Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 12:33 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,165,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Your word was zapped because it only had one "g" in it. Google the word and you will see it's sort of ethnic slur now. Lots of words I used to be able to say have a different meaning now and that's one of them. I use it in terms of a carpenter tool but some in the world don't know it.

About Victor. I caught that little snide action in the living room when the ladies were gone. I know Victor doesn't like Dylan. He never did. He only "tolerates" him because he's Nikki's son. The fact that Victor is behind the demo of the warehouse district only shows what a creep he really is. He says he loves Nikki but he doesn't. That's not love. He's a pos, always has been a pos and will be a pos til the day he dies. What? Too harsh? LOL

Next week should a be pretty interesting week in GC what with Adam finding out he can't proceed with his plans, all because of that stupid ball and chain he's married to.

I agree that the storylines are getting pretty interesting, at least to me. I'm lovin' the whole Adam story and I can't wait to see what Kelly's going to do next, now that she's crossed into crazy town. I want Neil to see the light . . . literally and figuratively. That skank he's married to needs to be run out of town on a rail. And she can take her backstabbing little lover with her. I just hate seeing Neil hurt this way, though. He needs to know! Okay, I'll stop ranting now.
You're not ranting! I agree with you about Hilary - Neil gave her an out at the beginning of their marriage and she said that she would stick by him. If she had left right then things would not have escalated to the point where they are now. Neil will be devastated - he will not only lose a wife, but a son. Lily was right about everything because she knew early on that Hilary was going to hurt her father.

Victor is going to wind up alone on his deathbed if he continues the way he has and treating everyone like they are beneath him. He thinks he is so much smarter. The difference between Victor and Jack, his nemesis, is one thing: a conscience. Jack has a moral code whereas Victor has none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 AM

43,695 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Victor is going to wind up alone on his deathbed if he continues the way he has and treating everyone like they are beneath him. He thinks he is so much smarter. The difference between Victor and Jack, his nemesis, is one thing: a conscience. Jack has a moral code whereas Victor has none.
Which is why Adam chose to confide in Jack rather than Victor!

Old 01-05-2015, 06:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
I think the writers have painted themselves into a corner with the neil/shank/ Devon storyline. How can this end anyway but horrible for all of them. Neil will be crushed to know his own son betrayed him let alone his own wife. The only way out is to kill off Shank so Neil never has to find out about the affair. If he does find out then Devon and Shank will be persona non grata ll over town and will have to leave. I like the Devon character but not what he has done to Neil. I remember Devon as a rough homeless kid who Neil and Drew took in.And I think Drew was instrumental in this because of her own upbringing and homelessness. Wish they would bring Drew back. Victoria Roal (?) will never come back but some other actress can pick it up.

I don't think Dylan has a deep secret. Victor is just a two faced creep who delights in crushing others just for fun.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 AM

738 posts, read 1,000,345 times
Quote:
Your word was zapped because it only had one "g" in it. Google the word and you will see it's sort of ethnic slur now. Lots of words I used to be able to say have a different meaning now and that's one of them. I use it in terms of a carpenter tool but some in the world don't know it.
Thanks Mars for explaining it. And I know the carpenter reference since I have dabbled a bit with wood projects myself, but was pretty surprised that I got zapped so I did google it. Guess I didn't read down far enough in the hits...which is why I probably didn't know. When I saw that and posted about it, I first changed the 'i' to a 'y' and then I thought it just didn't look right so I added the extra 'g'. Oh well, I guess I'm not a censor vergin anymore (note the spelling...).

Quote:
About Victor. I caught that little snide action in the living room when the ladies were gone. I know Victor doesn't like Dylan. He never did. He only "tolerates" him because he's Nikki's son. The fact that Victor is behind the demo of the warehouse district only shows what a creep he really is. He says he loves Nikki but he doesn't. That's not love. He's a pos, always has been a pos and will be a pos til the day he dies. What? Too harsh? LOL
You are correct about Victor merely tolerating Dylan, but at the very least I thought he did respect him because of how he rallied with Victor against Ian on Nikki's behalf. Oh wait!...come to think of it , that was Stitch I was thinking of. First he really liked him for Vikki (because he despises Billy) and then there was that whole "killing his father" thing, so he told Vikki Stitch was trash just like Billy and then when the truth came out, he actually told Stitch that he always liked him because of what Stitch did for 'family'. Yep...that was it...Victor being a hypocrite just like the entire Newman family always is.
Too harsh...nah!!! Hey, at least you didn't get censored!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Next week should a be pretty interesting week in GC what with Adam finding out he can't proceed with his plans, all because of that stupid ball and chain he's married to.

I agree that the storylines are getting pretty interesting, at least to me. I'm lovin' the whole Adam story and I can't wait to see what Kelly's going to do next, now that she's crossed into crazy town. I want Neil to see the light . . . literally and figuratively. That skank he's married to needs to be run out of town on a rail. And she can take her backstabbing little lover with her. I just hate seeing Neil hurt this way, though. He needs to know! Okay, I'll stop ranting now.
I too have been waiting for Neil to regain his sight so the writers can finally put an end to this tortuous Devillary storyline. Although I was fully engaged in it at the beginning (when she and Devon were first having feelings for each other but denying them), and then she put up with so much crap from Lily when she and Neil were first together, I thought that her mending her ways (so to speak) was a testament to being grateful for everyone giving her a second chance. But then when this whole thing started up with Devon, I got off the train. The writers have been dredging up this passive/aggressive father-son, wife-girlfriend thing between Devon and Neil too many times for my liking. First time, OK... Second time, not again... Third time, (at least I think it was the third time )...I'm done!

Oh...and no need to stop ranting. I rather like being in the company of those who enjoy a good spout-off with each other and then can laugh about it later. So (at least for me) rant on!!!

Quote:
I did notice that scene and it was very uncomfortable and tense. All Dylan did was apologize to Victor about butting in once again on Victor and Nikki's holiday but I knew that Dylan struck a nerve when he added something to the effect of "but the ladies will have a great time on the outing" That Victor takes everything as an offense - he then turned on Dylan and said something like "do not presume anything about my wife and myself" or some weird thing. Victor is really a touchy individual and he takes any innocent remark as a dig at him. I was surprised at the way Victor treated Dylan because they had been getting along well and they were both trying - things were looking up because both were making an effort because of Nikki. Now, what's with the deep freeze, maybe Slimey Joe did say something or found out something. Victor could of messed with the waterfront anytime and he had plenty of time to do it before his stepson Dylan bought the coffee house - yes, why now?

I was censored a few days ago when I called Jeff a ****** - it wasn't even a swear word. It was a word that described Jeff as we all thought of him. I am thinking those askteriks are going to show up again. Ah, well...
Quote:
And, they did...
You made me laugh again CoolG! Maybe if you write your word in "message board code" the censors won't see it. Ya know...cloak it in your own version of a Jedi Knight invisibility shield...*wink* *wink* . But be warned: sometimes, even when you don't intend it, I it happens. One time on a different board, I was posting questions about growing "sheetaki" mushrooms (invisibility shied applied here), but because I accidentally ommitted one of the "i's", the word got zapped. Now remember that the entire word has nothing to do with the slang version of "doo-doo", but it was censored anyway. All the posters on that thread had a good laugh about it especially given the fact that mushrooms do grow better when "manure" is applied correctly .

RVcook

Old 01-05-2015, 12:17 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
You guys are great. I love chatting about the show and ragging on the characters. It's nice to find positive and negative things to talk about and I especially like everyone's point of view on them. Sometimes I see something different than it is and then I see it different after one of you share your thoughts on it. It's like school and I'm learning something new. lol

On another note, I wish these software programs were able to clue in on words that are not inflammatory but they only see the word and block it. Even when a bad word is within another word, the program will block it. Makes it very frustrating yet kind of funny. There was one member on another site who used the nickname for his real name, Richard (you all know the word I'm thinking of) We couldn't even address him by his shortened name because it was a word commonly used to reference part of a man's anatomy. We all laughed about it and suggested he change his name. HA! It was a hoot!

Despite all the hiccups and censorship, I hope you all have a great week.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:58 PM

Default Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Which is why Adam chose to confide in Jack rather than Victor!
Yes, he totally knows the kind of man his father is.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:04 AM

Default Devon and His Shank

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I think the writers have painted themselves into a corner with the neil/shank/ Devon storyline. How can this end anyway but horrible for all of them. Neil will be crushed to know his own son betrayed him let alone his own wife. The only way out is to kill off Shank so Neil never has to find out about the affair. If he does find out then Devon and Shank will be persona non grata ll over town and will have to leave. I like the Devon character but not what he has done to Neil. I remember Devon as a rough homeless kid who Neil and Drew took in.And I think Drew was instrumental in this because of her own upbringing and homelessness. Wish they would bring Drew back. Victoria Roal (?) will never come back but some other actress can pick it up.

I don't think Dylan has a deep secret. Victor is just a two faced creep who delights in crushing others just for fun.
For a woman that comes between a man and his son, you can tell a lot about her, not that the blame is one-sided, but she had a choice and she chose to sleep with her husband's son. And Devon is totally unrecognizable these days, not physically, but just not the same Devon we are all used to. He has come such a long way and to end up as this low-life sleeping with Neil's shank of a wife, that is too much and what a disappointment. I hate his little snide looks each time Neil speaks lovingly of his wife. This is his father and he's treating it like it's one big joke on the old man.

I would like Drew to return, too but Victoria Rowell is not coming back due to some kind of problems with the producers of the show - I forget exactly what happened, but it wasn't good and she is not welcomed back for some reason.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:17 AM

Default Devillary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Thanks Mars for explaining it. And I know the carpenter reference since I have dabbled a bit with wood projects myself, but was pretty surprised that I got zapped so I did google it. Guess I didn't read down far enough in the hits...which is why I probably didn't know. When I saw that and posted about it, I first changed the 'i' to a 'y' and then I thought it just didn't look right so I added the extra 'g'. Oh well, I guess I'm not a censor vergin anymore (note the spelling...).

You are correct about Victor merely tolerating Dylan, but at the very least I thought he did respect him because of how he rallied with Victor against Ian on Nikki's behalf. Oh wait!...come to think of it , that was Stitch I was thinking of. First he really liked him for Vikki (because he despises Billy) and then there was that whole "killing his father" thing, so he told Vikki Stitch was trash just like Billy and then when the truth came out, he actually told Stitch that he always liked him because of what Stitch did for 'family'. Yep...that was it...Victor being a hypocrite just like the entire Newman family always is.
Too harsh...nah!!! Hey, at least you didn't get censored!! LOL!!!

I too have been waiting for Neil to regain his sight so the writers can finally put an end to this tortuous Devillary storyline. Although I was fully engaged in it at the beginning (when she and Devon were first having feelings for each other but denying them), and then she put up with so much crap from Lily when she and Neil were first together, I thought that her mending her ways (so to speak) was a testament to being grateful for everyone giving her a second chance. But then when this whole thing started up with Devon, I got off the train. The writers have been dredging up this passive/aggressive father-son, wife-girlfriend thing between Devon and Neil too many times for my liking. First time, OK... Second time, not again... Third time, (at least I think it was the third time )...I'm done!

Oh...and no need to stop ranting. I rather like being in the company of those who enjoy a good spout-off with each other and then can laugh about it later. So (at least for me) rant on!!!

You made me laugh again CoolG! Maybe if you write your word in "message board code" the censors won't see it. Ya know...cloak it in your own version of a Jedi Knight invisibility shield...*wink* *wink* . But be warned: sometimes, even when you don't intend it, I it happens. One time on a different board, I was posting questions about growing "sheetaki" mushrooms (invisibility shied applied here), but because I accidentally ommitted one of the "i's", the word got zapped. Now remember that the entire word has nothing to do with the slang version of "doo-doo", but it was censored anyway. All the posters on that thread had a good laugh about it especially given the fact that mushrooms do grow better when "manure" is applied correctly .

RVcook
I like that - Devillary - it's perfect! I hope Neil gets to see 20/20 soon about the Devillary going around him. I am so sick of Devillary making a fool of Neil - I still can't forget the time that Neil walked in on them after their Afternoon Delight. Devon half-dressed putting on his shoes quietly - it was both hilarious and sad that they were taking advantage of Neil's condition to hide their nastiness. Everyone was Keystone Cops that day - Caine was even there!

I'm learning fast about "message board code"! I said that Jeff was a konman - I hope that shows up! It wasn't even a bad word geez... The missing extra "i" in the mushroom word made it look like a bad word but it wasn't, but it worked well and gave it extra meaning! I wonder if konman will show up.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:18 AM

It worked!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2015, 12:27 AM

Default Funny Censors

Quote:
You guys are great. I love chatting about the show and ragging on the characters. It's nice to find positive and negative things to talk about and I especially like everyone's point of view on them. Sometimes I see something different than it is and then I see it different after one of you share your thoughts on it. It's like school and I'm learning something new. lol

On another note, I wish these software programs were able to clue in on words that are not inflammatory but they only see the word and block it. Even when a bad word is within another word, the program will block it. Makes it very frustrating yet kind of funny. There was one member on another site who used the nickname for his real name, Richard (you all know the word I'm thinking of) We couldn't even address him by his shortened name because it was a word commonly used to reference part of a man's anatomy. We all laughed about it and suggested he change his name. HA! It was a hoot!

Despite all the hiccups and censorship, I hope you all have a great week.
The censoring is funny but now I am learning how to bypass being blocked/censored. That poor man who had the unfortunate nickname, he's known as four asterisks on city-data LOL

You have a great week, too, Mars! I always love to come to this forum to read everyone's take on the characters and goings-on at Y&R. I also see a lot of different ways of looking at a situation on the show, some that I didn't even think of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV