Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,661,748 times

Advertisements

Those would be right on the Top Ten List of obnoxious commercials!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
It used to be that the most obnoxious commercials were those featuring babies "talking" as adults. Then, Subway came out with commercials featuring adults talking like children---these are even worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,032,048 times
All the drug commercials, where it nearly takes all their time telling us about the side effects and what it may cause when we take it.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,520,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
It used to be that the most obnoxious commercials were those featuring babies "talking" as adults. Then, Subway came out with commercials featuring adults talking like children---these are even worse!
I so agree with you.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:58 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,593,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
All the drug commercials, where it nearly takes all their time telling us about the side effects and what it may cause when we take it.
Those come from the drug companies and the ambulance chasers that want to sue em. I just saw one for anti-depressents that cause birth defects, the list was ridiculous. Women used to be happy to be pregnant.

I wanted to add Angies List, where does she get these people? I have to wonder what demographic she is striving for.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,593,120 times
A good one is for Travelers Insurance, with all the dogs. Very cute.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,032,048 times
I think maybe this has been mentioned, but since it is cold season they have revived them again. The Halls cough drop; Show me your warface, somrthing like that.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:31 AM

198 posts, read 168,074 times
I pretty much hate them all but these make the top of my list for now;

Drug Commercials, I won't go into the long list of negative affects that are more harmful than what the drug is supposed to treat or the Drug Company that will gladly sign you up to be a guinea pig if you can't afford your meds. And why do we need to tell our Dr. about other meds we are taking, isn't that why the digital record system was forced on us to avoid the need to inform the doc. of our medical history?

VW commercials: So lets condone grand theft and kidnapping while 2 morons take a road trip to Vegas during a test drive or guy that parks the car in the garage with the dealer sitting in the back seat while the kids rush in to play video games.

Fake Gold Plated Coins: How stupid do they think ppl are? 14mg of gold plating (that’s 14/1000's of a gram of gold), worth around $0.07 and they act like they can only guarantee the price for 7 days as if they would be adversely affected if the price of gold changed before you placed your order.

Auto Insurance that can save you $$$ for switching: Seems to me they could save us much more if they if they stopped spending so much on advertising. And why would anyone want to support 21st Century insurance company that doesn't seem to have a problem destroying 2 cars for their commercials just to point out how much you could save if you had their insurance over their competitors. If we took a sledgehammer to our car door and tried to get them to pay for the repairs, we would be charged with Ins. fraud and thrown in jail. And Now State Farm is wrecking cars for their commercials as well. I've been using local non-commercial Ins. for years and pay less than these over commercialized companies claim they can save me.

Christian Children's Foundation: if $0.60 a day will put shoes on their feet, clothes on their backs, provide clean water and 3 meals a day then they could stop the commercials and afford to fund the whole village for a year with the money they save on a weeks worth of advertisement. Not to mention if it hadn't been for the religious/missionary groups in the past going to these 3rd world countries to "civilize" all of these people, they wouldn't have to drink polluted water that runs out of a trash pile.

And on that note I can't leave out the ASPCA commercials: yeah sad and pitiful but don't think for a minute that those pitiful looking animals didn't get put down 5 minutes after filming for the commercial. Any animal will look sad when they know they are on death row.

And the one that tops my list and prompts an instant channel change are the annoying 3 to 5 minute long Dragon Software Commercials. First of all if they shortened the commercial to 30 seconds like most commercials they could cut the price in half, secondly why bother ordering it from their commercial listing when you can buy it for at least $10 cheaper at Wal-Mart and not bother with S&H charges. And finally, ppl are already being dumbed down and lack the ability to spell and use proper grammar. So now they can use this speech to text software and not bother with learning how to use a dictionary or spell check. Sure hope that program understands ghetto speak.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,158,595 times
I 'm sick of the "Max at blue tax' commercials. That animated character is totally obnoxious. and the guy they show in the front row clapping reminds me of Drew Carey!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:39 PM

5,614 posts, read 6,555,064 times
OMG! Geicko has brought that annoying pig back in another commercial! Someone, please shoot me (better yet, the damn pig and those that created these ignorant commercials).

Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 PM

8,813 posts, read 10,281,544 times
Bud Light's "Man Up" are ridiculous. Then again, Bud Light tends to make ridiculous ads anyway.

"I want your bod". Puke. Unfortunately making a comeback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV