Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 PM

7,372 posts, read 5,488,300 times

Advertisements

Loved the finale! I never saw so many vampires explode before! The ending with Bill...now I can't wait until next season to see what happens there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,778,039 times
That was the best episode. Best finale and best episode. I'm feeling sorry for Bill because he's gone round the bend and destroyed himself and then HOLY CRAP! And Pam and Tara!!!! I thought it was a lovely heart warming surrogate mother kinda thing and then HOLY CRAP!! Jess was so right! Oh and the babies were so cute! He'll have his hands full with that!

Last edited by Ticatica; 08-27-2012 at 12:49 AM..

Old 08-27-2012, 04:53 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Well, as someone predicted, we had quite the goo-fest last night. I'm surprised they killed off Russell. A bit unclear if he was done in by the fairies in a delayed reaction or if Eric did the deed or a bit of both.

Interesting how much Bill looked like a stereotypical devil all red like that.

What happened to Sam and Luna? Last we saw she was keeling over after skin walking. Pretty good plan they had.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,935,956 times
maybe it's just me but I thought not only this episode but the season as a whole pretty much sucked-

They tried to go in too many directions and it felt like a big circus

Old 08-27-2012, 06:26 AM

299 posts, read 255,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
maybe it's just me but I thought not only this episode but the season as a whole pretty much sucked-

They tried to go in too many directions and it felt like a big circus
Yeah, I felt pretty much the same way. It appeared that too many storylines were resolved too quickly (Eric/Russell, Alcide/JD) plus they never really explained how Sam, Luna and the daugher got out of the Vampire Authority. And Warlow was never mentioned at all.

I hope in the future they reduce the number of storylines.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Just as many of you suspected, no Warlow sightings. And now we've got to wait to see what "Billith" is. Last night's speech by bill at the end showed that he is indeed "too far gone," and the warm, friendly, mainstreaming Bill Compton seems to be gone forever. Eric is the new Bill. lol.

I do agree that they did waaaaay too much this season. Looking back on it, Terry's "black smoke monster" storyline was nothing more than a waste of time and used as filler by the producers.

Lafayette may be in the top 5 funniest tv characters of all time...

Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,384,770 times
Not sure what to make of the finale. I was also surprised that Russell died so early in the episode. This season was dense in the sense that it all occurred in about a week, though to us it seemed longer. Tara and Pam apparently fell in love in about a week. Bill became a religious zealot in a week. Alcide became pack master in a week and reconciled with his dad. If I'm wrong about the time line and I misinterpreted something, correct me someone. They was pretty cool how Sam killed that vampire lady with the southern accent!

Overall the season was mediocre. I'll still watch the show with the hope that next season will improve. Tara and Pam have the potential to make for some good plots. I hope the writers use them more next year.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,558,468 times
RIP Russell Edgington.

True Blood-S03E09-Russell on TV! - YouTube
He deserved an Emmy for that rant

Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
It was a bit inconsistent , how out of no where bill became a cult person. I felt there was no leading up or like backstory , he just became crazy in 4 esipodes . I felt bad for him when I thought he died but Billith resurrected .. Lookin back I forgot they called Maryann Lilith in season 2.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,160,835 times
Wow.Well there goes Russell. I'm bummed, he was such a great character, but it kinda had to happen. Denis O'Hare is an amazing actor!

It was nice to see Sookie back fighting the good fight, like old times. lol

I'd love to see also what happened to Sam, Luna and Luna's daughter.

Pam and Tara....!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV