Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,310,193 times

Advertisements

I prefer "Barefoot Contessa". Not full of herself, easy on the nerves presentation and down to earth. The tone she sets during the show enables me to actually LEARN something and enjoy it at the same time. I also like the way her kitchen is set up. It is functional and places the focal point on the recipie.

Rachel's personality can be overwhelming and it just takes the focus off the task at hand. In fact, it's just downright obnoxious. Maybe some prefer that, but I don't.

I believe one must have a suitable personality for the camera and some charisma to a degree. However, the in-your-face presentations can turn some off.

And Gypsy..This is classic:

"I have to agree about the Neely's. All that kissy-kissy stuff. Sheesh, get a room not a kitchen."

LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 01:38 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyrhydyr View Post
Haven't watched RR's morning show...figured if I couldn't takethe 1/2 hour cooking, 1 hour of talking would make me bat sh** crazy. While I do like Ina, I have to agree about the Neely's. All that kissy-kissy stuff. Sheesh, get a room not a kitchen. The absolute worst to me is Sandra Lee with her cutsie updated June Cleaver wardrobe that matches her table decorations. Has anyone out there ever actually dressed to match their decor?
Well said
Tyler Florence can cook for me any time...that man is a dream

Old 11-13-2008, 01:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
ever turn off the sound? she could be selling anything, should have run for GOP VP.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:47 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,312,361 times
LOL, I did catch a few of her 1/2 shows at noon a few years back when she first came on the scene .. and have to admit that ee-v-o-o thing for extra-virgin-olive-oil was very annoying.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,923,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post
LOL, I did catch a few of her 1/2 shows at noon a few years back when she first came on the scene .. and have to admit that ee-v-o-o thing for extra-virgin-olive-oil was very annoying.
Thing is, she doesn't just say EVOO...she always says "evooextravirginoliveoil". Either use the acronym or use the proper name, don't stick 'em both together and use them both all the time.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,626,353 times
I always find people interesting that have these polarizing personalities. Certain personality types bring out either sheer hatred or admiration for no real reason.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
As she's in her early 40's now-it's time she grows up. She's annoying and over-exposed. Paula Deen has become the same way-extrememly annoying.

Neeley's very hard to watch.

Ina,Giada,Tyler are aces in my book.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I'm sorry to say I don't care for her or her shows. Her morning show Rachel Ray is the worse. Her facial expressions drive me nuts. Anytime a guest comes on and they have something new, instead of giving it to someone in the audience she always say's "I'm keeping this one". I'm sure she has the money to actually buy one.

I don't remember if her other show is RR Vacations or RR Tasty Travels, she now has her husband on with her. He needs to shave!

Enough with Rachel Ray.............and don't get me started with Paula Deen.

Thanks! I feel better.

Ok, Paula Deen,,,,,,lololol. I don't know what to think of her, i can't figure out if she's really a sweet, funny lady or a phony, any ideas?????

Old 11-15-2008, 12:41 AM

726 posts, read 2,269,869 times
I like her 30 Minute Meals show, on Food Network channel.
If theres anything I find annoying about her, it would be her voice. Its pretty raspy and hoarse.

I got her cookware set, as a gift last year.
Shes alright. I dont watch her talk show though.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Paula Deen to me has turned phony. When she first started she was fine but I now find her extremely crude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV