Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 04:35 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,883,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
In the books, Niall looked angelic, almost blinding. It would be hard to replicate. All the fae appeared to humans (or whoever they were with) to their standard of attractiveness. IIRC, they would all be ugly to us in their real form, like many we saw when she was on that fairy plane in the show.

They could impersonate others as well. One of Nail's sons appeared to Adele to be her husband.

Some of Bill's flashbacks have been sort of interesting. Like seeing the ancestors of people we know, but yeah the rest - IDK what that is about except for showing what a good person he was.

I'm glad the hunt for Sarah won't drag on - they have her exact location.

I think that plot-line is fun.

The whole scene with Nail was worthless.

'I don't like him for you, so I let you kill him'

What an a-hole.

I guess I'm in the minority still being team Bill, but who else is there?

I understand Sam's indecision.

He made deep, deep roots. It's not easy to pick up and just leave, even if your gf is pregnant.

I thought I didn't like the Adleline plot either, but the show was really good overall, and it was ****ty for a while, so it didn't bother me. And it didn't take up a lot of time.

Love Hoyt being back! I wish he knew Jason is his best friend. Jason is such a d--- tho - attracted to Hoyt's gf!

The Arlene/Vamp thing is AWESOME, but they can't have sex? What?

I guess if they make a cure, that will change, but I thought it was blood-born.

I think it is and they just made that up to make him super-awesome and irresistible to her.

The Sookie/Bill sex with that Hep-V running all over him was GROSS.

But Hep-V is what got them back together, so whatever.

Only three more! boo hoo!
I get that it's hard to replicate but it's like they didn't even try. The actor is all wrong for that role. I went back and looked and the book describes him as elegant and handsome with long pale gold hair. I just don't see it at all with the character in the tv show. I guess it's not a big deal but just a small annoyance. Makes me dislike the character and I actually liked him in the book.

I'll never be able to understand how Sam could even think to not be a part of his child's life in order to stay in Bon Temps. Would any parent really make that choice? Sam has always come across as a caring man and would do anything for anyone so this just seems out of character for him. I would think Sam would do anything and everything to be with his child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,624,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I get that it's hard to replicate but it's like they didn't even try. The actor is all wrong for that role. I went back and looked and the book describes him as elegant and handsome with long pale gold hair. I just don't see it at all with the character in the tv show. I guess it's not a big deal but just a small annoyance. Makes me dislike the character and I actually liked him in the book.

I'll never be able to understand how Sam could even think to not be a part of his child's life in order to stay in Bon Temps. Would any parent really make that choice? Sam has always come across as a caring man and would do anything for anyone so this just seems out of character for him. I would think Sam would do anything and everything to be with his child.
Yes, but she sprung it on him and ran off. It's not like she sat him down and explained why she wanted to leave, talk about where they would go, etc.

He wants her to be there with him - it's like a little stand-off, which is normal. He will go. He doesn't even own the bar anymore, Terry is dead, Nicole and the baby are all he has. And the show is ending, so it doesn't matter for the audience if he is gone.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 PM

Watching again. Pretty stupid to think the kids went to OK on foot, lol. Wade's father's truck was still there. The whole going to the lake thing was dumb.

I hope Jessica rescues them, but IDK how. Violet is ancient and Jess is a baby.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 11,597,081 times
Did I hear the doctor lady say that Hep-v Could not be transmitted sexually or was I hallucinating?
Jason is a dog and poor, poor Friend!
The fairy grandfather showing up for a free meal, was useless and not needed imo.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Did I hear the doctor lady say that Hep-v Could not be transmitted sexually or was I hallucinating?
Jason is a dog and poor, poor Friend!
The fairy grandfather showing up for a free meal, was useless and not needed imo.
She didn't say that. And agreed about Niahl.

But it's funny that she was 'afraid of nothing and no one' EXCEPT Naihl lol.

Also him going with Sookie, supposedly to try and heal Bill, and then to use that to show YET another Bill flashback? To his baby being born?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Either this forum is slower than it used to be, or True Blood lost a lot of fans.

If it's the latter, I wonder what season the viewers dropped off?

I don't remember what season 5 was like, but 6 really annoyed me. It was a GOOD plot, imo.

The humans with their technology against the Vamps and the war and all that. But they kept breaking rules and being inconsistant. If other things bothered me, I don't remember.

Oh, season 5 was the stupid Vampire Deity thing. Horrible.

It looked good from the previews - Christopher Meloni and a bunch of other Vamps coming to war with BT Vamps, but bleh. Very stupid. Maybe lost a lot of people that season.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:30 PM

9,154 posts, read 14,806,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
They didn't toss it aside. In the prison she told James 'It will seem like I'm a virgin, but I'm not'.

But they have showed her plenty of times seeming enjoying herself with no pain, whereas initially, it was like she could never do it without pain.

At any rate, not to get bogged down in the one specific situation. The writers have plenty of other issues they have just written around for convenience when it would not have been that difficult to have done it the right way.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
But they have showed her plenty of times seeming enjoying herself with no pain, whereas initially, it was like she could never do it without pain.

At any rate, not to get bogged down in the one specific situation. The writers have plenty of other issues they have just written around for convenience when it would not have been that difficult to have done it the right way.
I'm sure it's something she just got used to. And it would be stupid to mention it everytime she has sex.

Plus, don't Vampires get stronger?

They seem to have a high tolerance for regular pain - just not things that are their weaknesses like silver or whatever.

But yes, I know what you mean. Season 6 was annoying due to throwing out SO many rules and being inconsistent with things that occurred before.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:10 AM

Started Season Three. Love the debut of Russell Edgington. I won't like the witches, but I do love when Eric gets put under a spell.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:00 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,883,564 times
Violet's death was kind of anti climatic for me. For such a bad ass she went down rather quickly and by such a doofus. I at least wanted to see her have some fun killing at least one of them. All that build up for her to be shot by Hoyt seemed pointless.

I also didn't care about Bill refusing the cure. After all those flashbacks he's become rather annoying.

What I did love about tonight's show was Tara and her mother finding some closure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV