Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 01:25 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times

Advertisements

Survivor is one of the last TV shows I do watch and I hope they see the public's displeasure and goes back to the original concept. I don't need to see all these idols - it under minds the fact that they have to have a good social game. I don't want to see any extinction islands. I want to see luxury challenges and Immunity competitions - that's why I use to love this game.

I'd always skip the last 3 doing their remembering of all the previous people and how they were voted off - I can't stand recaps of any show - bring on the action.

This game feels more scripted than true to form or they have some really stupid players. Getting rid of Brad vs Ricard - how dumb are you people especially when you had an in with Brad and he most likely would have used his advantages to save you. No keep loud mouth pushy Ricard who reminds me of Boston Rob who I always detested.

If Amazing Race goes this route - I won't have any shows left to watch as everything I like is moving to the pay per view channels.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:00 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,462,026 times
I'm glad that Jeff dropped "Come on in, guys"; however, he should have just started saying "Come on in, everyone" without calling attention to it.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:57 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,791,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Survivor is one of the last TV shows I do watch

This game feels more scripted than true to form or they have some really stupid players. Getting rid of Brad vs Ricard - how dumb are you people especially when you had an in with Brad and he most likely would have used his advantages to save you. No keep loud mouth pushy Ricard who reminds me of Boston Rob who I always detested.

I agree, Brad seemed like a decent guy and a team player. He contributed around camp and tried at challenges, Ricard is annoying and seem untrustworthy.

Old 10-09-2021, 05:20 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
I just read a comment that said they felt like Survivor is Jumping the Shark
People have been saying that since Season 2

But we KNEW this "new season" would be different. I haven't minded some of these twists nearly as much as previous ones like Outcasts, Redemption Island, etc.

Old 10-09-2021, 05:26 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I'm glad that Jeff dropped "Come on in, guys"; however, he should have just started saying "Come on in, everyone" without calling attention to it.
I'm on board for "Come on in, y'all". Jeff definitely says "y'all" quite often.

The worst part about this whole song & dance about "Guys" is that anybody can see it wasn't really Ricard's "idea" to drop it. CBS would never make a change like that without big meetings, focus groups, etc. Yeah, they should have just changed it, and said so. But CBS/Jeff wanted to make it seem "democratic" and presumed somebody in the cast--and I'm sure everybody expected it to be Evvie--would applaud that decision. Instead, Evvie gave the "wrong" answer and so Production had to butter up somebody else to ask them to do what they were going to do anyway, but wanted to make it look like the players drove it. In fact, why would this particular season be the one where the players get such power? Not even "players", but "player". They never even took a vote; it could have been Evvie single-handedly who "caused" the (pre-arranged) change, but when she didn't, then Ricard was somehow convicned the get the "credit" for it...but they STILL never took a vote at large.

This sort of manipulation by CBS (definitely not new in "reality" TV, but in this case, manipulating optics in their favor instead of just saying "Here's the new way", which nobody would have questioned.

Old 10-10-2021, 09:20 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,017,386 times
I'm still watching as well, but on the verge of not continuing. Not because of the, "wokeness", so many advantages. The HII I can live with, then they added more and now this season. Lose a vote, steal a vote, 3-way immunity I mean what's next? I mean you actually need a scorecard to keep up with who has what.

Old 10-10-2021, 09:28 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,237,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I'm still watching as well, but on the verge of not continuing. Not because of the, "wokeness", so many advantages. The HII I can live with, then they added more and now this season. Lose a vote, steal a vote, 3-way immunity I mean what's next? I mean you actually need a scorecard to keep up with who has what.
Agree. As much as I'm enjoying this season, it's become confusing keeping up with Idols and who has one, and who almost has one, and who needs a butterfly to have one, and so on and so on.

Old 10-11-2021, 07:56 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,462,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
How about an Excel spreadsheet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV