Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 05:02 AM

100 posts, read 331,539 times

Advertisements

Now don't get me wrong folks. I love Family Guy. It is a no holds barred show. But I have to admit that I am totally sick of the big fight scenes. It started out with Peter fighting the Chicken guy. It was still funny when they did this a second time with Peter fighting the Chicken guy, scene 2. But now, everybody has had one of these fight scenes with everybody else:

Peter vs. Chicken
Peter vs. Chicken 2
Stewie vs. Brian (over a loan payback)
Peter beats up the cool girl at school (in support of Meg)
Lois vs. Stewie
Meg beats up an angry driver who rear ended her

Is anyone else sick of these punching, glass cutting, black-eyed free-for-alls?

.....also, enough of Herbert (the pedophile); Quagmire's sexual situations are far funnier.

Daffy

+++CD-----you've got til this Friday to vote for your favorite photograph under the poll in the photography Forum. (Check out those pictures!)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 06:11 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
I think FG rehashes all it's "jokes" way too much.

I cant even watch anymore.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
I think the fight scenes are funny. When Stewie beat up Brian over the loan I was on the floor laughing so hard.

The fight scenes occur frequently because those of us who are die hard fans of the show expect it and its part of the allure or inside joke if you will of the show.

Other shows do it all the time:

Friends: Joey's "How you doin'"
Lucy: With her "Waaaaaay" crying
Family Matters: Urkles "Did I do that?"
South Park: "You killed Kenny"

So its really no big deal. As long as the show keeps me laughing out loud every time, I'll continue to watch it and will not get tired of some of its signature moments.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM

33 posts, read 96,635 times
I think even the writers are running out of situations for Herbert. After his spotlight in the Star Wars special and the episode where he babysat the Griffins (where even Chris got the situation spot on), there aren't that many other places you can take the character or joke. It was worth noting that most of the non-Family Guy fans who tuned in for the Star Wars special had complaints against Herbert.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:54 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,239 times
I hate those. Most of the time I just fastforward through them. The fight scenes and the songs.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:26 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,785 times
I love the (at least the first few season's) songs. "'Rhode Island Bound" is the one that I've seen the most, but I recall a "pirate" themed one, probably a rip-off of "Pirates Of Penzance" but I swear I've only seen it once and I'm a pretty reliable viewer of the re-runs.

I always thought some of the fight scenes were a way to fill the 22 minutes without having to pay the Korean illustrators to make more "cells", just keep repeating the same few. This was especially true of Peter and the chicken. I also thought the Lois and Stewie fight in the Oval Office was terrific. In fact that whole story line was pretty great.

Funny because we had a discussion about FG tonight at rehearsal (community theatre), a couple of 20 somethings and me. They seemd shocked that an old f**t like me was a FG fan.

golfgod

Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
I think sometimes they run out of material and throw in a fight segment. I still enjoy the show. FG is much funnier than "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill."

Old 09-28-2008, 06:53 PM

212 posts, read 901,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffysentry View Post
Now don't get me wrong folks. I love Family Guy. It is a no holds barred show. But I have to admit that I am totally sick of the big fight scenes. It started out with Peter fighting the Chicken guy. It was still funny when they did this a second time with Peter fighting the Chicken guy, scene 2. But now, everybody has had one of these fight scenes with everybody else:

Peter vs. Chicken
Peter vs. Chicken 2
Stewie vs. Brian (over a loan payback)
Peter beats up the cool girl at school (in support of Meg)
Lois vs. Stewie
Meg beats up an angry driver who rear ended her

Is anyone else sick of these punching, glass cutting, black-eyed free-for-alls?

.....also, enough of Herbert (the pedophile); Quagmire's sexual situations are far funnier.

Daffy

+++CD-----you've got til this Friday to vote for your favorite photograph under the poll in the photography Forum. (Check out those pictures!)

I love "Family Guy", but I am sick of the fights. I hate the scenes with Stewie beating Brian up, especially when Stewie brings out the flamethrower. I think the fights between the chicken and Peter are funny. I think it's hilarious how much damage they do to Rhode Island over a bad coupon. Who needs Godzilla when you have a guy mad at a chicken over something so silly?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:56 PM

212 posts, read 901,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I think sometimes they run out of material and throw in a fight segment. I still enjoy the show. FG is much funnier than "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill."
I agree. "The Simpsons Movie" is funny, but otherwise I'm not much of a "Simpsons" fan otherwise. "King of The Hill" is okay, but I don't really care for the stereotypes of Texans in the show.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:23 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,518 times
I, for one, love the fight scenes and surprised no one mentioned the one where the whole family fights each other when Lois becomes a black belt. That is my all time favorite FG fight scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV