Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 06:30 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,612,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
You're right, wealth may mean different things to different people. I think the NYC girls are in a league of their own when it comes to wealth. And let me add--Atlanta is very spread out....if they were THAT wealthy, they'd be living closer in town to all the action since they're social butterflies. Isn't Duluth, where one or two of them live, in Gwinnett County? It's not even the county that borders Fulton County, LOL....well, it does, but it's soooooooooo far out. It's like a person who wants to live in NYC but can't afford it has to move to the middle of PA or NY State just so they can live in a big enough house that's comparable to what's in Manhattan. Ya know?
yea, they cant because inner city homes are too far out of their price range. maybe they're fooln somebody out there! it sure isn't me....or you lol

Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Sheree use to live in the city limits of Atlanta. I don't think she does any more. None of the "ladies" live in the city limits.

They would not be living in the area of Atlanta where the old money live. They are all too declasse (but I love the show anyway)
Absolutely, Georgio! It's great to see the trainwrecks and catfights every week! Our wait isn't too much longer...gotta get through these NJ gals first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Sheree quit the line because ppl in Atl dont have the eye for fashion or the fashion mind. Or whatever it was that she said in an article.
At first, I was surprised to hear that, but then I wasn't. Sheree is an opportunist, just like other housewives. I bet she'll come out with a single too by 2012. And she'll proclaim to be better than all the singers who originated out of Atlanta, lol

Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Great minds think alike, Georgio...you're the real estate expert in ATL. Tell us where the REAL wealthy people live--I know it's not in Gwinnett!
It's not Gwinnett

30327 is the wealthiest zip code in Atlanta. That is also where the old money reside. It took a hit with the real estate market too but it's location is great in terms of large lots, great schools and proximity to Buckhead (where the ladies hang out a lot). It is also the zip code for the residence of the state of Georgia's Governor. He resides on West Paces Ferry Road. I once read that West Paces Ferry was originally comprised of only 7 plantations. OMG - Big Poppa lives on West Paces Ferry Road Here is his listing, he must be selling his house. Lee Najjar’s Atlanta Mega Mansion is For Sale!! « Homes of the Rich (http://homesoftherich.net/2009/10/lee-najjars-atlanta-mega-mansion-is-for-sale.html - broken link)

I saw that in the multiple listing service but didn't realize it was his.

My parents still live there. I refer to them as "The Chinese Beverly Hillbillies" The "Buckhead Betty's" would put all the RHWOATL to shame in their wealth and their support of charities (still laughing after watching Season 1 DeShawn put on a charity event. Even I have raised more money that she did for her event)

The McMansions are impressive but wayyyyyy far from all the activities that the ladies drive to for the show.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:49 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
At first, I was surprised to hear that, but then I wasn't. Sheree is an opportunist, just like other housewives. I bet she'll come out with a single too by 2012. And she'll proclaim to be better than all the singers who originated out of Atlanta, lol
Oh Gawd...I am just now getting over "Money Can't Buy You Class"

I hope Sheree is not "Tardy For the Party". (Sorry - I had to go there)

Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Sheree quit the line because ppl in Atl dont have the eye for fashion or the fashion mind. Or whatever it was that she said in an article.
If that was the case (I don't think it was) she should have launched her line in a place where fashion is much more prominent. LA, Miami, and didnt she have a meeting for her line in NYC, above all places? And if it didn't do well in those places, to me that speaks volumes. I think she needs to spend more time on her line mainly by learning, studying, and being around established fashion designers. I was so interested in seeing if her line would be a success but I guess it didnt. ATL not having an eye for fashion is no reason she should have given up. I see that as an excuse.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
If that was the case (I don't think it was) she should have launched her line in a place where fashion is much more prominent. LA, Miami, and didnt she have a meeting for her line in NYC, above all places? And if it didn't do well in those places, to me that speaks volumes. I think she needs to spend more time on her line mainly by learning, studying, and being around established fashion designers. I was so interested in seeing if her line would be a success but I guess it didnt. ATL not having an eye for fashion is no reason she should have given up. I see that as an excuse.
Exclusive: RHOA’s Sheree Putting Fashion On Hold « Honey Magazine

Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
Hey tay, don't give her credit for that line....remember, she didn't do anything with it--didn't she have someone doing the sketches and all the logistics of the designing in season one? All she did was tell the seamstress off over the phone and took the collection to NYC

Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Oh Gawd...I am just now getting over "Money Can't Buy You Class"

I hope Sheree is not "Tardy For the Party". (Sorry - I had to go there)
You are funny, Georgio! I can't believe I'm trippin'....I actually kinda like the way that line, "Money can't buy you class....elegance is learned", sounds....except the high shrill!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:33 AM

thanks for the link. i know its what she said but IMO she probably quit because it was too much "work" (that she didnt even do) and being a fashion designer requires much more than liking clothes lol.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Hey tay, don't give her credit for that line....remember, she didn't do anything with it--didn't she have someone doing the sketches and all the logistics of the designing in season one? All she did was tell the seamstress off over the phone and took the collection to NYC
yea that is tru. after the nyc meeting episode, i thought it had a chance to go somewhere, guess not. dont get me wrong, i wasnt a fan of hers or her line, i was just interested to see if it would bomb, and it did . she seems too lazy to pursue an actual career anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.