Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:05 AM

22,957 posts, read 28,386,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Agreed. The first scene seems to be the best, and they never seem to find their way back to that level again for the rest of the show. I still think they should replace the female lead - she has no appeal. I'll keep watching - see what happens.
I'm not sold on either the male or female lead yet, but it's hardly the fault of the actors. The writers need to give them something to work with, and so far, they just aren't. Why should we care about these characters? The writers need to give us a reason.

Watching last night's episode, I see what a bad influence CSI has been on TV. People just assume now that the FBI have "magic computers" that can find anyone, anywhere, at any time. Bah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,802,097 times
The father is just brilliant. The way he delivers his lines is just perfect!

I enjoyed last night, they 'wrapped up' the story in a sense. Instead of creating many unanswered questions, there was only one that tied into the main story line.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:52 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,017,936 times
The male and female leads are terrible. I dont buy either of their characters. They guy seems too young and geeky and the woman is just terribly mis-cast in her role. She looks more like a teacher or a girlfriend of a "Fast and Furious" car racing guy then some special agent. Terrible terrible casting with the exception of the father/doctor.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,759,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
And wouldn't ya' know it.... in JJ Abrams fashion!!!!!! And speaking of 'OZ (Alverez), the black agent also played the NARC in the series for, I think, one season.

Welcome To Massive Dynamic
Yes! Fell (pushed) down the elevator shaft wasn't he? Talk about guilty pleasures, I was a total 'Oz' junky. Just like 'Homicide' - neither ever got the respect they deserved. Sorry, I digress.

I thought 'Fringe' was pretty good. It kept me in my chair through both episodes. The story-line reminds me of a couple of medical thrillers by Teri Gerristen - out there, but not so far that it couldn't possibly be true.

The father is my favorite character too. John Noble is really good at playing 'creepy' dads: King Denethor from Lord of the Rings And, Blair Brown's character totally creeps me out. I love seeing 'older' actresses get work.

I just hope it doesn't get bogged down in too many 'patterns'. The last season of 'Lost' made my head hurt.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:23 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,714,646 times
I really like the lead actors! IMO, they're doing a great job. I like the dad too. He's a scene stealer. I'm sure the characters will be developed more fully over time. All in all, it's a good show that'll keep me watching....

Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,253,657 times
I don't see anything wrong with the lead actors either. Might be because I've been "dumbed down" by Poppy Montgomery (Without A Trace) and what's her name that plays Kaleigh in CSI:Miami? Love Dr. Dad.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,714,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the lead actors either. Might be because I've been "dumbed down" by Poppy Montgomery (Without A Trace) and what's her name that plays Kaleigh in CSI:Miami? Love Dr. Dad.
Funny that you mention Poppy Montgomery. The lead from Fringe really reminds me of her. "Dr. Dad" is hilarious. Loved the seat warmer scene...

Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,253,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Funny that you mention Poppy Montgomery. The lead from Fringe really reminds me of her. "Dr. Dad" is hilarious. Loved the seat warmer scene...
I think that's why I said that, love. She so reminds me of Poppy. Yeah, the seat warmer was hilarious! Even if I didn't care for the other actors, I'd watch just for Walter!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,337,489 times
I don't mind the lead female character. But the lead male, he needs to quit with the bad jokes. The writers need to change that character, because for me, it isn't working. i just want to slap the guy each time he says something stupid that he thinks is funny.

Im not into the characters as much, dont care for the psycho Dad. I just like the weird story lines. For some reason, i don't think this show will make it through one season.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,165,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
For some reason, i don't think this show will make it through one season.
After last night's episode - I have to agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV