Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 04:56 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,333,744 times

Advertisements

I saw this commercial for the first time last night and I was all into it and intrigued by it until the end, when they revealed the tagline (and the product), and then my jaw hit the floor. (I think it's funny, but at the same time I'm appalled by it. Not offended, necessarily. Just...gobsmacked.)

The new "Hail to the V" commercial by Summers Eve:

‪Summer's Eve Hail to the V: "The V" Unrated Extended Cut‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,892,603 times
Thought I would throw in a vote for a favorite commercial for a change. I really like the Sherwin Williams commercials that use the paint chips to make the different scenes.

‪Sherwin-Williams - Bees‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-30-2011, 09:33 PM

5,619 posts, read 6,570,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I hate the commercial with Whoopie Goldberg. She's like Brooke Shields~~they use every product on the face of the earth. I won't buy any product that they represent. I think Sherry Shepherd is also in that realm. My favorite commercial is Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats "Chicken Jerky" Collie Commercial. No video is available but everyone has probably seen it. Milo is the brainiac.
The woman in this commercial is the new actress "du jour". She is also in the e-surance commercials (she "argues" with the dude about email vs phone calls) AND is doing a fiber commercial, I believe (she is on an exercise bike and is multi-tasking alot of tasks). And I think I have seen her in one other commercial.

Whoopie doing the leakage commercial is disgusting, as is any other commercial promoting personal care items that "back in the day" used to be just that, personal.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:36 PM

5,619 posts, read 6,570,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I hate commercials. I tape nearly everything so I can FF through commercials. But, I have seen one that I just love!
I don't know what they are advertising, I think it's a car. Anyway, there's a dad outside the car, talking to his daughter about being safe on the road, and it shows the daughter and she's very young, and adorable. ( I too usually hate commercials where they use smart butt kids) When the dad gives her the keys so she can finally leave, the little girl takes them , then it shows her and she's a teen. It is just precious.

What really grabbed me was when the dad said something to her, and the little girl says "Daddy, OK", with a little grin, because he just keeps on talking to her about being safe. She looks so adorable when she says that, and when she takes the keys. I love this commercial more than any I have ever seen. Has anyone seen this one?

I found it. It's a Subaru commercial.

‪Baby Driver‬‏ - YouTube

ETA: I just found out that the 2 girls in this commercial are sisters and the man is really their dad!
Prior to this one there was another one with the same little girl/teen girl theme, and after the advertising was over, it ended with the little boy coming downstairs, grabbing his coat, and the Dad saying "where're you going"? and he says "work". Just adorable.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,967,741 times
Worst - Any truck commercial (they're all basically the same). Here's my rewrite:

Woody Allen (in his most nerdish avatar from the 70s) careening through the streets of Manhattan in a giant Ford Permafrost. You'd be able to hear his thoughts: "What was I thinking? I'll never pick up any girls in this thing - they'll just want me to move their pianos."

Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,219,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
The tampon commercials that mock other tampon commercials. Not only have they been airing for almost a year now, they air almost every time I turn on the TV.
I hate those too. They are especially annoying because women want products that work well, they don't care if they are "cool" or not, like tampons could ever be cool, it's ridiculous.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,127,302 times
I haven't found it archived anywhere, but there was this BMW commercial from '95 that always cracked me up.
It was three tennis guys playing rock-paper-scissors to see who would have to be scrunched into the small space behind the only two seats in this Porsche or something.
The guy that lost just had this funny, angry look on his face and then later they twisted him into a pretzel in order to fit into the small space.

Then he looks at this four-seater BMW miserably as it drives past them.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:41 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,259,943 times
I kinda like the new Jim Cantore spot.

Can't even go shopping.

‪Running from Jim Cantore‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,964,394 times
Thank heavens the TV is mounted high up on the wall, cuz' I want to put my foot through it everytime this commercial comes on (and it is always coming on!):

‪Gas-X commercial - Job Interview .mov‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-31-2011, 10:07 PM

348 posts, read 851,938 times
I hate (and maybe I am just not ready for ) the commercial for that certain product that "blows your hair back". I know it's 2011, but, I can't believe they put this s**t on tv!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV