Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 01:39 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,114,276 times

Advertisements

I thought I would start a new thread.

AMC announced that the 11th and final season of The Walking Dead would return Aug. 22. That’s two months earlier than the show’s traditional October debut.

The final season will consist of 24 episodes — essentially a season and a half — and stretch through late 2022 on AMC as the basic cable network plans to spinoff stars Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) into their own as yet untitled series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2021, 09:08 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times
Well I can def tell you it's time to wrap it up. I just started watching season 10 as I had to wait for it to hit Netflix, but as a die hard fan of the series I think I have been "loyalty watching" the last two seasons. The themes/drama lines/situations have been on repetitive auto reload and it's same story, different characters/setting for awhile now.

Glad to hear Daryl and Carol will likely survive the series, big fans of both characters. Don't tell me if either or both don't make it out of season 10, would be major spoiler....

Old 08-01-2021, 10:37 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
So the predicted "twelve seasons" aren't coming to pass, eh? Not surprised. The writing is atrocious. I dropped the show. Not sure if I'll be back. I dropped Fear and am not bothering with Beyond or whatever they call it.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:37 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
IMO, they should had ended the story with this group when they reached the Prison and started a new story arc with another group in another country and rise/repeat. And try to tie all the story arcs in the end in a final showdown/reveal.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:31 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
So the predicted "twelve seasons" aren't coming to pass, eh? Not surprised. The writing is atrocious. I dropped the show. Not sure if I'll be back. I dropped Fear and am not bothering with Beyond or whatever they call it.
IMO the writing and story lines has dumbed down and devolved over the years. Most people I know who have bailed on the show are middle aged or older adults. I have noticed a good portion of the newer characters are children/tweens/teens/younger adults and I suspect they are gearing the show to their remaining or newer audience.

The villains are becoming more comic book, or IMO comical, in nature with the exaggerated intelligence, awareness, sadistic paraniod/psycho-sociopathic traits that tend to exist in these characters. Alpha and Negan have crossed the border into the absurd and ridiculous in this department.

This all on top of all the continually rehashed/repetitive story lines and dramatic dilemmas.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:53 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
I stopped watching about halfway through season 5. Just couldn't take it anymore. Aimless, pointless wandering by characters unable to display even a minimum of basic intelligence and planning. The writers' sole plan to interest viewers seemed to be to just constantly up the "gross out" factor.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:58 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I stopped watching about halfway through season 5. Just couldn't take it anymore. Aimless, pointless wandering by characters unable to display even a minimum of basic intelligence and planning. The writers' sole plan to interest viewers seemed to be to just constantly up the "gross out" factor.
I completely agree. We loved the show originally, but stopped watching it after season 6. In fact every one I know personally, that had watched it, stopped long ago.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:27 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Well I can def tell you it's time to wrap it up. I just started watching season 10 as I had to wait for it to hit Netflix, but as a die hard fan of the series I think I have been "loyalty watching" the last two seasons. The themes/drama lines/situations have been on repetitive auto reload and it's same story, different characters/setting for awhile now.

Glad to hear Daryl and Carol will likely survive the series, big fans of both characters. Don't tell me if either or both don't make it out of season 10, would be major spoiler....
Who would have guessed that an "abused wife" and an "abused little brother" would be the only original members to survive.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:11 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
I like The World Beyond and Fear over the original Show. The World beyond is not Bad Imo.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:34 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
I watched it until the day negan killed who he didf. I had promised myself that if he didnt catch a .308 round center mass after the first swing, the show jumped the shark

The premise was great. I have been interested in the whole 'most people and all services' are gone survival since I read 'the stand' in college. oddly, its what I do for a living now - plan for it.

the take on how to get around certain things was always interesting and as the group formed and got better, the take downs of problems became textbook military tactics.

for example, dealing with the claimers...we know for a fact these people will survive into an apocalypse. we saw them in action hoarding last year. the needs of the many must outweigh the needs of the few. therefore, clip at first sight.

next was the LEO people that kidnapped beth? where you worked to serve them, indentured servitude of the weak by the strong? ditto. clip at first contact.

the cannibals? soften the site at first contact and eliminate.

the assault on the saviors plant or whatever that was? ince it was determined they kill the innocent to make a point, the 2 broads left in the woods that carol took out should have been clipped 15 seconds after they got the intel. the takedown was perfect war college assault on a fortified position, fortified by dumba**es

a lot of the power struggles that will occur from weak people who want to assert themselves in the absence of law - nicely done.

then we jump into fantasy land. I swear to god I thot I saw in a preview they had people dressed up as knights templar. really? and what became of the whole zombie thing, it became a story of personal interactions and not dealing with the threats.

and reember when that one guy met with them and he invited them to virginia? why was his car a s**t box? you have millions of low or no mile suvs just sitting there....getting gas for one is the same as any so why drive a basket case?

but the way it declined all makes sense, because ideas were run out of...the writer stole each other idea from literature. in fact he lifted the whole idea of negans dispatch method from 'the bear jew' in 'inglorious basterds'. in the end, the shows creator was STILL a 40 year old virgin and it showed.

one thing I never got an answer to....when shane turned...the screen would flash a millisecond of zombie faces growling a couple times. was the point to illustrate that somehow they were linked telepathically? did anything come of this later?

and did anyone but me notice that the reinforcing struts for the alexandria walls were on the WRONG side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV