Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 09:51 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,044,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I liked seeing his name on the parchment. He is wondering who voted for him now.
You know he's going nuclear, scorched earth and then OH, HELL NO.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:25 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,288,788 times
I'm back! After watching every Survivor from #1 to about #20 (ie, ten years), I took a break. Which lasted about ten years also. Decided on a lark to try this season, and love it! Great group of contestants, like the fast pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Yep, it is rigged.
Not a chance on earth. Survivor falls under "Game show rules with cash prizes", which means it is scrutinized every which way, to make sure it is all aboveboard. If CBS or the producers were caught manipulating it in *any* way, the penalties would be devastating.

Plus, after 600+ contestants, don't you think someone would have leaked if it was fixed?

Old 09-26-2021, 06:59 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,458,006 times
Wouldn't it have been funny for Jeff to say, "I'm not going to say 'Come on in, guys' anymore. From now on, it will be 'Come on in, guys and gals!". But seriously folks (lol), everybody says guys, you guys, youse guys, I mean look at all the youtubers who start off with "Hey guys", even if it's a makeup tutorial. I wish that guy had just let it be but, whatever. However, "Come on in..." is just gonna sound stupid. How about "everybody" at the end, Jeff?

This season looks intense and I like it moving faster.

Old 09-28-2021, 01:27 AM

3,928 posts, read 1,856,382 times
First episode was eh, too many "woke" type people it doesn't make sense for CBS to cater to a certain type of people, when they represent such a small minority.

I'm surprised they don't get rice. In past seasons people lost so much weight and always appeared hungry, seems rice should be allowed.

Personally the overly done "guys" comment can go, good riddance. Let's go back to ladies and gentlemen, folks, everyone etc...... Good call by Jeff!

Old 09-30-2021, 10:35 AM

5,564 posts, read 7,173,096 times
Was rooting for Tiffany, not so sure now.
Hope they switch tribes and Xander can get revenge.

Did you hear Jeff say "guys" at tribal?

Old 09-30-2021, 11:56 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,288,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Was rooting for Tiffany, not so sure now.
Hope they switch tribes and Xander can get revenge.

Did you hear Jeff say "guys" at tribal?
Agree on Tiff. I love watching alliances form & fall apart, but Tiffany played it like an @ss. Stick with the plan, vote Xander, and move on. Now the other two women--Evvie & Liana--have to be looking at her like a wild card. Plus Xander knows his "alliance" with Evvie was a sham.

I missed the "guys" call out. Muscle memory is hard to shake!

Old 09-30-2021, 02:09 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,471,517 times
I predict Evie will be this year's winner. She's good at this game. She made a number of power moves in this episode. Good for her!

Old 09-30-2021, 05:00 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,505,119 times
I predict Evie will get her butt thrown out as soon as they figure out she's playing both sides.

Tiffany is so unlikeable, she's bound to make it to the very end.

Liana is good at games, so she's probably going to get kicked out for that eventually, though right now they need her.

Heather is not making any moves yet, except being a snitch.

Jairus seems like a happy go lucky guy, hope they keep him for a while.

Naseer is the only one who knows how to help his teammates at this point, so he will be there for at least a game or two more, unless he messes up in some way.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:14 PM

4,885 posts, read 5,044,269 times
I can't believe they voted out Leonard.
Tiffany will be carried to the end. The only thing she brings to the game is; she has no skills, isn't self-aware and she was able to persuade (maybe persuade is the wrong word) her allies to vote her way.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:17 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,060,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Naseer is the only one who knows how to help his teammates at this point, so he will be there for at least a game or two more, unless he messes up in some way.
He reminds me a bit of Hein, from South Africa. He was able to start fires, provide food and shelter for his tribe, enough that others didn't have to do much but watch him. One tribemate noted "All is well here in Hein-Land". Unfortunately, he lost on a bizarre one-on-one challenge where they had to silently count and say when 45-seconds was up.
https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Hein_Vosloo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV