Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 09:33 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,700 times

Advertisements

Get ready for the wicked witches.

Obsessions: 10 reasons we're excited for 'True Blood's' return - CNN.com

It's no horror story for Alexander Skarsgard - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,772,070 times
Witches? Vampires, werewolves, fairies, maenads, vampire hating humans and now witches? If that little Louisiana town can survive a maenad causing all kinds of trouble, it can survive a few witches. There are questions that need to be answered from last year:

Did Sam kill his or even shoot his little brother?

Did Bill survive his battle with Sophie Ann?

What's next for Sookie now that she's kicked Bill to the curb (for now)?

Got my DVR all set. With Burn Notice back and the rest of my favorites soon to return, my summer has officially started

Old 06-26-2011, 07:00 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,314,985 times
2:16 sec and its totally gonna be on! YAY!!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,170,331 times
How amazing was that first episode??!! And I was thrilled to see Gary Cole in a small role

Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,424,746 times
So....???? What's the general concensus , did you enjoy the first episode? Does it look like it's going to be a good season? I'm debating wether to tune in. I absolutely loved the first season(bought it on DVD), liked the second season, but frankly they lost me on the third season. It was just too much, like the writers were all over the place. What do you think?

Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 PM

29,792 posts, read 34,600,981 times
I've read the whole series of books, so I dig some of the changes that the writers have made, but others make me cringe. Like, why does everyone have to be trailer trash and/or a drug addict?

Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM

4,677 posts, read 2,065,668 times
I've read the whole series and hate the direction they are going with it. Why, why, why? And the first episode bored me to death except for the last couple of minutes. I played my phone through most of it. I will probably watch it again next week hoping it gets better.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,265,490 times
It was pretty good, set a lot of things up. I actually probably enjoyed it more than most once they got out of Fairie land. That 6 minutes sucked ala Maryanne season 2. It was like watching some sort of "oh look Sookie got downloaded to an old Star Trek episode" pointy ears and all.

After that I liked it.

Guess Bill is now King but hasn't it been on the web that Rachel Even Wood is still on season 4? They could just leave that as it is with her dead from my perspective. Otherwise its all these dead vampires that just keep coming back and if they can do that then what's the point of them killing them off.
(If Eric could call Pam from underneath cement to be rescued are we really suppose to believe that Russell had no one to command to do the same?)

Eric sure is making Bill look bad re Sookie but when you think about it, it was pretty easy for Eric to hedge his bets on whether she comes back or not. Plan on it and If she doesn't <shrugs>, Not sure why Bill didn't think of it.

I thought Bill's vamp spy was Hadley but...not? Some new person that looks like Hadley?
What's with Bill's political campaign? Is that working with Nell and the VRA? I get the idea that he is dating Porticia.

Witches - I sort of like that Marnie is old and a little unattractive as series filled with Hollywood plastic are so unrealistic and irritating. ...But...does this representation of real life middle aged lady have to be a Witch? Really? F8ck you Alan Ball

Just not into Jesus. Still love Lafayette, just not with Jesus.

Thought the baby thing was funny. Not sure whether its going to one of those filler plot lines then never seems to go anywhere or not. They way they said he was 'real smart'...was that foreshadowing?

I understand Alan Ball saying that they wanted to give Tara a happier story line but the cycnical part of me says - its all about the girl on girl action ala orgies of Season 2.

Honestly I hate it when they pander.

Not sure how I feel about Hoyt and Jessica. Sort of irritating to watch but I do love Hoyt. I am guessing that Jessica is going to drag Hoyt into putting up with her "hunting" badness which will set off the juxtaposition btw him and his mothers new "son" Tommy. Of course Hoyt will snap back to the ultimate goodness and Tommy will..revert to type? Break off in a new direction? He sure was creepy to watch with Hoyt's mother.

Jason - WTH? Didn't understand that at all. Was nice to see him doing some good things, taking care of Andy, the kids. Why the cooler?

Loved Sam and his group of shifters. I wonder. If a shifter is drunk when he shifts - does that mean that the animal is drunk? Were they a bunch of tipsy horses? I read in an article that the brunette is going to be a new character. As in...more a main character than the others I guess.

Anyone else thinks it sticks out that that the only 2 black characters are gay? Add in Jesus and all the minorities are gay?

In the main it was ok. If I were to step back and think about how great it should be if Alan Ball weren't such a sell out I'd get more upset.

key words: True Blood season 4 premier Alan Ball

Last edited by Giesela; 06-27-2011 at 03:45 PM..

Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 PM

7,410 posts, read 5,522,502 times
I wasn't thrilled with the first episode. It seemed to me they were trying to make up for all the down time and cramming in too many characters and storylines; too much too fast.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:43 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,824,641 times
I read the books as well. Debated if I wanted to watch the rest of the series after reading all the books. Needless to say, I am sucked it in again! I was not happy with the first episode, but I hope it improves!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV