Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,081,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sick of the L&Os??? NEVER!!!!!
Well said...

However, do miss Jill Hennessy and esp. Angie Harmon

The intro score - that is some quite sounds too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,599,381 times
i have used the off switch with extreme prejudice.
of course have not done the same with CDF.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:24 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,693,739 times
I still like L&O. Of course, I never really got into the original L&O till this season, at least as far as watching it regularly. I've seen some past episodes but just in reruns when nothing else was on. I like the new detectives. I don't know how other people feel about them, especially die-hard fans from earlier seasons, but I like them.

SVU is my favorite of the series, but it's definitely getting weaker. The story lines are becoming more and more predictable.

I also like CI. It took me a while to accept Chris Noth as the detective taking over 50% of the shows, but I got used to him and ended up liking him. I'm disappointed to see him going and Goldblum stepping in. Hopefully I'll like him better than I'm expecting.

Lucy

Old 12-08-2008, 08:09 AM

37,817 posts, read 41,123,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
I think the executives behind Law & Order must be in bed with NBC. This show is so stupid...the same type of episode over and over. The same twist after their first hunch was wrong. These cops never appologize when they are wrong. They never have witnesses, or suspects that will ever cooperate.

Really sick of Mariska Hagearty (sp?). Same self-righteous character over and over. This show really makes me hate cops! I would love to see her get busted! I would never watch her in anything else either. I hate this woman!

Sadly, this show dominates NBC. It is on about 5 nights a week, and if you can't afford cable, and the other stations stink as well, your stuck.

Law & Order is the best advertisement for Cable or Satellite TV. It makes people want to get it, so they don't have to watch regular network TV.
There is one thing that's predictible about Law & Order annoys me more than the liberal stories. Anita Van Buren always tells the cops what they should check out next. Every stinkin' show for as long as her character has been on it. Cops go out. Cops come back to the police station. She tells them what to check out next. I defy you to watch one week of Law & Order reruns on TNT and tell me about one episode that lacks that scenario.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:55 PM

741 posts, read 1,382,424 times
Hi, Glitterific,

I feel the same way about Chris Noth. He may be back though; I think it is at least 2x that he has come and gone.

The new series with Jeff Goldblum has at least several episodes ready. It was scheduled to start in October on USA but that has been changed to January.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 PM

635 posts, read 1,689,307 times
We used to watch the marathons in a heart beat! Now, we barely watch it. Too much of a good thing. The opening scenes got more gory and the characters although I still like them, changed - I think they are burned out (or I did). Dick Wolf has another show coming out not of the L&O empire, but still about cops.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:09 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,310,720 times
Get- homicide : life on the street.

Its like the law and order best phases.

I wish that was still on..Loved "frank"

Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Get- homicide : life on the street.

Its like the law and order best phases.

I wish that was still on..Loved "frank"
Me too - he was a straight shooter.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:14 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,306,655 times
I'm not sure how I feel about Bobby Goren becoming 'unhinged'.

Something that has been bothering me- the character that always shows up in numerous episodes that he could never catch ( the Australian blonde lady with all the alter egos) is it my imagination or did someone off her? Or did he finally get to arrest her?

I was watching an episode the other day and as soon as I saw her show up I turned the tv off because I'm sick of her storyline. If she is finally fertilizer I will be sure to watch that one the next time ir airs.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about Bobby Goren becoming 'unhinged'.

Something that has been bothering me- the character that always shows up in numerous episodes that he could never catch ( the Australian blonde lady with all the alter egos) is it my imagination or did someone off her? Or did he finally get to arrest her?

I was watching an episode the other day and as soon as I saw her show up I turned the tv off because I'm sick of her storyline. If she is finally fertilizer I will be sure to watch that one the next time ir airs.
rotfl!! I hear you she rubbed my fur straight up because she really doesn't have that highly intellectual villain quality, she just seems like a crazy woman with an australian accent and big bucky beaver teef.

That was really a stretch, Bobby unhinged. I mean, isn't that why is he is so good at what he does? For goodness sakes, the man walks up to the crime scene, with surgical gloves, runs his finger through 'something' near the body, sniffs it and immediately identifies the chemical composition of it! I'm already in motion for a dry hurl when he does something like that. So him just suddenly getting the twitches out of the blue IS kinda odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV