Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 02:16 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,730 times

Advertisements

Survivor Season 41 is officially on the CBS schedule for this fall! CBS has confirmed Survivor will be on at it's usual time slot, Wednesdays at 8PM Eastern. They haven't given a premiere date yet and rumors are swirling as to what this season will be.

What is known:
--There are 18 all-new castaways.
--The season wrapped up filming in Fiji last week.
--Castaways will start the season split into 3 tribes.
--The season was recast after covid due to CBS's new policy to make the cast at least 50% people of color. No word how many people originally cast for this season will still be on it.

Unconfirmed but fairly reliable rumors:
--The season is shortened from the typical 39 days to 26 days. Unknown if they will make this known when the show airs or not mention it at all. No clue if this means getting rid of reward challenges or every challenge is a combination reward/immunity. Who knows. With still 18 castaways, it seems the show would have the same number of Tribal Councils and thus the same number of episodes as usual.
--The title will just be referred to as Survivor 41 without any subtitle (i.e. Winners at War, Millennials vs Gen X). Word is this could be the case going forward for all seasons going forward (unless they actually decide to move out of Fiji).
--In regards to the previous bulletin, it's unknown if this means there won't be any silly theme to the season. It's possibly they still do one but don't put it in the name of the season.

At any rate, we'll finally have Survivor back on TV after a 16 month break!

Old 05-19-2021, 05:13 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
--The season was recast after covid due to CBS's new policy to make the cast at least 50% people of color.
Well, I'm out. It's been real, Survivor.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:32 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Survivor is all fake anyway.

Old 05-20-2021, 04:31 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
I love Survivor and have watched it since the first season - but if they've joined the PC culture - I'm not sure I'll watch it. We've found out the last few years that people were selected or sought out that filled a particular type. It's too bad that so many in the entertainment industry are killing themselves.

There are few programs I watch these days - I've been watching old movies and TV series from years past as today's culture is pushing the PC too hard.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:20 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Yes! Finally.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:42 AM

130,128 posts, read 12,082,762 times
I'm looking forward to watching it. I don't care what ethnicity the contestants will be, & I'm glad to read that there is no "silly title" going in to the game. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in a shortened season.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:07 PM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
I don't think any of the posters here care about ethnicity either. My beef is that instead of just having the best and most interesting players who are fans of the show and would do anything to participate - these shows now actively go out and engage people off the street who never applied because they fit a certain type. I could care if the cast or contestants are all one race, religion or of a certain sexual preference as long as they weren't sought out to fill a particular spot. I'm sick of getting lectured to by these contestants and sick of every story line going down the Social Justice Warrior path and why I watch few shows anymore.

I'd much rather watch repeats of Flip Wilson, Carol Burnett, Archie Bunker or Good Times where not everything said was offensive back in the day. They'd never survive in the world today.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:48 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I don't think any of the posters here care about ethnicity either. My beef is that instead of just having the best and most interesting players who are fans of the show and would do anything to participate - these shows now actively go out and engage people off the street who never applied because they fit a certain type. I could care if the cast or contestants are all one race, religion or of a certain sexual preference as long as they weren't sought out to fill a particular spot. I'm sick of getting lectured to by these contestants and sick of every story line going down the Social Justice Warrior path and why I watch few shows anymore.

I'd much rather watch repeats of Flip Wilson, Carol Burnett, Archie Bunker or Good Times where not everything said was offensive back in the day. They'd never survive in the world today.
It's just ridiculous overkill, is the problem. There were People of Color in the first season of Survivor. I watched the all-winners season last year, there were plenty of People of Color on that. The people who make Survivor have no need to prove to the world that they aren't racist, or whatever.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:06 AM

631 posts, read 398,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
--The season was recast after covid due to CBS's new policy to make the cast at least 50% people of color.
I'll watch a couple of episodes to see if it starts getting 'preachy' and if it does, then I'm out! Enough of this SJW/PC BS already

Survivor South Africa starts on June 3rd and Survivor Australia (a MUCH better show) later in the year. I'll be watching both.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:36 AM

5,880 posts, read 6,946,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
Survivor South Africa starts on June 3rd and Survivor Australia (a MUCH better show) later in the year. I'll be watching both.
Where are you watching these? I have seen a couple of the older seasons on YouTube, but they seem to come and go, and are not always available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV