Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 AM

168 posts, read 788,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I don't think Bill would have killed Sam. I also agree that Sookie hasn't been very likable lately, but I guess under the circumstances none of us would be either. But, I felt so bad for Bill!

Poor Tara. Her mom screws up her life and then won't help her when she needs it. Any guess about who or what the woman is? Without spoilers from the book???

I'm right there with ya.

I'm pretty sure the woman is the woman she nearly missed hitting the night before. (At the end, I rewinded it to the beginning to see the woman again -ha) What she is, I do not know, but the scenes from next week definitely seem like Tara is in over her head.

I hate Andy. I hated when Jason was getting interogated and he was so mean - I know it's his job, but man, what an a**.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 12:02 AM

726 posts, read 2,271,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I understand that she probably never had a relationship before, but she sure is acting like an immature child. I can't believe she figured that Bill had a choice in the matter of his trial. I also can't believe that she expects all of her friends to share every intimate secret with her, when she is so close lipped herself. I hope her attitude matures as the series continues.

Is anyone else thinking that they wouldn't go home with a strange woman, even if she did bail you out of jail? According to the previews for next week, it looks like Tara might just regret that decision.
More like a nuisance....lol !! She acts like shes on pms all the time.
I hate how she was giving Sam the cold shoulder all the time, and after she finds out that he is messing with Tara,
thats when she wants to get close with him !! Why do that to your friend ?
Thats being selfish and needy.

I've tried to like her, but her attitude is so annoying...lol.

I guess Tara had no choice, but to go home with that woman.
Her mom kicked her out, she didn't want her friends to see her and the jail was far from town.
I would've taken the ride, but not stay at her house. That huge house looks like a brothel, who knows what she might make Tara do

Old 11-19-2008, 12:05 AM

726 posts, read 2,271,009 times
Quote:
I don't think Bill would have killed Sam. I also agree that Sookie hasn't been very likable lately, but I guess under the circumstances none of us would be either. But, I felt so bad for Bill!

Poor Tara. Her mom screws up her life and then won't help her when she needs it. Any guess about who or what the woman is? Without spoilers from the book???
I know, poor Bill. He did some terrible things just for her, and she shuts the door on his face. He was only gone for 2 days

Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 AM

23,509 posts, read 44,182,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
I know, poor Bill. He did some terrible things just for her, and she shuts the door on his face. He was only gone for 2 days
Yes, Sookie has a remarkable penchant for 'moving on'...I still can't get how fast she got over her grandma's violent death.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:10 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,129,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yes, Sookie has a remarkable penchant for 'moving on'...I still can't get how fast she got over her grandma's violent death.
I know, right? I mean it's tv and wasn't my grandma and I'm still kind of traumatized by all the blood and gore!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,659,942 times
Tara's mother is not in the books at all. There is only mention that Tara had a harder life than Sookie because her parents were worthless no good abusers. That is about the only reference to Tara's parents. Tara too doesn't come along till book 2 and she never works at the bar nor has a relationship with Sam in the books.

I don't know who this Maryanne is, she almost took on the facade of a madame to me. I don't know, she isn't in the books.

As for Sookies nature. There is no mention in the books that she thinks she loves him in book one. Nothing like that. She was ideeply in the LUVVVV trap with Bill.

Imo I am getting from the writing on the show, they are devauling the love story aspect from little comments like, " I think I am in love". She said that on 2 seperate episodes. My hope is that maybe there will be a scene based on a makeup and get back together storyline in the book. It would be nice.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,659,942 times
omg had a revelation, I believe Maryanne is the Maenad ( I think that is how it is spelled).
She is a supernatural person who is bone evil!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,129,636 times
stargazer,
I am not trying to be rude, but this is the thread without book references. I think you may have meant to post on the other thread with the spoilers.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:06 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,266,512 times
Quote:
stargazer,
I am not trying to be rude, but this is the thread without book references. I think you may have meant to post on the other thread with the spoilers.
I was going to post the same the other day, but didn't want to be rude either. I came over her because I haven't finished the first book yet. Should we start another thread or maybe use the ignore feature? LOL

Old 11-22-2008, 07:03 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,658,847 times
I read the first book and don't recall the woman at all. no tara either! but, the woman who bailed tara out of jail, is definitely the same woman from the night before with the pig!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV