Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM

10,934 posts, read 4,422,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I loved the series one of my all time favorites. I had some issues with the sequel some of which has been discussed here. Part of what saved it for me was Michael C. Hall reprising the roll. Now with a whole new cast we will see how that goes. They pulled it off in Better Call Saul after Breaking Bad. So it can be done. But they also had several cast members from BB in BCS. I will watch at least the first episode and see how it goes.
Yeah Better Call Saul was incredible quality, very deep and detailed show, with Breaking Bad elements and more.
I wonder if Michael C. Hall could do the voice over or whatever you call it when you can hear Dexter thinking.
Because in "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage there was an older version of his character doing the voice over.
But so far I've only heard that Michael C. Hall is an executive producer for Original Sin, so the new star Patrick Gibson might do the voice over, if they choose to have one (which I think they will).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Patrick Gibson (Dexter) and Molly Brown (Debra) React To Their Casting In Dexter: Original Sin
Molly Brown who plays teenage Debra said: "I'm about to swear so f*cking much on your TV... Thank you, thank you, thank you, I'm so f*cking excited."
Patrick Gibson who plays Dexter on the other hand, said: "Tonight’s the night… Can’t. Bloody. Wait."

Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM

30,317 posts, read 11,948,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Yeah Better Call Saul was incredible quality, very deep and detailed show, with Breaking Bad elements and more.
I wonder if Michael C. Hall could do the voice over or whatever you call it when you can hear Dexter thinking.
Because in "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage there was an older version of his character doing the voice over.
But so far I've only heard that Michael C. Hall is an executive producer for Original Sin, so the new star Patrick Gibson might do the voice over, if they choose to have one (which I think they will).
That is a real good idea regarding the voice over for Dexter.

Old Today, 07:36 AM

4,963 posts, read 3,387,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Harrison was so unlikable, I spent the whole season hoping that Dexter would be forced to kill Harrison.
Instead the writers betrayed Dexter in the finale, and made Dexter suddenly lose all logic and all control, just to kill Dexter off.
I guess their goal was to make Harrison look like a good guy, so they had to change Dexter's character dramatically in order to achieve that.
At least they know how much the fans hated Harrison, and that is why they aren't filming a 2nd season of New Blood (at least not yet), and are bringing back Dexter instead, and Original Sin has the potential for 5 or even 10 seasons because the actor playing Dexter has a very young face.

I didn't like the character, either... but thought the entire purpose of the sequel was to 'finalize' the story of Dexter. Which they did. Don't remember any talk of anything more going forward for the Harrison character.

When they start talking about a 'prequel' I start thinking about how thoroughly disappointing I found 'The Many Saints of Newark'.

Old Today, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is a real good idea regarding the voice over for Dexter.
Yes it will be ratings winner if they bring back Michael C. Hall's voice, that's for sure.
And overall the voice over helps character development a lot, and explains the character's motivations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I didn't like the character, either... but thought the entire purpose of the sequel was to 'finalize' the story of Dexter. Which they did. Don't remember any talk of anything more going forward for the Harrison character.

When they start talking about a 'prequel' I start thinking about how thoroughly disappointing I found 'The Many Saints of Newark'.
Last year, Showtime announced they'll be doing more of New Blood, and also a Trinity Killer prequel and of course the Dexter prequel-

On February 6th of 2023, and after several reports from reliable sources, Showtime and Paramount+ both released a press release that pretty much confirmed they have been working on a variety of prequels. The first one is based on the college years of Dexter Morgan, the other one about the early years of the fan favorite villain Trinity Killer, and a sequel series to Dexter: New Blood starring Jack Alcott as Harrison Morgan.
Big Announcements About the Dexter Spinoffs Are Just Around the Corner

But recently Showtime announced production of the Trinity Killer prequel has been cancelled.
They haven't cancelled New Blood Season 2 yet.

Old Today, 10:24 PM

8,759 posts, read 9,493,304 times
I hope they don't muck it up. At first I was a no, but, I too am willing to watch with an open mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV