Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,023,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Progressive - FLO MUST GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And your rate quoter is BS.
"quota"
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Happy Holidays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 04:05 PM

802 posts, read 1,325,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
The "Hyundai Holidays" commercial makes me want to throw my TV out the window.....my cat makes better music when her tail is stepped on than that girl with the guitar.
I'm with you on this. I can't stand this commercial and it's played frequently here, especially during the local news.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:12 PM

8,826 posts, read 21,339,078 times
"Help, I've fallen and I can't get up."

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,219,244 times
I can't stand the obnoxious women with their phones up in everyone's business, people come by and say "did you hear Bob is leaving," and they say "that's so 27 seconds ago," and they just keep doing that every time someone says something they have to chime in that they heard it "seconds" ago. I hate it, and it plays constantly.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,064,944 times
It used to be that the most obnoxious commercials were those featuring babies "talking" as adults. Then, Subway came out with commercials featuring adults talking like children---these are even worse!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,219,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
It used to be that the most obnoxious commercials were those featuring babies "talking" as adults. Then, Subway came out with commercials featuring adults talking like children---these are even worse!
Those are awful! I can't even tell if it's real children talking, or people with helium, the voices sound so weird.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:43 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,599,594 times
I cannot stand the creep that talks about his new Hoveround, now he doesn't have to go to the old folks home. I'd like to send him over a cliff. Won't cost him a penny, but they costs us thousands, eachy!!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:19 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,172,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I can't stand the obnoxious women with their phones up in everyone's business, people come by and say "did you hear Bob is leaving," and they say "that's so 27 seconds ago," and they just keep doing that every time someone says something they have to chime in that they heard it "seconds" ago. I hate it, and it plays constantly.
Even worse is the "guy" version where they're at a football game and getting their kicks out of trying to make everyone else around them feel "less than", instead of having fun and enjoying being at a game. Their friends try to include them in a little bit of fun or share some news, and all they do is try to make their friends feel like crap. Yeah, that really makes me want to own one of those phones. The irony is these fools think they're so on top of everything but since they're glued to their phones they miss out on the game.

Instead of making me want to go out and buy that phone, that commercial just makes me glad I don't know people like that. I think "Gee, what a bunch of losers."

Last edited by Caladium; 12-25-2011 at 05:27 AM..

Old 12-25-2011, 05:26 AM

45,617 posts, read 61,049,926 times
Two new ones for me:

That "Big, Big, Big, Small" one for Honda I think.

One I saw last night where Conan O'Brien says "Let me be serious for a moment" and then he just stands there with a grim look on his face.

Edit:

Now there's three:

The Hyundai ghetto rats.

I do think the VW commercials where the folks won't take the car back from a test drive are funny.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:37 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,870,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I agree -- there's nothing even remotely entertaining/redeeming about that commercial. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV