Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,123,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, since the storyline with Maryann has gone way beyond anything in the books, I'm thinking Eric will play a major roll in her death, which will set up perfectly for Season 3/Book 3.

A kinder, gentler, Eric is on the way.
That ripping apart people in the basement has to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,234,296 times
I've learned not to eat dinner during this show.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,037,797 times
Quote:
That ripping apart people in the basement has to go.
He's a vamp, with a streak of vengence.

Great scene.

That wasn't in the books, but there will/should be worse scenes than that.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 AM

Soooooo, picking up on what Hugo said to Sookie, can vampire/human relationships actually last? Is there an age when the human in the relationship has to make up their mind whether to be made a vampire? For example, will Bill Compton, looking the same as he does now, be wheeling around an 85 year old Sookie? (Not that HBO series last that long .) So, at what age do you voluntarily give up the sunshine and pork chops? And then if you do it (agree to be made vampire) when you are fairly young, say 30, what if he leaves you and you've literally given up the brightest years of your life? Should Sookie have a baby now and then get made (sounds like the Sopranos )? But then the baby would never get any sunshine with 2 vampire parents unless they turn the baby, too. Are there vampire families?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM

5,022 posts, read 10,738,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Soooooo, picking up on what Hugo said to Sookie, can vampire/human relationships actually last? Is there an age when the human in the relationship has to make up their mind whether to be made a vampire? For example, will Bill Compton, looking the same as he does now, be wheeling around an 85 year old Sookie? (Not that HBO series last that long .) So, at what age do you voluntarily give up the sunshine and pork chops? And then if you do it (agree to be made vampire) when you are fairly young, say 30, what if he leaves you and you've literally given up the brightest years of your life? Should Sookie have a baby now and then get made (sounds like the Sopranos )? But then the baby would never get any sunshine with 2 vampire parents unless they turn the baby, too. Are there vampire families?
Yes, but the families are a hodge-podge, like Bill's "family"--Sookie (mother), Jessica (daughter), Eric (older brother), Jason (brother-in-law).
And no, they can't have babies--male or female. Remember when Jessica, Hoyt and Hoyt's mama were at Merlotte's and mama says that Jess "can't give him babies!"? Alas, Sookie will never have Bill's baby

Old 09-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Yes, but the families are a hodge-podge, like Bill's "family"--Sookie (mother), Jessica (daughter), Eric (older brother), Jason (brother-in-law).
And no, they can't have babies--male or female. Remember when Jessica, Hoyt and Hoyt's mama were at Merlotte's and mama says that Jess "can't give him babies!"? Alas, Sookie will never have Bill's baby
Well, Jessica's hymen keeps growing back. I did not realize that all vampires couldn't have babies but then again, how would Hoyt's mother know about Jessica's problem so I guess that's true. I'm guessing no eggs. Do the male vampires shoot blanks, too? Because if the female vampires can produce eggs and the men don't shoot blanks, technically they could still have a baby together just maybe not the traditional way. I'm thinking if "no eggs" is the problem, maybe it's only in the old female vampires as opposed to the freshly made younger ones. What does happen to your eggs when you die at say, 30?

Okay, lets say no eggs and no fertilization, vampire on vampire. So, if Sookie decides to be made a vampire before she gets old, should she have a baby first?

Old 09-11-2009, 02:26 PM

111 posts, read 235,497 times
Quote:
I'm just reading the first book, and early on, Bill tells Sookie, "we can't make children or have them."

Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,806,815 times
Quote:
Well, Jessica's hymen keeps growing back. I did not realize that all vampires couldn't have babies but then again, how would Hoyt's mother know about Jessica's problem so I guess that's true. I'm guessing no eggs. Do the male vampires shoot blanks, too? Because if the female vampires can produce eggs and the men don't shoot blanks, technically they could still have a baby together just maybe not the traditional way. I'm thinking if "no eggs" is the problem, maybe it's only in the old female vampires as opposed to the freshly made younger ones. What does happen to your eggs when you die at say, 30?

Okay, lets say no eggs and no fertilization, vampire on vampire. So, if Sookie decides to be made a vampire before she gets old, should she have a baby first?
Bill's dead ... Jess is dead. Can't make life out of death.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:04 PM

111 posts, read 235,497 times
Default Finale

So, in 24 hours, we'll know what happens and what the cliffhanger for next season will be? Any guesses?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,582,409 times
I can't come up with anything. I do like the element of surprise and the fact that Alan Ball is not going by the book line for line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV