Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 12:16 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,143,563 times

Advertisements

why do you suppose so much focus on marianee and the drama about eliminating sam----not at all like the books---bring on the werewolves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,285,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
why do you suppose so much focus on marianee and the drama about eliminating sam----not at all like the books---bring on the werewolves!
Yeah, Marianne can't be going to all this trouble just because Sam stole the money.
IMO - The preacher's wife is going to play some role in saving Jason and perhaps Sookie. Her resentment towards her husband has been building because he's not treating her as an equal in decision making.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:10 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,281,005 times
I think Maryanne is an excuse for lots of sex

Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM

Maryanne's character is true to the Greek mythological characters she portrays. A little research will give you answer as to why she's after Sam. Not having read the books, I couldn't resist. LOL

Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,586,342 times
[quote=tigerlily;10040359]Yeah, Marianne can't be going to all this trouble just because Sam stole the money.
IMO - The preacher's wife is going to play some role in saving Jason and perhaps Sookie. Her resentment towards her husband has been building because he's not treating her as an equal in decision making.[/quote]

Yeah, she may end up helping them. But I want her to be turned lol!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I think Maryanne is an excuse for lots of sex

HAHA, Sexmother lol

Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 PM

[quote=skywatcher75;10046831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Yeah, Marianne can't be going to all this trouble just because Sam stole the money.
IMO - The preacher's wife is going to play some role in saving Jason and perhaps Sookie. Her resentment towards her husband has been building because he's not treating her as an equal in decision making.[/quote]

Who would want to be her maker? LOL

Old 08-01-2009, 01:02 AM

[quote=tigerlily;10048091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
Who would want to be her maker? LOL
Hmm...The head vampire chick in Dallas with the dark hair lol!

Or, Eric. Have her excited and scared at the same time, she'll forget all about Jason Stackhouse heheehe~!

Old 08-01-2009, 12:50 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,281,005 times
Ok tigerlily I went looking for a reason why a Maenad would want a dog but couldn't find one. Or Maryanne a shapeshifter. I did a little reading on green mythology and the pig just doesn't fit in anywhere. I did find this on a forum which is pretty interesting reading

so Tigerlily - give!

By ray on July 20, 2009 9:56 PM

I think there is a greek god theme going on here, doubt there is just one, with mythological creatures running all around .

Maryann is the god Pan, she was the creature that attacked Sookie. Pan, like Dionysus( the god of wine) could cause all those things, but the part is more like Pan. The creature looked just like Pan.

Don't think Carl is the pig since he was in one scene pouring soup or something when Andy noticed the pig. Daphne may be the pig. Eggs my be a Satyr, they follow Pan around, like the maenads.

Sarah is Aphrodite Pandemos the lusty one( Aphrodite had two sides, there were two of them) as was Amy her sister and Aphrodite Urania, spiritual one. Remember Sarah said her sister "Amber" (Amy) got hooked on V, and Amy wore a necklace with a dove on it which is a symbol for Aphrodite. Sarah was also a vegan like Amy.

Daphne is either a water nymph, a maenad, or a wereanimal of some sort, but is somehow connected to Maryann, due to the scratch marks on her back.I think Maryann is collecting them.

Tara is either the goddess Hera ( the picture over her bed in while she was staying in Maryann clients house was Hera)or the goddess Demeter, and does not know it. Remember how Jason saw her when he was on V pouring water with a crown of ivy on her head, a lot of hints to say she is if you watch close.

Jason may be Adonis, who was a lover of Aphrodite. I think he is to dumb to be Apollo. Sarah's husband may be Ares the god of war, he had a lot of guns and hates vamps. If Alan Ball is trying to stay some what close to actual history/mythology, Aphrodite had Ares and Adonis as lovers.

Arlene may be a witch ( like Daphne called her in Merlottes, when everyone was picking on Tara) or she is a Banchee, because she is always crying.

Sookie may be the goddess Psyche, play on words.

Anyway, that is just my thoughts on it.I may be wrong, but it sure is fun trying to figure it out.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:28 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,678,624 times
[quote=skywatcher75;10046831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post

Yeah--she is all about lending a "helping hand" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV