Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,158,595 times

Advertisements

loved the scene where Elliot holds up the little kitchen knife. Walter says "if thats the way you want to go, You'll need a bigger knife"

After all Walts been through, that little knife was a joke to him!

Couldn't have picked a better song for the ending... first line of the song "Baby Blue"..."Guess I got what I deserved"....perfect

Last edited by slowesthand; 09-30-2013 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: added song
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 09:44 AM

8,758 posts, read 9,491,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yea he totally was!
I've never wanted to see someone die as bad as i wanted to see Todd die.

Jesse is a very damage young man.
He's going to need 5 years of therapy just to cope with what happen to Andrea

Agree!
I wish the ending was different.
I would like to have saw Walt survive,get arrested and go to jail.
The Closing would have been Walt walking Thru Prison getting a hero's welcome from Fellow Prisoners
In my mind, this what really happened. I watched "Talking Dead after waiting to hear the creator say the words Walt was dead, seems he kind of talked around those actual words. I never really heard him say that Walt died, only that it was an end to this sequence, though I may have missed it at some point.

So in my imaginary world, I'm holding out for another finale year or two down the line or at the very least a big screen movie to top this off. Well I can dream.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,702,049 times
To use some of Jesse's words, WW was a lying, evil, manipulative, scumbag. I remember how he smirked after pouring drink after drink for Flynn until he vomited in the pool. He was a narcissistic sociopath who was responsible for many deaths and much human misery, and I was curious how the writers would arrive at a fitting demise, one that would satisfy most viewers.

Then Gilligan had to go and portray him as such a sympathetic character in the final episode. He walked and talked slowly, and his menacing demeanor was absent, save for the terror he served up for the Schwartz couple. Those two probably will not sleep very well until Flynn turns 18 and the money is in his bank account. Yes, there was that incident with Jack, too.

I found myself empathizing with Walt in those final moments as he surveyed the equipment in the lab. I was sad for him, and found myself missing him before he was even gone. RIP Mr. White.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 AM

850 posts, read 1,029,339 times
Just a small thing but I cracked up at how similar Elliot and Gretchen looked and it reminded me about some tv shows that had pets and their owners looking alike.

I was also wondering if things could really go off the rails and Skylar ended up killing Marie - or the reverse.

All in all, this finale was worthy.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:55 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,696,536 times
Lol at the nazis having tens of millions of dollars and having an el camino on the compound. BMW, hell no, el camino, its a truck and a car.
Jesse rode off into the sunset...in an el camino

Can't wait on Better call Saul

Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM

I thought it was smart/disciplined of the gang to lay relatively low with the cash - both from "acquiring" the business from Declan and the black White barrels. I would have enjoyed seeing the back story of where the money was stashed and how it was going to be split/shared out.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,564,608 times
Since most of the action and consequences of the finale were predicted by users of this forum, there were, for me, few surprises. The only major "I don't think anyone thought of that (including me)" scene was Walt's scheme to have the "Blacks" distribute the funds to Walt Jr. It also allowed a final cameo of Jesse's posse buddies........

Old 09-30-2013, 11:10 AM

8,758 posts, read 9,491,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Since most of the action and consequences of the finale were predicted by users of this forum, there were, for me, few surprises. The only major "I don't think anyone thought of that (including me)" scene was Walt's scheme to have the "Blacks" distribute the funds to Walt Jr. It also allowed a final cameo of Jesse's posse buddies........
Loved that, it brought me back to the feel good humor that made like the show so much in the beginning. It's always been dark, but it had quite of bit of humor to balance it early on. No matter, still one of the best things I'm happy to have had a chance to watch even if I watched it all in less than one week

Old 09-30-2013, 11:13 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,696,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
I thought it was smart/disciplined of the gang to lay relatively low with the cash - both from "acquiring" the business from Declan and the black White barrels. I would have enjoyed seeing the back story of where the money was stashed and how it was going to be split/shared out.
They seemed like they had a lot of experience.

Black White barrels that’s interesting, would never have caught that.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM

TRosa, I seem to enjoy tv series more when I "marathon" them. I forget a lot of the details during the off seasons and while the "previously on..." snippets help, it's not the same. I thought using the posse was perfect - they can handle "when I make the signal, shine the lasers on the 2 people." And they are probably too dumb/passive to try and go back for more from Elliot/Gretchen.

I laughed that Walt said he hired 2 hitmen at $100k each but it looked like he gave each chucklehead $10k. (100 x $100)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV