Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 07:29 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,635,590 times

Advertisements

Did you just catch Kate and the kids on TV this morning? (GMA, I think) The host asked the older girls if Kate was a good mom and Mady says, "I like Daddy better."

I wonder if it was a long ride home.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,976,058 times
I remember when The Learning Channel (TLC) actually had shows that you could learn from. I recall TLC found the Tuttles on American Chopper, introduced us to crab fishing (Deadliest Catch), and house flipping done correctly and incorrectly.

Now the draw to TLC is a guy and gal who find it amusing to give a person $5K for clothes purchases while beratting you because they believe you cannot dress themselves fashionably, a couple of little people families, including one who owns a pumpkin farm, 17 kids living in Arkansas and 8 kids in Pennsylvania.

What scares me is what they will promote as America's next level of entertainment - illegal aliens make 9? I recently witnessed a show where it showed some tree cutting crew from Tulsa. It was interesting until the owner started yapping and bellyaching like a cow birthing a calf. About 2 minutes of that along with 3 minutes of self promotion turned me off.

TLC has found a niche which is safe but controversial - it may be a great business model but it's just another waste of bandwidth to me.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Did you just catch Kate and the kids on TV this morning? (GMA, I think) The host asked the older girls if Kate was a good mom and Mady says, "I like Daddy better."

I saw that and I also heard mommy that hurts she must have pinched her or something because she said that. That annoyed me so much!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times
Kate Gosselin just looks evil to me...sort of a Mommy Dearest vibe...

Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:

LOL--I said that many times.

Kate said once that she knew Mady seemed to be more like her--she probably had a good LOL and maybe a good cry. Jon probably gave her a hug and bought her some ice cream or something. Then took the boys out for some golf. About all you can do. LOL

Old 01-31-2009, 09:27 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Quote:

Thought I 'd poke me nose in over here for giggles...
Did you also notice the 'deer in the headlights' look that Kate had when she was told the Octuplet crazymom had 6 more kids??!! 14 total~~

I could just see the wheels spinning in her head...'that woman BETTER not steal MY limelight!! Oh no, not me!! I haven't worked my poor fingers to the bone with all these kids for nothing!! Oh Kon, lets check out that MBR ... or call the doc, we need more babies...'
better enjoy it while you can Kate- your days are numbered! As much as America likes weirdness and un-reality, your goldmine, oops show, might get bumped to make way for Queen of IVF

ROTFL

Old 01-31-2009, 10:14 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,526 times
Quote:
Did you just catch Kate and the kids on TV this morning? (GMA, I think) The host asked the older girls if Kate was a good mom and Mady says, "I like Daddy better." I wonder if it was a long ride home.
At age 8 I probably would have said I liked my Daddy better even tho I loved my Mommy too. I was a Daddy's girl. So this part really doesn't bother me that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
I saw that and I also heard mommy that hurts she must have pinched her or something because she said that. That annoyed me so much!
Now THIS bother's me. Just shows that Kate has to be "the Queen" and always in the right, never wrong.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 AM

42 posts, read 91,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Kate Gosselin just looks evil to me...sort of a Mommy Dearest vibe...
i'm starting to think kate is alittttle bit crazy. why does she always yell at and hit jon ? i'd smack her if i was him and im a chick !

Old 02-01-2009, 09:13 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,417 times
My wife and I still love the show,but Kate does belittle Jon too much for my taste sometimes. Other than that,the show is great. I think they have a beautiful family even though I would never want that many kids.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post

I saw excerpts of it, and I think Mady needed a good spanking. What horrible lttle brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV