Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 06:13 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times

Advertisements

I liked the Christopher Walken spot. It gave me a chuckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 06:58 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
SB commercials have been terrible for most of this century. This year didn't stand out as particularly worse compared to prior ones.

The 90s remains King of commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jJGDCczL4

Old 02-14-2024, 01:47 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I liked the Budweiser ad until the end; because they leave the brave Labrador and hard-working horses out in the blizzard while bringing the booze into the bar and celebrating.
The horses would have been fine, if the drivers only had one or two beers in the bar, taking maybe an hour, tops. They're Clydesdales, and they can grow a winter coat. It wouldn't work at -40, but it didn't look that cold in the commercial. Not if the drivers were dressed like they were. One or two beers, then back to the barn. And make sure those horses get some carrots and apples after working so hard and so well in that weather!

I did like the Budweiser ad though. I've always liked their Clydesdale commercials. I did once get to meet the Budweiser Clydesdales, watched them get harnessed, and pull their wagon in a parade. Beautiful horses, and a very professional crew looking after and driving them.

The State Farm Schwartzeneggar commercial made me laugh. "Neighbor!" "Neighbaaa...?" "NEIGHBOR!" "Neighbaaa...?"

Beyonce's "Let's Break the Internet" ad for Verizon was okay. Not great, not lousy, just okay.

The Dove one was very good, and made us think.

Volkswagen was an interesting history lesson.

Temu, Homes, the DunKings, Kennedy--no. Just no.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:48 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
SB commercials have been terrible for most of this century. This year didn't stand out as particularly worse compared to prior ones.

The 90s remains King of commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jJGDCczL4
Agreed, the 90's was just an all out great time.

Loved the "wazzup" commercials. They always cracked me up.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:29 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Kennedy's a joke of a candidate, but I liked the ad. Actually thought this was a better ad year than the previous few, though none were particularly outstanding. The less talking animals, the better
I will take a talking animal,over a talking person any day.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:05 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
RFK Jr's commercial was slammed by the Kennedy/Shriver family for depicting his views and campaign as being similar to RFK's when their policies beliefs aren't even close. He publicly apologized but has kept the commercial pinned on his website.

Old 02-14-2024, 11:16 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I was glad to see the tribute to Carl Weathers.

The RFK Jr. commercial was lame. That was from a Pac not the campaign.

Deliveries still come in bad weather. Deadlines are deadlines.

One of the new/early/recent episodes of the new/current season of Chicago P.D. was also dedicated to Carl Weathers.

Old 02-14-2024, 11:20 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
......... Tell me you've never had an original "Bug" without telling me you've never had an original "Bug" ..........
And you would be quite wrong. My family had one and when it finally pooped out, bought another new one. My mother bought a third one after her divorce and a cousin had one, that she drove over a cliff, bounced down a hundred feet and emerged unscathed. Those little round cars just bounced like a ball and were more crush-proof than they should have been.

I loved those cars, they would go anywhere and they were cheap and easy to work on. They would skip over the rocks and sand in Baja and pass up big 4WDs that had gotten stuck and they got great gas mileage. They would move along the freeway surprisingly well, considering the engine size, whirring along, sounding like an enraged sewing machine

I was alarmed to see so many Temu ads. I love buying my cheap Chinese goodies off of Temu, but if they are going to spend multi-millions of dollars of advertising at the Superbowl, that means they will be raising prices soon to cover the high cost of advertising. Too bad because I will miss shopping with them.

Old 02-14-2024, 11:45 AM

17,581 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And you would be quite wrong. My family had one and when it finally pooped out, bought another new one. My mother bought a third one after her divorce and a cousin had one, that she drove over a cliff, bounced down a hundred feet and emerged unscathed. Those little round cars just bounced like a ball and were more crush-proof than they should have been.

I loved those cars, they would go anywhere and they were cheap and easy to work on. They would skip over the rocks and sand in Baja and pass up big 4WDs that had gotten stuck and they got great gas mileage. They would move along the freeway surprisingly well, considering the engine size, whirring along, sounding like an enraged sewing machine

I was alarmed to see so many Temu ads. I love buying my cheap Chinese goodies off of Temu, but if they are going to spend multi-millions of dollars of advertising at the Superbowl, that means they will be raising prices soon to cover the high cost of advertising. Too bad because I will miss shopping with them.

I could be biased a bit as I never had one anywhere close to new. I didn't start driving until 91.. A solid 15+ years after the last ones came out.. At that time.. again.. While I'll give props that it was a great first car.. That's about all it was great for.

Reliable? Actually.. yes. Many of them were pretty well rusted out by the time I was driving one, but they kept moving.. And they'd just shake your fillings out. You had to find specialized mechanics if you did have a problem with one because few people knew how to work on the air cooled engine and the 6 volt system.

For a first time car.. It was great because they were cheap and reliable.. But.. I happily graduated fairly quickly to something else.

Old 02-14-2024, 05:54 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,178,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
On the freeway, to get really good fuel mileage and reduce engine stress, you would sneak up behind an 18-wheeler and drive in the draft/slipstream. If you got close enough, the truck driver couldn't see you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV