Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 02:35 PM

160 posts, read 321,358 times

Advertisements

Oh Sham Wow is in the top 3 for sure!! There is a commercial, I am sorry I don't know who it is for, basically because I change the channel when I see it.. It is a cake with ice cream around it, and then a very annoying voice starts singing "ice cream and cake, ice cream and cake" over and over and it gets faster and faster. I think I made it through it ONCE. When I see it now I change it.
Then there is the "Sonic" commercials!! The one with the two men makes me CRAZY!! But I have to change the other ones too! We don't even have Sonic's in this area!
Thanks this was fun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 02:43 PM

559 posts, read 1,757,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorrieMA View Post
Oh Sham Wow is in the top 3 for sure!! There is a commercial, I am sorry I don't know who it is for, basically because I change the channel when I see it.. It is a cake with ice cream around it, and then a very annoying voice starts singing "ice cream and cake, ice cream and cake" over and over and it gets faster and faster. I think I made it through it ONCE. When I see it now I change it.
Then there is the "Sonic" commercials!! The one with the two men makes me CRAZY!! But I have to change the other ones too! We don't even have Sonic's in this area!
Thanks this was fun!!
years ago when sonic started doing those commercials they were funny. they ran out of funny jokes long ago.
youre lucky you dont have any, we have them on every street. of course hq is located here. maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:22 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
those california cheese commercials with the singing cows. some of the worst crap!
They are "corny"...plus we know the load of crap that cows can put out...LOL.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post

Rollover minutes... any of those commercials with the neurotic mom and the kids that don't want to use "old minutes".
Don't you want to ***** slap the kid in that commercial? I would also never use AT&T, but I loathe that commercial as well as those for stiffy pills (Extenze particularly---how is that allowed to be on the air since the claims are demonstrably false?), those stupid ESPN promos where they position themselves as pals of the athletes they are supposed to be covering as objective journalists, the alarm company commercials geared to scaring the living daylights out of women, and, on the History International Channel, those Humane Society ads (I love the HS, but I also cannot stand to see anything about animals suffering, so I change the channel when it comes on).

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
I suppose I should feel guilty about this, but I don't.

I was actually happy to hear that Billy Mays, the Oxy-Clean guy, had died.

The only thing that I feel a little sad about is that I didn't get to kill him myself.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:01 AM

154 posts, read 396,364 times
Has anyone mentioned the Baskin Robbins "Ice Cream and Cake" jingle?

Old 08-31-2009, 12:37 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
I HATE this commercial for this stupid show-Family Guy.
This makes me need a xanax I tell ya!!

Video: Family Guy - Lois Mom Mum Mommy

Old 08-31-2009, 12:51 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Another commercial that really gets on my nerves is the Fruit of the loom one, with the guys disguised as fruit singing on stage, and the grape's cell phone rings. So stupid!
And I think of the kid they disguised as a big fruit and put in the swimming pool - poor child!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:10 PM

160 posts, read 321,358 times
Default Ahhh...ICE CREAM AND CAKE..over and over..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gairetjax View Post
Has anyone mentioned the Baskin Robbins "Ice Cream and Cake" jingle?
OMG!! I mentioned the Ice Cream and Cake but I couldn't remember who the commercial was for! Thank You it has been driving me nuts.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Castrol, with the Scot that keeps whacking people. I'd be wanting to take that thing from him and wailing all over him with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV