Wife, and GOT in addition to others because they are QUALITY productions—
This one is just not the same quality—you can blame HBO, the showrunners, Martin or whomever
It is like knowing the difference between great food and microwave…
I find this interesting because the first couple of episodes of GOT are boring. And even overall, GOT didnt become a cultural phenomenon until about its 4th season

Old 09-13-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
idk what the bold means.

I find this interesting because the first couple of episodes of GOT are boring. And even overall, GOT didnt become a cultural phenomenon until about its 4th season
I disagree—
The first two episodes of GoT provided most of the conflicts and characters that will be covered in the series
We see the Iron Throne w/the issue of incest/illegitimate heirs, and bad kingship, the North with the Winter is Coming threat and the Wilding/White Walkers,
Bran’s attempted murder/coma/injury which likely is the impetus for his having a 3rd eye/prescient farseeing ability;
the dagger given to the assassin sent to kill Bran a 2nd time which has Dragonglass and a protracted history even showing up in this week’s HoD’
Jon Snow’s strained ties to the Starks (to hide his Targaryen identity) joining the Wall and his disillusion but also his ties to Tyrion who we come to find is one of the few honest narrators;
Danary’s ability to adapt and rule her Khan and her issues with slavery
Vyseris’s inability to even rule himself—

All of the elements in the first two episodes of GoT are planted and grow and are harvested during the coming seasons—

There are elements like that in HoD I just don’t find the same level of complexity
But not to say that everyone feels like I do—
One of my main issues is with Milly Alcock’s mouth—which looks weird to me

Old 09-13-2022, 02:53 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,989,030 times
How closely is this series following what GRRM wrote in books?

Old 09-13-2022, 03:23 PM

45,485 posts, read 60,718,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Really closely.

The only major difference I've picked out, although I'm sure there are others, (other than Alicent and Rhaenyra being the same age and friends and Viserys being much older) is the winner of the fight at the Courting Session the last episode was the other guy.

You have to remember that the source book is more a history book than a story so a one sentence reference in it, like the duel I mentioned, is fleshed out for the show.

The Rhaenyra/Criston Cole interaction was vague in the book with no real yes or no.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:06 AM

32,674 posts, read 48,163,278 times
And there is our reminder that Targaryens are not nice people. In case you had forgotten.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:28 PM

29,608 posts, read 16,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Pretty closely since he basically only wrote an outline

Old 09-15-2022, 05:49 AM

11,200 posts, read 9,101,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no actual source material for the long night. everyone who saw what was filmed said it was horrible.
Source material....you have GRRM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV