Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Spoiler alert:

aw man, can't believe Franklin got his head smashed in
I wonder if he's really gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,809,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I wonder if he's really gone.
I hope not, but when his eye squished ... well ... hmmmmm.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,802,667 times
I really like last nights episode, the season is definitely heating up and I can't wait to see where it all ends up. I've never read the books, but love the show.

Best scene of the night to me was the Queen of Louisianna sitting next to her pool with all the scratch-off tickets..."OOOHHH, $100...Hadley, have someone run to the market and buy another 200 Deuces Wild....Hadley?....Hadley?"

Compared to last season, the characters and story are just so much more intrigueing this time. The King of Mississippi is another of my favorites. I also agree with the folks who are getting tired of Bill/Lorena. We have enough emo vampires with Twilight, lol.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,126,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Ok, I'm sorry, but it was pretty shocking to see Alcide as a white werewolf. I mean.....really?

Somehow I don't think Franklin is dead. Look at what Bill went through in the 1st season (where he was burned like a crispy critter) and he still survived. !
I'm wondering why Bill is a bloody mess from being tortured. Don't vampire wounds heal immediately like when Bill's wife shot him in the flashback. You would think a couple of cuts are small potatoes for a vampire.

Franklin is very old in the books but then again, Tara is a whole different person there, too.

I like that Alcide is a white wolf since white is traditionally the color worn by good guys in the old movies...and, you know, he'll also stick out among the other wolves. In other words, if we just see the wolf, we'll know it's Alcide without him having to change to a man.

Some of the actors getting the short end of the stick (air time-wise) this season: Mrs Thornton, Mrs Fortenberry, The Newlins, Terry Bellfleur, Hoyt, Mike, Jane Bodehouse, Pam, Ginger and I think some of it has to do with the new cast additions and also less going on at Merlotte's with the major characters. That whole Jason and the other quarterback story seems to be going nowhere in my opinion.

I was in another room and I heard an ad on TV for Hawthorne, a show I don't watch, and right away recognized the voice of Tara's mother (Adina Porter). I thought, she's probably one of the few actors on True Blood using her real voice.

Glad to see Jesus thinks "UGH, you're a drug dealer."

What's up with Eric? I like the vampire politics and the Eric flashbacks but his attitude toward Sookie is baffling. Not sure I want to see the end of Lorena. She's a great villain.

Talbot is very funny, to me. I think he's adding a lot to the season.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,802,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Talbot is very funny, to me. I think he's adding a lot to the season.
I like Talbot as well. The look on his face when the fight happened in the parlor was priceless. It seems all the poor guy wants to do is take it easy and enjoy his home.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,809,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I like Talbot as well. The look on his face when the fight happened in the parlor was priceless. It seems all the poor guy wants to do is take it easy and enjoy his home.
Yes, Talbot is a riot!

Were the instruments that Lorena was using made of silver???

Eric is playing his cards so he can kill Russell to avenge his father's death at the hands of Russell centuries earlier. He can't let Russell know of his feelings for Sookie or else he'll get the Bill treatment.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,831,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm wondering why Bill is a bloody mess from being tortured. Don't vampire wounds heal immediately like when Bill's wife shot him in the flashback. You would think a couple of cuts are small potatoes for a vampire.
The chains on his wrists were made of silver, which I think take away their superb healing. Just my guess.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,790,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I love Talbot too; he reminds me SO much of a guy I used to work with on South Beach!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:58 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,582,526 times
It was good, can't wait til next week lol!!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,667,344 times
this season is so much better than last season with all that Maryann stuff. I just didn't like that. This keeps you wishing the episodes were longer than an hour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV