Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,934,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
They didnt intend on having six babies the second time around.
Right. Because fertility drugs never make you have multiple kids. They already had two kids, as far as I'm concerned it's an affront to society to produce six more. Nobody has genes that are special enough to warrant making yourself over 8 times.

As far as who am I to judge? They voluntarily put themselves in the public eye; there is no longer any expectation that their lives won't be criticized, just like any other "celebrity".

Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 AM

50,457 posts, read 64,317,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The "freebies" aren't exactly free.
I'm sure the giver writes it off and if they don't they get advertising.
Look at how many times they mentioned everyone that's donated to the renewal shows.

Kleinfeld bridal, who donated her dress, used her trying on gowns on their show as well.
One of the things that soured me also is that I heard Kate will not let anyone but them get paid for being on the show..Notice how you never see ANYONE else on the show anymore, like Aunt Jodie or the neighbors who used to help out?
Also, Jon's work is now promoting the family, so you know they are going to squeeze the last dime out of the whole TLC gravy train until it finally comes to a halt.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,532,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
One of the things that soured me also is that I heard Kate will not let anyone but them get paid for being on the show..Notice how you never see ANYONE else on the show anymore, like Aunt Jodie or the neighbors who used to help out?
Also, Jon's work is now promoting the family, so you know they are going to squeeze the last dime out of the whole TLC gravy train until it finally comes to a halt.
It sounds like Jon & Kate do public speaking tours, too.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:19 AM

863 posts, read 1,646,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
I think renewing vows is idiotic. How on earth does she have time to plan that (yah, interns at TLC do it).

How have they been to Hawaii, California, Utah and Florida in one year? (again, frebees and planned by others')

Luck will run out soon and I dont know what they will do on Jon's $75k, I can only assume that is about what he brings in.

I dont think longevity is in the cards for them, they will probably eventually separate.
Jon is not working anymore. What they make from speaking engagements and from the show is their income.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,033,008 times
I am sick of reality shows in general. I'll be happy when this phase of "entertainment" is over. Jon & Kate and their eight, as well as the Duggar's 17, the Little People in their big, expensive world, etc, would not be smiling so much if they were not being paid big bucks to be filmed.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:10 PM

23,913 posts, read 33,736,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
There's the main Jon & Kate post here. We were discussing the Jodie being paid topic a while ago.

I personally don't care if they show Jodie or not, I watch for the kids.

I stumbled upon a site that was supposedly done by Jodie's sister & after what I read lost respect for Jodie. I know that it might not be her sister but if it was it makes Jodie no better then things I read Kate did. This was all over the bubble gum in Jodie's house; and if anyone has seen the episode, Kate doesn't come off well in it. I think this is the episode that turned me off of them a bit. I'm not so into watching the new episodes after seeing it. I thought TLC's editing for that show was crossing a line.

I don't doubt Jon isn't working with his brother in law any more after that episode.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:21 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,402,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
I still watch Jon & Kate and like their family. I don't think the kids are brats at all. The 6 pack is adorable and they seem like normal kids. They'll stay married. Both seem very committed to their relationship and their family. Yes, Kate has her moments but at the end of the day they are a family and I sense a great amount of love between them.

I completely agree, I think anyone who has a camera crew following them around would have a moment or two that would not be their finest. I really appreciate that they are a family with lots of love and concern for wach other. The kids are adorable, even Mady with her tantrums.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:13 AM

161 posts, read 371,063 times
the Duggars scare me like cults do. Kate is a beotch, but if I had 8 kids ( or 1 ) I'd would be too. I have a friend that worked on production for Little People, Big Heads and he said the kids are the most spoiled brats he ever met and that the parents are constantly fighting... soooo I stopped watching. Good news to the freaks of the world, gain a bunch of weight or have a bunch of spawn and TLC will give you your own show.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:55 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,460,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Always hated it. Kate's a rabid biyotch, John is a pansy, the kids are brats. Nobody needs eight kids, they should have stopped at the first two. Nobody should get freebies or a tv show for overbreeding either. Geeze.
I didnt know they got freebies, but I couldnt agree with you more!

Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM

108 posts, read 395,896 times
Good grief, if their kids are brats, then I don't want to know what that would make mine sometimes. You have to remember that first of all, they believe in God and I think that God thought they could do the job, so He allowed it to happen. That's why He didn't pick me, b/c I couldn't handle what they handle. They also have a camera crew following them everywhere, of course there are going to be times when it's shown that they're out of line, and times when they look "pansyish" b/c they don't want to say what they actually think b/c they're on camera. I'm sure there is someone somewhere that doesn't like you or critisizes your behavior, or vice versa. Maybe you should try having 8 kids, 6 of the same age and 2 of the same age, and see what it's like trying to keep your temper all the time.

There are way bigger families than that, and I'm sure they are thankful for their family and life. Why does everyone have to be so critical of everyone else? They are doing the best that they can with what they have and thank God that people are nice and willing enough to donate things to them and their children to better their kids' lives. Besides to you know what they do with the items when they are outgrown?? Have a sale and donate the proceed to Kids Cancer research. Anything they don't sale goes to Goodwill so someone else can purchase it cheaper so maybe their kids have something nice when they can't afford it. Imagine if Kate or Jon was your kids and their kids are your grandkids, wonder if you'd have the same feelings, seriously doubt it. Besides, it's my daughter's favorite show. In fact, all my kids love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV