Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,705,667 times

Advertisements

As others have been saying its better the first few seasons then kind of gets dull. Yes good show though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,251,681 times
I doesn't make you think, its not deep, it doesn't explore normal human relationships.
Its got a ton of energy and is a send up of how crazy Hollywood can be for the young new star. Quite a bit of sexual escapade, 4 low income guys from New York thrown into Hollywood with suddenly a lot of money and opportunity. Actually I should back up a bit - one of the things that makes the show appealing is that the 4 guys are really good friends - i.e. those great high school friends? Well they have managed to hang on to that and its feel good and nostaligic and hilarious as they are total p**** hounds, immature - I love it.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:45 AM

480 posts, read 880,332 times
My husband and I both love this show and pick up HBO each season to watch. I don't know that I'd want to hang around guys like that in real life, but they're fun to watch. Jeremy Piven is great as Ari Gold, and I assumed forever that Kevin Dillon was merely playing himself. Their portrayal of women as mere sex objects has toned down a bit (thank goodness), with a couple of the guys finding love with some strong female characters (Ari's wife, Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Sloane). I also like the character of Lloyd a lot. Give it a shot.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,232,261 times
I wish they would get rid of this teenager Eric is dating - kinda creepy. Looks as if she will be a little psycho from the last episode.

Yah, Lloyd needs more screen time!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:57 PM

480 posts, read 880,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I wish they would get rid of this teenager Eric is dating - kinda creepy. Looks as if she will be a little psycho from the last episode.

Yah, Lloyd needs more screen time!
Yes, that actress does look like a teenager, doesn't she? Reminds me of the Olsen twins, but WAY too young for Eric. Plus, he needs to be with Sloane--she's one cool chick.

Lloyd is such a great character, and I both laugh and cringe at Ari's insults to him. Somehow, this show makes Ari's gay bashing funny, but it certainly wouldn't be in real life.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,705,667 times
Ari Gold and his little gay asian assistant are hilarious!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,076,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Hi,

Someone bought me the first couple of seasons of entourage as a gift, and I was wondering how good the show is? To give you an idea, my 3 favorite shows on TV are:

1. How I Met Your Mother
2. Seinfeld re-runs
3. The King of Queens re-runs

So I like those kind of shows. Is Entourage my type? I'm only asking because otherwise, he gave me the receipt in case I don't like it, so I can get something else.

thanks
I don't watch any of those shows, Yes I'm probably the only american who didn't watch Seinfeld but the little I watch I liked.

I love entourage but I didn't watch the first seasons. It's not a deep show but it is funny. I love the Ari Gold character (the things that come out of his mouth) and his dramatic gay assistant Lloyd. I like Drama too

Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,232,261 times
I'm another American who never really watched Seinfeld. Not everybody loved Raymond, either.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 AM

339 posts, read 2,206,835 times
Default Finished Watching Season 1 of Entourage...here's my thoughts

This has to be THE MOST overrated show I've ever seen. All the episodes have the same format: it begins with either that E guy waking up to Ari (who's messing around on a golf course) or Johnny Drama cooking breakfast for the guys. Vince continues to be clueless/doesn't listen to professionals and asks E to bail him out, the guys go to some random party and hook up with random celebrity cameos while showing off their fancy cars and wealth. That's really all there is to it. Oh, I forgot, that guy Turtle will continue to act like he's some important person and occasionally will make some wise crack comment prompting the other guys to say, "douche bag".

I really don't see why people think this show is so great. The acting is horrendous (especially Vince), and the show has completely unlikeable characters who are put in unrealistic situations. The only character I could possibly care about is E, since he's actually trying to do something to help out his friend. Vince is just another cocky starlet you see on the media (don't care about him), and Turtle and Drama are just freeloading off Vince's fame. Why should I care about some arrogant prick and his friends who have no lives of their own, and are irritating themselves? Plus, how many people are ever going to relate to the lives they have?

The only thing good about the show is that Jeremy Priven is great in his role as the aggressive agent that takes no crap from anyone, but to me overall Entourage is to men as Sex and the City is to women. Just as Sex and the City was a woman's dreamworld (being rich in one of the biggest cities in the world with a group of good friends), Entourage seems like a way for guys to escape reality and live in their fantasy (having worldwide status in a profile industry, being able to afford nice cars/houses and getting the hottest girls out there). I guess it's different strokes for different folks, but I prefer shows with realistic characters in realistic situations like Seinfeld, The King of Queens, maybe even Everybody Loves Raymond (who doesn't have meddlesome inlaws or know people who have troubles with their spouse's parents), but I that's just me.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,349,192 times
I think I posted this somewhere on here; but my teen son really liked this show. I'm not sure I've ever known anyone else who thought it was great. I did find the first season somewhat interesting, but that was about it. At least you gave it a shot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV