Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 PM

37,826 posts, read 41,158,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
4) I am really ambivalent about Bill. In season 1 he was a standout vampire...unique with his feelings, morality and intelligence. In season 2 he's lost in the woodwork...mainly to having so many other vampires thrown into the mix. He's like the dad in the sitcom; and that's not cool. He doesn't even have the hero thing going for him anymore. WTF?
Bill is anal. He has to control his women. He could ask "Do you have a red balloon?" and it would sound like an accusation. He lectures like he's Sookie's dad and Jessica's dad and it doesn't help that Jason calls him Mr Compton. Even when he tells Eric to stay away from Sookie, it sounds like it's coming from Mr Compton, Sookie's father, not Bill, the anygry boyfriend. It's just that adding Jessica to the mix made it more obvious. I think what they need to do with him next season is give him a sense of humor so he doesn't come off so rigid. Eric gets funny sarcastic lines. Jason gets funny stupid lines. Andy gets funny bombastic lines. I have no idea how to make Bill seem like less of a scold but they need to do something. Even Sam, the boss, isn't so rigid.

So who do you think will be the hero (male or female) of the finale? Who will save them from Maryann? Is it going to be Jason and Andy? Sam? Eric? Sookie? Tara? Lafayette? Tara's mother? Some character we haven't seen yet that will set the stage for Season 3? Hurricane Katrina (only kidding - could see Maryann's meat statue floating away and everyone on the roof of Sookie's house )?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 02:31 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,255,705 times
Marianne could be pretty funny if she had not taken over the whole story line...

It's sort of like when Ali McGraw was on Dynasty with those annoying earrings. She was killed off in the chapel massacre - one critic wrote:
"Ali can't act, must die".

If a hurricane floods that far up into Lousiana then we in Vampire Lounge-y Dallas are in trouble!

Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,986,272 times
Spoiler Alert:

If they stay even half-way true to the books, Bill will not be the center of Sookie's life any longer. But they have taken so many liberties with the books, you know what's going to happen. I think the media hype about Anna Pacquin being engaged to whoever-Bill-is-in-real-life may dictate more Bill in the future.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,793,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

So who do you think will be the hero (male or female) of the finale? Who will save them from Maryann? Is it going to be Jason and Andy? Sam? Eric? Sookie? Tara? Lafayette? Tara's mother? Some character we haven't seen yet that will set the stage for Season 3? Hurricane Katrina (only kidding - could see Maryann's meat statue floating away and everyone on the roof of Sookie's house )?
I am guessing Eric. Like I said, it will set him up perfectly to absolutely rule season 3!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:01 PM

726 posts, read 2,273,364 times
I thought the Finale would premiere Sunday lol. Oh well we have to waiit for next week then
I used to love Maryann, now I want her dead. She's messed up everyone in that town.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:30 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,166,494 times
I re-watched Season 3 over the weekend and noticed a few interesting things that may tie into the finale.

Lafayette reads Tara's tarot cards, says she will have to make a choice and the end result will be justice.

This got me thinking that maybe since Tara summoned Maryann in the first place, she will be forced to do the killing herself and/or make a choice of who will be sacrificed - like between Sam, Sookie and Eggs? Since I have a feeling we won't be seeing Eggs around - my choice is Eggs and another relationship down the crapper for Tara!

This is just my take on what might happen to pass the time until next Sunday - any thoughts?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:47 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,421,892 times
My favorite show AND my favorite band Depeche Mode united *yum*

depeche mode dot com

Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,166,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
My favorite show AND my favorite band Depeche Mode united *yum*

depeche mode dot com
Holy cow - that's awesome! Eric is so hot (tee hee)!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,055,034 times
Quote:
So who do you think will be the hero (male or female) of the finale? Who will save them from Maryann?
Well, since the storyline with Maryann has gone way beyond anything in the books, I'm thinking Eric will play a major roll in her death, which will set up perfectly for Season 3/Book 3.

A kinder, gentler, Eric is on the way.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 AM

37,826 posts, read 41,158,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
I am guessing Eric. Like I said, it will set him up perfectly to absolutely rule season 3!
I like the idea of the conflict between Bill and Eric over Sookie's affection. I don't think they should mess with that. Conflict is good.

I'm thinking Eric (or Sam) might be the hero but I wouldn't rule out someone coming in from out of nowhere to save the day and to insert himself/herself into the series for the third season. Maybe the devil comes to take Maryann home. Also, how about Tara's mother (Adina Porter) coming in to save the day? I see she's never listed up front with the rest of the cast and I don't know why not unless they're going to kill her off. I don't think of her as a minor character. Maybe she'll sacrifice herself to save others. I'm ruling out everyone with black eyes, from the last episode, as the hero.

I have yet another question. Can shifters shift into other humans or beings or is it only lower life forms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV