Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 PM

822 posts, read 3,004,371 times

Advertisements

I've commented on this show before, probably on a different thread. The kids are fine - they are just kids. But I can't watch the show for more than 30 seconds without (a) Kate going on about her "need for things to be just so!" with all of the concomitant whining and complaining and (b) the scene with Kate insulting her husband, with Jon sort of rolling his eyes sitting beside her, etc. I mean, are these parents really going to make it together? She seems crazed and he seems beaten up.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,326,320 times
I find this show terrrribly borrrrrrrrring. So what if they have 8,9, 10 whatever number of kids?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
HKB

221 posts, read 803,264 times
My wife watches this show, so I've seen a little bit of it by association. I just don't get it. After listening to my own toddler whine all day, I need some peace and quiet in the evening. Why would I want to sit down and listen to someone else's 8 kids have meltdowns?

The mom is an insufferable nag, and the dad is completely emasculated. If my wife treated me that way I would have packed up and left a long time ago. Of course, with 8 kids, he probably couldn't afford to leave anyway.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,862 times
So does anyone know why we didnt meet Jon's mom who lives in Hawaii? And does anyone know the truth behind Kate's parents?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 AM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvrjt2006 View Post
So does anyone know why we didnt meet Jon's mom who lives in Hawaii? And does anyone know the truth behind Kate's parents?
I don't think his mother lives there, I know I posted links in one of the Jon & Kate posts here.

As far as her family, they really don't talk about it. Pretty sure I left a few links dealing with the subject on whatever I could find.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't think his mother lives there, I know I posted links in one of the Jon & Kate posts here.

As far as her family, they really don't talk about it. Pretty sure I left a few links dealing with the subject on whatever I could find.
I'm pretty sure Jon's mother lives in PA, not far from Jon and Kate.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 12-03-2008 at 08:11 AM..

Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 AM

443 posts, read 2,136,568 times
I think calling their kids all brats is a little harsh. They just seem like normal toddlers who fight and scream and have tantroms like every other toddler. I don't see why people are so upset/jelous that they are getting so many freebies. Bid deal.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,830,622 times
I hate that show....Jon and Kate are like nails on a chalkboard to me. They are phonies and con artists in my opinion, and they should be arrested for exploiting their children. Even more pathetic is how these phonies try to act like they are "Christians." I've read a lot of articles about them and it seems they are very rude people in person, they go to a lot of speaking engagements and won't even talk to people afterwards, they do not allow any pictures to be taken, and this is because they SELL pictures of themselves and their family for 20 BUCKS!!! Who do these people think they are that people would want to pay 20 bucks for a picture of them? I can't wait until that show crashes and burns already. I hope they're saving some of that money they're spending on million dollar homes and fancy vacations for the therapy their kids are going to need someday!

And somebody tell Jon to grow and set and stop being barked at and ordered around by his wife!

When my wife puts that show on, I leave the room anymore.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:06 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,536,724 times
Ah, so people actually do think. What a piece of mindless drivel. It is a short drive off the bridge to sanity - these people are sickeningly close to completion of that route. One can only stand a small dose of artifical sweeteners, which is what this is. Fool around with fertility drugs and THIS is what you get.

Perhaps all clinics should be showing this in their lobby. Lookie, all the freebies gone now. Plop out that many of your own and guess what? No one else will care. We're all spent.

And that commercial... It's a Beautiful EEEKKKKKK! I have anger management feelings when it comes on and I can't find the remote to mute it, and these are new to me.

So, the Network Executives in life put the axe to shows that force people to think, like Eli Stone, and yet they continue to produce this drivel. We are doomed.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM

15 posts, read 53,696 times
It was interesting at first, but Kate has become supremely annoying and almost abusive to Jon. She should watch out for that, the last thing you want when you have 8 kids is to have your husband up and leave on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV