Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 AM

444 posts, read 1,051,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissCT View Post
Ok, I try not to be too critical of Jon & Kate, but last night Kate really got on my nerves about 2 things.

1.) When Jon used the word "nose-poking" around, she yelled at him until he came up with another word more to her liking. I can understand her frustration with Jon when she wants help with the kids, but that is just being a nag.

2.) The way she yelled at the kids when showing them the master bedroom at the new house "You will NEVER come in here, do you understand?" I get it they need privacy, but I think she could have explained it in a kinder way. It's like it took all the joy out of the new house.

And yes I understand the fridge was dirty, but she acts like she's the only clean person on this earth. I've always had to do a ton of cleaning before moving into a new home (even one that is brand new) and it's just sort of a given.

She also said really loud and mean if you ever comein here without knocking there will be terrible punishment. What are you going to do? It will happen one day they are little kids they run around from room to room and they will forget.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,543,703 times
Get real on this new house. I wasn't going to watch last night but I did , not for long. This million dollar house is the last straw for me. I get they have 8 kids but some people me included would love the house they have. What I have seen witrh Kate and I;m sure we could see in ourself if we were being flimed is that even though we love allk our kids we may not treat them all the same. In watching this show for several years she does that. When the little kids were younger I would always see her carring Hannah. She would say that she needed her more and that Hannah was the leader of the girls and more like Kate. Last night as they were showing this new house they said Hannak will have a room all by herself. The reason was she needs to sleep later and she gets mirgranes. Having 7 kids myself the rite of passage is that the oldest kids get the rooms to themself. The other kids including the twins are sharing. It just seems so odd to me that you would give oine child their own room when you have 8 the same age. What is she going to do when they have to get up for school. Mabe right now it isn't a huge deal but wait until the girls get older and Hannah walks around like this big deal. I also thought that when they started this take each child to do something alone , Kate went with Jon when it was the girls turn and when the boys went Jon went alone. I guess I really find Kate hard to watch now and I really in this time when people are loosing their home don't want to see this what over one million dollar home that they have because they took drugs , had 6 kids and are on TV. TLC a family just had 8 kids at once yesterday want to start a new show...Please

Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,858,213 times
The funny thing about this is that TLC stands for "The Learning Channel." They've gone way downhill since they called themselves The Learning Channel.....now its all bottom-of-the-barrel reality shows rather than anything remotely educational.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:59 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,358,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I hate that show....Jon and Kate are like nails on a chalkboard to me. They are phonies and con artists in my opinion, and they should be arrested for exploiting their children. Even more pathetic is how these phonies try to act like they are "Christians." I've read a lot of articles about them and it seems they are very rude people in person, they go to a lot of speaking engagements and won't even talk to people afterwards, they do not allow any pictures to be taken, and this is because they SELL pictures of themselves and their family for 20 BUCKS!!! Who do these people think they are that people would want to pay 20 bucks for a picture of them? I can't wait until that show crashes and burns already. I hope they're saving some of that money they're spending on million dollar homes and fancy vacations for the therapy their kids are going to need someday!

And somebody tell Jon to grow and set and stop being barked at and ordered around by his wife!

When my wife puts that show on, I leave the room anymore.
I am sick of that show too!! You are right on....She treats him like one of the kids!! hey don't look that much into each other either...I always thought that from the start....
They are jumping from house to house with all this publicity lol ..Pretty soon they'll be in Hugh Hefner's mansion living off the hog LOL!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 PM

50,454 posts, read 64,294,398 times
Ok, here's what's bothering me about last night's show, and most shows this season.. Kate's attitude is just bad in general lately. She has an air of boredom about everything now, as though she's barely tolerating doing the show (which is fair, since we are all barely tolerating watching the show anymore either). She's always been critical, but lately she is never the least bit charming at all. She's developed an air which is not becoming. I think she thinks she's Angelina Jolie, now.

I thought it was especially crass when she went on and on about how "filthy" the new house was. You just know the former owners had to be huddled around the TV eagerly waiting to see their former home on TV, but Kate never gave their feelings a single thought. It's just Psycology 101 that a person who is not confident needs to put other people down to try to make themselves look good.
While she says how grateful they are to have opportunities for their kids, it seems more like lip service than genuine feeling.

About the house itself..I don't know how much land is with it, or whether or not the price I heard is correct, but the house is very dated. It's big, but nothing fancy. It seems very suitable to their family without being at all ostentatious.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,139,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Get real on this new house. I wasn't going to watch last night but I did , not for long. This million dollar house is the last straw for me. I get they have 8 kids but some people me included would love the house they have. What I have seen witrh Kate and I;m sure we could see in ourself if we were being flimed is that even though we love allk our kids we may not treat them all the same. In watching this show for several years she does that. When the little kids were younger I would always see her carring Hannah. She would say that she needed her more and that Hannah was the leader of the girls and more like Kate. Last night as they were showing this new house they said Hannak will have a room all by herself. The reason was she needs to sleep later and she gets mirgranes. Having 7 kids myself the rite of passage is that the oldest kids get the rooms to themself. The other kids including the twins are sharing. It just seems so odd to me that you would give oine child their own room when you have 8 the same age. What is she going to do when they have to get up for school. Mabe right now it isn't a huge deal but wait until the girls get older and Hannah walks around like this big deal. I also thought that when they started this take each child to do something alone , Kate went with Jon when it was the girls turn and when the boys went Jon went alone. I guess I really find Kate hard to watch now and I really in this time when people are loosing their home don't want to see this what over one million dollar home that they have because they took drugs , had 6 kids and are on TV. TLC a family just had 8 kids at once yesterday want to start a new show...Please
last night was the last time i'll watch--for all the reasons mentioned above---i amm feeling sorry for the kids and their future neuroses

Old 01-27-2009, 01:56 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,038,893 times
I hadn't really watched in a while because I can't stand Kate but I was interested in seeing the new house last night. Ugh, now I'm reminded why I don't watch. I'm surprised Jon hasn't snapped yet. I keep waiting for a name change to 'Jon Paroled in 8'.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,362,394 times
I personally think it'd be Kate Paroled in 8 before Jon. She's quite close to cutting off what's left of his manhood at this point.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:03 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,038,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
I personally think it'd be Kate Paroled in 8 before Jon. She's quite close to cutting off what's left of his manhood at this point.
Ah, I stand corrected.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:04 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,751,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
At first I enjoyed watching the family and the darling children, but now the show is only about what freebee they're getting that week.
Furthermore, I don't care how many times Jon and Kate renew their vows, it's only a matter of time until Kate belittles Jon once too often. She treats him like one of the children and I predict one day he'll have had enough.
Saw that for the first time last night. 15 minutes was enough. Too shallow for my liking ... them and the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV