Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,833,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I'm in agreement with everyone - last night's episode was off the hook. I especially loved the church scene when Sookie brushes off Bill to run to Eric's side and save him from those nasty silver chains. Also when Eric leans in close to Sookie to say, "trust me" in her ear... yum! How cool is Godric putting Lorena in a choke hold - love him! So, looks like Luke goes boom next week - too bad Maryann wasn't standing next to him!
Bet the bomb doesn't go off. Just guessing. If you notice how Godric handles the situations ... he just tells them that HE won't kill them, but he makes sure to let them know that they need to get as far away as possible from area 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,404,645 times
I read 7 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and enjoyed most of them.

The series is quite close to the books (I only watched the first season, though). Of course they have to add something here and drop something there but all in all it's quite nice to watch.

Anyhoo', the cast just dissapointed me. I didn't think they would show a handsome bill but I definitely expected a way better hunk as Eric. Sam is quite cute though. Pam is nice but also not like in the books.

I guess I need to see the other seasons to know if it gets better.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,674,073 times
this is a show that we cannot wait until the next episode! boy, I hate maryann!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,644,904 times
My wife and I have been big fans, but I think this year it's less interesting because of all the different types of creatures. They definitely jumped the shark with the zombie orgies.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,164,125 times
I just started watching this show so my only references are the second season, but I have to say that I thought the last episode was hilarious. I loved the crazy preacher and his wife cursing (VERY un-Christianlike!) and when Jason shot the preacher in between the eyes with the paint gun, I nearly peed my pants. What's funny is that from the previews next week, the preacher and his wife are on tv being accused by another vampire of being a terrorist organization and the preacher has a big bruise right in the middle of his forehead. As fast as the vampires move, it shouldn't be a surprise when someone (maybe Godric) stops the crazy Christian dude from pushing the button on his suicide vest. Awesome.

What will be interesting is when Bill and Sookie get back to town and see crazy Maryanne in her house and when Sam can tell Sookie that Maryanne turns into a bull/ox...Sookie will put 2&2 together and it will be vamps versus "gods" and all of the crazy townspeople with black eyes.

I gotta get the 1st season. Is there a way to watch it on line or do I have to find the DVD?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,139,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Anyhoo', the cast just dissapointed me. I didn't think they would show a handsome bill but I definitely expected a way better hunk as Eric. Sam is quite cute though. Pam is nice but also not like in the books.
Really? You don't find Eric attractive??? I think he's smoking hot.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,584,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I agree Eric isn't all that attractive. Maybe if they show him shirtless I may change my mind

Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,584,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I just started watching this show so my only references are the second season, but I have to say that I thought the last episode was hilarious. I loved the crazy preacher and his wife cursing (VERY un-Christianlike!) and when Jason shot the preacher in between the eyes with the paint gun, I nearly peed my pants. What's funny is that from the previews next week, the preacher and his wife are on tv being accused by another vampire of being a terrorist organization and the preacher has a big bruise right in the middle of his forehead. As fast as the vampires move, it shouldn't be a surprise when someone (maybe Godric) stops the crazy Christian dude from pushing the button on his suicide vest. Awesome.

What will be interesting is when Bill and Sookie get back to town and see crazy Maryanne in her house and when Sam can tell Sookie that Maryanne turns into a bull/ox...Sookie will put 2&2 together and it will be vamps versus "gods" and all of the crazy townspeople with black eyes.

I gotta get the 1st season. Is there a way to watch it on line or do I have to find the DVD?
That was hilarious!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:15 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,404,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
No, he's definitely not my cup of tea. Even Jason looks more like a baby than the hunk he is in the books.
But I will wait for the next seasons to be released over here nevertheless.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,266,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
No, he's definitely not my cup of tea. Even Jason looks more like a baby than the hunk he is in the books.
But I will wait for the next seasons to be released over here nevertheless.
I agree - he doesn't do much for me either. Some of his more fashionized stuff on you tube looks pretty good but he's not good looking, viking, cold or charming enough for Eric. I'm not saying he's bad..just not all that.

Someone with a similar look who's much much hotter - though I don't know if he could carry the role - is the guy that played Samatha's boyfriend on Sex and the City.

YouTube - Sexual Therapy with Jason Lewis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV