Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 05:30 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,641,690 times

Advertisements

ugh. Now I'm to season two. I can't deal with all the MaryAnne stuff, but I want to see the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,782,314 times
That Yukuza dude with the Texan accent is mad hot! jus sayin'.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
That Yukuza dude with the Texan accent is mad hot! jus sayin'.
I was glad to see he kept to his word. I thought he was going to abandon Eric and Pam!

Sookie and Bill are back together - yay!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,782,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I was glad to see he kept to his word. I thought he was going to abandon Eric and Pam!

Sookie and Bill are back together - yay!
I was glad they waited but I wasn't happy to see Sookie and Bill get together. And I could do without the tongue closeups.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,889,959 times
It's been a while since I've read the books but there is something that has been bothering me about how the tv show has changed one of the characters from the book. That character being Sookie's fairy relative Niall. If I remember correctly in the book he's described as being very attractive, sophisticated, and dignified. On the show he seems to be very unkempt, disheveled, and just looks like a dirty old man. Nothing royal about him. I can't help but feel I must have read the character completely wrong because he seems to be the exact opposite on the show.

Am I wrong? Can someone who also read the books please remind me of how the character is in the book and if it's different from the show. I know that many of the characters are different from what they are in the book but this one just seems to be a polar opposite.

Other than that I really didn't care for last night's episode. Too much focus on Andy and his fairy daughter who I don't care about. Bill's flashbacks are not interesting. I feel like we've already seen enough of his past from previous seasons. Sam's indecision about leaving Bon Temps just seems crazy. How could he just walk away from his child just so he can stay in a miserable town like Bon Temps.

The only thing I enjoyed about last night's episode was Arlene and that vampire who likes her. Other than that I'm just about ready to see this show end.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:35 PM

In the books, Niall looked angelic, almost blinding. It would be hard to replicate. All the fae appeared to humans (or whoever they were with) to their standard of attractiveness. IIRC, they would all be ugly to us in their real form, like many we saw when she was on that fairy plane in the show.

They could impersonate others as well. One of Nail's sons appeared to Adele to be her husband.

Some of Bill's flashbacks have been sort of interesting. Like seeing the ancestors of people we know, but yeah the rest - IDK what that is about except for showing what a good person he was.

I'm glad the hunt for Sarah won't drag on - they have her exact location.

I think that plot-line is fun.

The whole scene with Nail was worthless.

'I don't like him for you, so I let you kill him'

What an a-hole.

I guess I'm in the minority still being team Bill, but who else is there?

I understand Sam's indecision.

He made deep, deep roots. It's not easy to pick up and just leave, even if your gf is pregnant.

I thought I didn't like the Adleline plot either, but the show was really good overall, and it was ****ty for a while, so it didn't bother me. And it didn't take up a lot of time.

Love Hoyt being back! I wish he knew Jason is his best friend. Jason is such a d--- tho - attracted to Hoyt's gf!

The Arlene/Vamp thing is AWESOME, but they can't have sex? What?

I guess if they make a cure, that will change, but I thought it was blood-born.

I think it is and they just made that up to make him super-awesome and irresistible to her.

The Sookie/Bill sex with that Hep-V running all over him was GROSS.

But Hep-V is what got them back together, so whatever.

Only three more! boo hoo!

Old 08-04-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Bill had said before that all traces of Billith were gone and he was back to his old self again, but who knows. They also said Jessica was a perpetual virgin and tossed that one aside for convenience along with a dozen other "facts" from the shows world we have learned over the years.
They didn't toss it aside. In the prison she told James 'It will seem like I'm a virgin, but I'm not'.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:45 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I was glad they waited but I wasn't happy to see Sookie and Bill get together. And I could do without the tongue closeups.
Am I an episode behind? I didn't see Bill and Sookie kiss. I saw Sookie found out she has Hep V, and whatshername is the antidote?

Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Am I an episode behind? I didn't see Bill and Sookie kiss. I saw Sookie found out she has Hep V, and whatshername is the antidote?
You are lucky to be an episode behind - you get to watch a new one!

(and stop reading, lol ;-)

Old 08-04-2014, 04:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You are lucky to be an episode behind - you get to watch a new one!

(and stop reading, lol ;-)
Thanks! I thought I was caught up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV