Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,738,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
It's going to be difficult to top the first season because it was so new to people who haven't read the books, like myself. Now that we've seen the True Blood universe for four years, the novelty has worn off and the writers need to work on better stories rather than merely introducing viewers to interesting aspects of an alternate world where vampires live openly amongst us as they did in season one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,469 times
Honestly I tried to watch the first episode this current season and it was so boring and uninteresting that I turned it off. I LOVED true blood the first three seasons. But since the third season, I feel like the show has changed and is no longer as good. Last season just wasn't that good to me. This season(based on the first episode) doesn't seem that good to me. I feel like something is happening to the show, but with each season it's getting worse IMO. I will try to stick with this season and watch another episode, but I'm feeling disappointed so far.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:20 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times
I agree with so many people in here. The first few seasons were so interesting, I couldn't look away. The story lines were so simple, as well as the characters that we cared about. Now, there are SO many different side stories going on, its like watching a bunch of snippets of different shows all at the same time.

This is shaping up to be the least interesting season so far....

Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I agree with so many people in here. The first few seasons were so interesting, I couldn't look away. The story lines were so simple, as well as the characters that we cared about. Now, there are SO many different side stories going on, its like watching a bunch of snippets of different shows all at the same time.

This is shaping up to be the least interesting season so far....
I agree. It seems like this is what happens when shows are on the air for too many seasons(the same thing happened with House) with each season they just get worse. I think the writers are running out of interesting ideas.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:46 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,759,495 times
I'll have to admit, I'm willing to give them some leeway to set things up, but this is getting ridiculous at this point. This season is a bust so far. Hopefully there is a payoff.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,803 times
Last night's episode (7/8/12) wasn't bad. Tara was looking hot as a Fangtasia bartender! I like how her and Jessica were bonding, even though they fought later. Hopefully they'll work it out and realize it was a misunderstanding. I think Tara will ultimately come to love her new vampire existence. It was also good that the episode showed more of Russell, I like any scene with him in it.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times
Yeah, I'm hoping we get more Russell too. He's got to die next episode though, otherwise Bill and Eric are screwed.

And though last night's episode was probably the best so far (1 out of 3 isn't saying much), I'm still kinda frustrated with it. The episodes don't "flow."

In clumps of 2 to 3 minute segments, we jump from the Russell hunting team (Sooki, eric, Bill, Alcide), to Tara and her struggles as a new vamp, to Terry and his old Army unit buddies in their fight against the fire monster, to the Authority, to Sam and his shifter friends/supernatural hillbilly hit squad, to Lafayette and his demons, and sprinkles of Jason and Andy doing cop work and drinking at a fairy bar.

I'm kind've beating a dead horse here, but what happened to the good ol' days when 80% of the show took place in and around Bon Temps?

Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,803 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm hoping we get more Russell too. He's got to die next episode though, otherwise Bill and Eric are screwed.

And though last night's episode was probably the best so far (1 out of 3 isn't saying much), I'm still kinda frustrated with it. The episodes don't "flow."

In clumps of 2 to 3 minute segments
, we jump from the Russell hunting team (Sooki, eric, Bill, Alcide), to Tara and her struggles as a new vamp, to Terry and his old Army unit buddies in their fight against the fire monster, to the Authority, to Sam and his shifter friends/supernatural hillbilly hit squad, to Lafayette and his demons, and sprinkles of Jason and Andy doing cop work and drinking at a fairy bar.

I'm kind've beating a dead horse here, but what happened to the good ol' days when 80% of the show took place in and around Bon Temps?
True Blood really is a soap opera in that respect. The Tara and Jessica story arcs are beginning to converge. I think all the story lines will eventually merge, sans Terry's, which has nothing to do with the others. I wonder if Tara will glamor Jason and seduce him since she used to have a crush on him, if you recall that from season one?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,231,782 times
Quote:

In clumps of 2 to 3 minute segments, we jump from the Russell hunting team (Sooki, eric, Bill, Alcide), to Tara and her struggles as a new vamp, to Terry and his old Army unit buddies in their fight against the fire monster, to the Authority, to Sam and his shifter friends/supernatural hillbilly hit squad, to Lafayette and his demons, and sprinkles of Jason and Andy doing cop work and drinking at a fairy bar.

I was enjoying last night's episode until the Terry scenes. I really don't get the point of it unless they're just trying to write in another supernatural monster but if it was in Bon Temps, maybe it would've made a little more sense (considering Bon Temps is plagued with the supernatural). But I have to agree, the whole skipping scenes at the end made my head spin. What was up with Lafayette's mother seeing Jesus's head??

I don't think they will kill Russell because it seems like an awful lot of leg work to heal him and find him only to kill him. They won't kill off Eric and Bill otherwise the show is pretty much over and I see no reason for me to watch it. I don't think Nora had anything to do with it. My hunch is Salome. She seemed a little nervous last night when she was talking to Roman.

Sookie throwing up on Alcide's shoes made my night lol

Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 AM

461 posts, read 911,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Last night's episode (7/8/12) wasn't bad. Tara was looking hot as a Fangtasia bartender! I like how her and Jessica were bonding, even though they fought later. Hopefully they'll work it out and realize it was a misunderstanding. I think Tara will ultimately come to love her new vampire existence. It was also good that the episode showed more of Russell, I like any scene with him in it.
Jessica's latest "vlog" was cute.
True Blood - Babyvamp Jessica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV