Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 PM

38,967 posts, read 22,971,591 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this one has been mentioned before, but I CANNOT stand the J.G. Wentworth opera commercials. Here's one of them:

J.G. Wentworth Launches New Television Commercial - YouTube

You might notice an Asian lady in the very back of the bus who isn't participating in the singing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM

5,607 posts, read 6,535,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I couldn't find this commercial on YouTube, but I just saw a new commercial for Special K cereal that shows several women stepping on a scale barefoot and the camera is from the perspective of looking down at the number on the scale and their bare feet, with several successive shots of different women's feet. Towards the end, it shows an African-American lady who was so apparently pleased with the number on the scale that she does a little dance move shaking her hips and smiling. I thought this whole commercial was kind of dumb.
A foot fetisher's dream.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:33 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,335,663 times
That Geico commercial with the "whee!"-ing pig is getting on my last nerve.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,701,902 times
The VW dog choir barking the Star Wars Theme.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,504,203 times

Citi: Omelet - YouTube

What's with all these Citi commercials where they go "Whoo whooo ooooo" near the end? I don't get it.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM

809 posts, read 2,319,308 times
I hate the bull commercials for whatever bank it is.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,850,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm pretty good at ignoring commercials, but for that one, I literally use the mute button -- it's that annoying.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I couldn't find this commercial on YouTube, but I just saw a new commercial for Special K cereal that shows several women stepping on a scale barefoot and the camera is from the perspective of looking down at the number on the scale and their bare feet, with several successive shots of different women's feet. Towards the end, it shows an African-American lady who was so apparently pleased with the number on the scale that she does a little dance move shaking her hips and smiling. I thought this whole commercial was kind of dumb.
I absolutely hate all the Weight Watcher commercials, especially with the American Idol winner. I supported her then, but don't like her anymore. I'm sure she's raking in millions with these commercials, which are just scams. How can people be so stupid that they can't make a meal for themselves and have to order them delivered? This makes them permanent dependents. And the garbage that all these microwave meals produce. eek!
Overweight people are worth billions for the scammers, when it just comes down to a few lifestyle changes. Consume less calories than you burn! Simple and cheap.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,995,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That one doesn't bother me, it's kinda cute.
The pig commercial seems to be filmed through a dark lens. It looks like a scene out of a horror move. Can't you picture, when the pig first looks at the guy, the pig opening his mouth and sporting razor sharp pointy teeth?

Ok, I look at commercials with the sound off. Try that and picture what I just said. See if you're not converted.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,764,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I would like to see that Geico pig drop from that ski lift thing so we don't have to hear that "Whee" crap anymore. Then enter the Geico gecko who casually says to his dead carcass in his Cockney accent.."sorry about that old chap, I was getting tired of you also."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV