Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 PM

198 posts, read 167,750 times

Advertisements

OK, Pizza Hut Just topped the list with a new one of some dweeb strumming a guitar and trying to sing (barf) this commercial makes me want slit my wrist more than it makes me want to order pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 05:02 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,982,812 times
Some candy bar, I think, has rubberized sharks all sitting at a kind of board meeting with a chubby lady standing, talking to them.

I shut the sound off of commercials. They interfere with the continuity of the show, but I do appreciate commercials when I need a bathroom break or have to get up to get the tea.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:06 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,469,947 times
This is a local ad so mercifully the majority of you won't have to see it. The ad is for a local furniture company called "Parker Furniture" the owners being the Parker family.

The commercial shows rooms with furniture and a voice-over describing them. No problem there, but at the end they show two men sitting on the couch with a little boy of about seven sitting between him.

The men say something and then the kid shouts out in a very high pitched, annoying voice "PAWKEAW FAW-NUCH-AW!"

He is supposed to be saying "Parker Furniture" but he comes out sounding like Elmer Fudd. I can imagine the teasing this kid must get or will get by his classmates.

I mean, come on parents of this child, send him to speech therapy but don't have him talk on TV. It isn't cute.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,982,812 times
After someone mentioned that annoying pig commercial - the one on that aerial contraption with the guy riding on the next wire over the snow covered land - I find it surreal, like something out of a King novel. It is shown in filtered dark light and you expect the pig to sport fangs at some point and take a huge chunk out of the guy.

Stupid commercial.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,713,493 times
vibrators, sexual lubricants and condoms for Christmas sickened me. I'm sure Jesus would be happy

Old 01-14-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
OMG! Geicko has brought that annoying pig back in another commercial! Someone, please shoot me (better yet, the damn pig and those that created these ignorant commercials).
I love Maxwell, he's the little piggy who went wee, wee, wee all the way home.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:02 PM

692 posts, read 1,005,526 times
Those Febreeze commercials where they allegedly blind fold a person and make them sniff inside a hoarder's kitchen or the burnt out shell of a former crack house.

Not sure if this is a local ad or national, but it' a black screen with white block letters that say something like a very rich man who has made Nostradamus like predictions in the past that have come true has an earth shattering prediction for 2011. Just go to this website and check. Ummm yeah 2011 was two weeks ago. Time to update that.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:15 AM

Buy 0.999 gold plated coins that contain 50 cents worth of gold. How stupid do they think we are

Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
OK, Pizza Hut Just topped the list with a new one of some dweeb strumming a guitar and trying to sing (barf) this commercial makes me want slit my wrist more than it makes me want to order pizza.
Agreed that is one horrible commercial

Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 PM

198 posts, read 167,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
OMG! Geicko has brought that annoying pig back in another commercial! Someone, please shoot me (better yet, the damn pig and those that created these ignorant commercials).

No doubt, I agree with shooting the members of the Advertising Dept or at least the moron that keeps approving the screaming pig. One thing is for certain, as long as Geicko continues to sport that annoying pig, they pretty much guarantee I will never do business with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV