Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,161,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Well, I think you will see everyone in a different light, but mainly Eric. He became much more likable to me at the end of season 1. Although it was brutal, there was a reason he punished the redneck guy. You have missed so much of the story of how everyone came to this point.
Okay...I am definitely planning on catching up with season 1. I will let you know if my opinion changes. I'm hoping I'll at least "get" why Sookie is so in love with Bill. His personality seems a little dull to me, but maybe he was great in the first season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 06:12 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,133 times
I didn't know there was a certain age where women couldn't find a handsome actor hot. Check out the Adam Lambert Worship Thread. Eric is hot. Not as hot as Adam, but hot nonetheless. BTW - I read the first book and did find it kind of juvenile. Alan Ball has corrected that situation. LOL

Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,747,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I didn't know there was a certain age where women couldn't find a handsome actor hot. Check out the Adam Lambert Worship Thread. Eric is hot. Not as hot as Adam, but hot nonetheless. BTW - I read the first book and did find it kind of juvenile. Alan Ball has corrected that situation. LOL
I agree. I think people should stop taking themselves, or the TV shows they watch, too seriously. In fact, the series and this thread reflect that tounge in cheek tone. BTW, Eric is hot!

Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,582,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Ok .. what in heaven's name is pulsing through Maryann's veins???? Pert near kilt Bill!
Black Oil...Texas Tea LOL! Whatever it was it sure looked nasty

Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,962 times
I can appreciate a good looking man even though Eric doesn't seem that good looking to me (he's got pink bags under his eyes). But I'm really really sick of He's Hot especially instead of some sort of discourse.
GraceC I don't think its so much I'm taking it too seriously, as I'm commenting on things I like or don't like about the show. That is what this forum is for? We are here to do more than just say "he's hot" right? And I'm an unabashed TV watcher so I do take it a little seriously and that's ok as far as I'm concerned. If you don't care as much that's fine.

Someone brought up MaryAnn's immortality - so if they can't kill her then what? I know what they did in the book, not sure about the show. They could do some variation or come up with something new entirely.

Someone also mentioned Tara's repated "he's coming, he's coming". I suppose that the sacrifice was for Dionysus, (God of wine and ritual madness according to wiki) as that is who MaryAnne is an immortal follower of. Maybe the sacrifice was supposed to sort of bring him in the flesh (none of this is in the book) which would probably not be a good thing, from what I've read.

I did get the impression that Tara's Mother praying was presented as having an effect though you sort of had to look for it.

Tara seemed sort of upset afterward but previously she, Eggs, none of the others could remember anything that happened when they were "blacked out". So I'm assuming she can't remember anything now.?
I wonder why she seemed more important to MaryAnne than the others and if that is going to come up at all in the coming episode. Was she to be Dioynsus' "present"? Maybe we'll never know, like we don't know why MaryAnne killed the waitress.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,582,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I can appreciate a good looking man even though Eric doesn't seem that good looking to me (he's got pink bags under his eyes). But I'm really really sick of He's Hot especially instead of some sort of discourse.
GraceC I don't think its so much I'm taking it too seriously, as I'm commenting on things I like or don't like about the show. That is what this forum is for? We are here to do more than just say "he's hot" right? And I'm an unabashed TV watcher so I do take it a little seriously and that's ok as far as I'm concerned. If you don't care as much that's fine.

Someone brought up MaryAnn's immortality - so if they can't kill her then what? I know what they did in the book, not sure about the show. They could do some variation or come up with something new entirely.

Someone also mentioned Tara's repated "he's coming, he's coming". I suppose that the sacrifice was for Dionysus, (God of wine and ritual madness according to wiki) as that is who MaryAnne is an immortal follower of. Maybe the sacrifice was supposed to sort of bring him in the flesh (none of this is in the book) which would probably not be a good thing, from what I've read.

I did get the impression that Tara's Mother praying was presented as having an effect though you sort of had to look for it.

Tara seemed sort of upset afterward but previously she, Eggs, none of the others could remember anything that happened when they were "blacked out". So I'm assuming she can't remember anything now.?
I wonder why she seemed more important to MaryAnne than the others and if that is going to come up at all in the coming episode. Was she to be Dioynsus' "present"? Maybe we'll never know, like we don't know why MaryAnne killed the waitress.
I've wondered why she took a liking to Tara as well. And the fact that Maryann can't be killed by a vamp pisses me off.

Hopefully the show will clear it up before the season's over.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 AM

111 posts, read 235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
I've wondered why she took a liking to Tara as well. And the fact that Maryann can't be killed by a vamp pisses me off.

Well, Bill did indicate that the Queen might know how to defeat Maryann.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post

Marianne might have killed the waitress simply because she needed "dinner" for Tara and Eggs and maybe to hurt Sam because he loved the waitress. After the dungeon scene, the "dinner" was the most disgusting. IMHO - Marianne chose Tara because she viewed her as vulnerable, alienated from her mother, and easy to control. Also, she could increase her control of Tara pairing her with Eggs. Maybe Marianne can be killed by the powerful Queen vamp, combined with Sookie's "electricity". A formidable duo. The question remains why does Marianne have to have only Sam for the sacrifice. Is it only because he stole money? I think there's another reason.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
[quote=Amy S in PBC;10469198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Ya but, he is hot! I couldn't resist.
Absolutely!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Marianne might have killed the waitress simply because she needed "dinner" for Tara and Eggs and maybe to hurt Sam because he loved the waitress. After the dungeon scene, the "dinner" was the most disgusting. IMHO - Marianne chose Tara because she viewed her as vulnerable, alienated from her mother, and easy to control. Also, she could increase her control of Tara pairing her with Eggs. Maybe Marianne can be killed by the powerful Queen vamp, combined with Sookie's "electricity". A formidable duo. The question remains why does Marianne have to have only Sam for the sacrifice. Is it only because he stole money? I think there's another reason.
There is another reason and I only know that because I googled maened. I don't want to give away too much and I don't know how much the series will disclose about why she wants Sam, but it has to do with the bar. Also, I know that someone said the thing Maryann built was a rip off of the Wicker Man (I haven't seen that movie.), but I wonder if it's supposed to represent a thyrsus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV