Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 03:48 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,230,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

Yes, I noticed the difference in Rutina Wesley's delivery. I thought it was just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
It's definitely not you because I said to myself she almost sounds zombie-like. I just figured she might be a wee bit brain damaged, considering half her head was blown off. When Jessica was turned she didn't act the way Tara does.
I recall her, in earlier seasons, more lively ... now it seems she's just angry that she's on this show and can't quit because she has nothing else lined up, that's what it seems like to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post
The actress that plays Jessica is a better actress than the one that plays Tara.

IMHO of course.
Quote:
Very much so. Too bad the show isnt about Jessica. She's a more compelling character...
Jessica has definitely improved, I really did not like the character when she changed. She does have a certain presence, also quite a beauty, I think.

Forgot to mention two points: A. They killed that vamp council kid! B. What a bummer that that's all they showed of Alcide near the end ... :[
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,387,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
Sookie attracts the men because of the fairy blood. I think she is supposed to look like a small town waitress not all Hollywood glammed up.
Sam and Alcide aren't vampires and they have/are trying to make moves on her.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,287,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Sam and Alcide aren't vampires and they have/are trying to make moves on her.

If Sookie were in a large city, like LA, no she wouldn't be considered attractive. But in a small hick town like Bon Temps? She's the hottest thing smoking. Personally, I think that Tara is more attractive face-wise. Both have great bodies.

But both have horrible personalities. And we are dealing with men here, so......

Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 AM

8,081 posts, read 4,759,925 times
I think Arlene trumps Sookie and Tara. Just as pretty, and a sweet (if a bit "nervous") personality makes her more attractive. Pam is the most conventionally attractive but intimidating! Jessica is a good-hearted person and all (Bill, you DID do a good job!), but she's got too much "loose cannon" potential. So if I swung that way, I'd probably be more inclined toward Arlene, though being with her would basically guarantee I'd never get a decent storyline.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,255,389 times
Quote:
Yes!

I adore her so much, I'm checking babyvamp-jessica.com after TB airs.
I had no idea! I just took a quick look at it...she is too much! When she started on the show she was kindy of plain and boring. Over the last 2 seasons she has changed so much. I think she is just stunning!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,995,135 times
Quote:
Very much so. Too bad the show isnt about Jessica. She's a more compelling character...
It's probably my having a problem separating the actor from the role, but up until recently I had always thought Jessica's character shallow and not needed, where I have found Tara sometimes insightful and more level headed and admirable than most of the female characters.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,255,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I recall her, in earlier seasons, more lively ... now it seems she's just angry that she's on this show and can't quit because she has nothing else lined up, that's what it seems like to me.

Jessica has definitely improved, I really did not like the character when she changed. She does have a certain presence, also quite a beauty, I think.

Forgot to mention two points: A. They killed that vamp council kid! B. What a bummer that that's all they showed of Alcide near the end ... :[
A. I'm glad they got rid of that kid. I found him annoying when he spoke.

B. I'd rather see less of Alcide with Sookie anyway. How he's fallen for her is beyond me. I like the "Bill and Sookie" days better (especially the way Bill would say, "Soookie" lol)

Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,779,794 times
It really does seem like there is a new team every season. I prefer the first team because they didn't pull punches and romanticize the vamps. The humans were shown flaws and all. It seems tooo muddy now with every edge softened to make everyone sympathetic. Screw that. The intense and stark realities were more compelling.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,031,368 times
You can watch True Blood online at http://www.TVwarehouse.net

Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,387,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
It really does seem like there is a new team every season. I prefer the first team because they didn't pull punches and romanticize the vamps. The humans were shown flaws and all. It seems tooo muddy now with every edge softened to make everyone sympathetic. Screw that. The intense and stark realities were more compelling.
It's going to be difficult to top the first season because it was so new to people who haven't read the books, like myself. Now that we've seen the True Blood universe for four years, the novelty has worn off and the writers need to work on better stories rather than merely introducing viewers to interesting aspects of an alternate world where vampires live openly amongst us as they did in season one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV