Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 06:26 PM

33,462 posts, read 12,737,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekcat View Post
slow test results.
lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 07:28 PM

51,303 posts, read 24,726,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
For the final episode, he could have Jerry, Sally, Geraldo, Ricki, Jenny, and Phil all show up to symbolically turn out the lights on that era of trashy TV. But just as they silently leave the darkened set, wheelchair-bound Wendy Williams rolls in and says "Oh, am I too late?"
I look at these shows a little differently. But before I get to that, are you talking about Phil Donohue? I thought his shows were often very done.

As far as Maury and Jerry Well, at least Jerry Springer, I did find them quite entertaining, although I have to add that I only watched each of them maybe 3 shows a year. But back when I was a principal, somehow the topic of Jerry Springer came up at a faculty meeting...as I recall a teacher joked about watching Jerry Springer on a snow day, and several other teachers were quite critical of her. I suggested that every once in a while, perhaps on a snow day, that teachers watch a program like Jerry Springer, (paraphrased) because all of you very well educated people have forgotten that there are people like those on the Jerry Spring Show that are our clients. The father a couple of weeks ago that jumped over the front counter in the main office and punched our vice principal in the mouth...Jerry Spring type. A couple of the child abuse cases a few of you have reported to CPS...Jerry Springer types. The parent who shot several kids with a beebee gun as they got off the school bus at home...Jerry Springer types".

I actually think that occasionally it's good to remind ourselves what some American are like.

Old 03-22-2022, 04:43 AM

3,800 posts, read 2,623,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Phil Donohue? I thought his shows were often very well done..
The lie detector determined..

That was a lie.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:21 AM

19,782 posts, read 10,228,069 times
Has not been on local TV for years.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
The lie detector determined..

That was a lie.
Phil Donohue???

Old 03-22-2022, 10:21 AM

102,380 posts, read 108,679,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
you forgot oprah
Oprah started out in the cheap-trashy arena, but after a few years, cleaned up her act. She started doing "angel network" type shows, worked in men's and women's makeover shows for variety (always popular), as well as talk shows on women's issues, couple issues, a little politics here and there. She went mainly for "uplifting" and "informative", as I recall. Is she still doing that, now that she has her own network, or did she retire her show at that point?

Old 03-22-2022, 10:23 AM

102,380 posts, read 108,679,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
For the final episode, he could have Jerry, Sally, Geraldo, Ricki, Jenny, and Phil all show up to symbolically turn out the lights on that era of trashy TV. But just as they silently leave the darkened set, wheelchair-bound Wendy Williams rolls in and says "Oh, am I too late?"
You forgot Jerry Springer, who's synonymous with trashy TV. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

Old 03-22-2022, 11:11 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,040,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You forgot Jerry Springer, who's synonymous with trashy TV. Whatever happened to him, anyway?
I think he has a new, "judge" show.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The sad thing (I guess, since his net worth is estimated to be $60 million) is that if you've ever seen him interviewed about serious topics -- such as international politics -- he was very knowledgeable, very able to analyze situations, and extremely well spoken.

Old 03-22-2022, 02:21 PM

2,106 posts, read 992,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He's married to Connie Chung.
Chung got fired after she dressed as a nurse to try get into the hospital after the Oklahoma bombing , she was a reporter trying to fake being a nurse , got caught
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV