Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times

Advertisements

I hate this commercial too>>>>>

YouTube - ‪Ally Bank | "Rufus" Commercial‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 07:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,860 times
I saw one tonight that I have seen before, but never really paid attention to, I very much regretted paying attention this time. A guy brings his baby into the bedroom at a party, puts him on the bed with all the coats to change his diaper, and the baby proceeds to unleash a fire hose of pee all over the walls, pillow, coats, everything, until he closes the diaper and all pee stops, so, of course he decides to open the diaper so the baby can pee some more all over someone's bedroom. It's beyond disgusting, that guy and his weird baby should never be invited anywhere again.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I saw one tonight that I have seen before, but never really paid attention to, I very much regretted paying attention this time. A guy brings his baby into the bedroom at a party, puts him on the bed with all the coats to change his diaper, and the baby proceeds to unleash a fire hose of pee all over the walls, pillow, coats, everything, until he closes the diaper and all pee stops, so, of course he decides to open the diaper so the baby can pee some more all over someone's bedroom. It's beyond disgusting, that guy and his weird baby should never be invited anywhere again.
I was just about to post this. I was watching "Days of Our Lives" today, and this ad aired not just once, but FOUR times during the course of the hour! It was the first time I had seen this ad, and it was gross! So the next 3 times, I had to change the channel for a minute. I think it was the Huggies brand. It's too bad because I liked their last ad where the baby boy was strutting around in his jeans diaper and they said in a French accent, "I poo in blue" Funny stuff. It was shocking and pushed the envelope, but at least it was cute, not disgusting.
I can't believe some of the stuff they can show on TV these days. Back in my day, TV and the ads were all so squeaky clean and wholesome like the Brady Bunch.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,894,270 times
All the drug ads. They're sick. They're almost part of a new world order. Not to be paranoid or a conspiracy theorist. But they're sick!

-Erectile Dysfunction.

-Female problems? Birth control.

Who wants to watch all this between 8-10 pm? All these long disclaimers....if you have kidney problems, stomach problems, are unconscious for more than 10 hours, lol....all these ridiculous things.

I think it's part of this post 9/11, air all the dirty laundry. Like people having to take off their shoes at the airport. Or old ladies having to get out of their wheelchairs. It's airing discomfort to the public, and it's seemingly ok. I don't think the two are coincidential. Drug ads were banned for a long time on tv (I think the US is one of the few countries in the world that has them). There's a reason they were banned.

*Worst decision on tv in the last 15 years*. It makes tv unpredictable. It also goes in hand with post 2000 social networking. Everyone knows everything about everyone. Getting embarrassing things out in public. Just a way to further dumb down the masses? Not good trends.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:35 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,981,512 times
I am wondering if they are really getting a bang for their buck in those drug ads. With all the side effects, some of which could kill you, I would think people would run the other way. After all, before these tv drug commercials existed people relied on their doctors for side effects and he did not mention all of them and few people went home and researched the drug on the internet before taking it.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
I also really hate the drug ads, especially the ones for psychiatric drugs. "Is your antidepressant not working? Still feeling sad? Add so-and-so antidepressant to your current antidepressant! Antidepressants can increase depression, suicidal thoughts and feelings"

Old 06-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I was just about to post this. I was watching "Days of Our Lives" today, and this ad aired not just once, but FOUR times during the course of the hour! It was the first time I had seen this ad, and it was gross! So the next 3 times, I had to change the channel for a minute. I think it was the Huggies brand. It's too bad because I liked their last ad where the baby boy was strutting around in his jeans diaper and they said in a French accent, "I poo in blue" Funny stuff. It was shocking and pushed the envelope, but at least it was cute, not disgusting.
I can't believe some of the stuff they can show on TV these days. Back in my day, TV and the ads were all so squeaky clean and wholesome like the Brady Bunch.
I love that one, cue heavy french accent "my diaper is foool, foool of fashion" I drive my fiancee' nuts walking around the house talking about a full diaper in my worst french accent. That was cute, no gross images, just a strutting baby and a french voice over. With this new one, I was wondering if maybe parents find babies spraying pee cute, but I don't, not at all. Anyone whose fire hose baby pees all over my bedroom will not be invited back to my house.

Last edited by detshen; 06-30-2011 at 02:40 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 04:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Another version of the Huggies peeing baby is back. This time instead of putting the baby on a bed full of coats the father puts him on a pad on the bed. This is good. What is not good is that he then allows the baby to pee all over the room. There is a way to change a baby boy's diaper so this does not have to happen. The idea of pee all over the place is disgusting.

I find this commercial as gross and disgusting as the first one. Yuck!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Another version of the Huggies peeing baby is back. This time instead of putting the baby on a bed full of coats the father puts him on a pad on the bed. This is good. What is not good is that he then allows the baby to pee all over the room. There is a way to change a baby boy's diaper so this does not have to happen. The idea of pee all over the place is disgusting.

I find this commercial as gross and disgusting as the first one. Yuck!
Yeah, it's way too graphic, even if water is used in place of actual urine. Still, we get the idea without all the TMI.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Yeah, it's way too graphic, even if water is used in place of actual urine. Still, we get the idea without all the TMI.
I sure hope they used water, and not actual urine, lol! I'd hate to be on the clean up crew for a urine shoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV