Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i see the commercial and i think "wow that must be a clear picture on that phone" not "yeah typical woman screaming at the site of a bug"
I see the commercial and think 'How dumb are these folks, anyone can see the black rectangular phone against the white tablecloth. I mean, when's the last time you saw a spider with an actual frame around it? What a really stupid commercial!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Male enhancement pills make me ill.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:34 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
We DVR everything we want to watch and never watch live TV. So we never watch commercials.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:08 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,837,831 times

YouTube - ‪NEW! The Perfect Beach Vacation (:15)- Beach Angel Commercial by Travelocity‬‏

"You look like a beach angel!"

(And sound like a screaming banshee! )

Old 06-22-2011, 03:05 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,946 times
I hate that stupid one where the grandfather takes his grandaughter's guitar and plays Born To Be Wild because ,you know, he still rocks out even though he has Anthem insurance. So stupid.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:26 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,020 times
The new Taco Bueno commercials with that guy from the Colbert Report - why is he yelling?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
I'm going to change it up and mention one I actually like, I don't know why I like it, but I love the one with the little boy strutting down the street like a model in a button down shirt and denim look diaper, hip music is playing, women are turning to look at him, and a french accented, intense, and very serious sounding voice over says "my diaper is full; full of fashion" and the boy gets into a fancy car, and turns like a male model to look at the camera. It cracks me up, in the long version they add something like "now you can look like number one when you have to go number two." I think it's mostly the voice over I like, it sounds so serious, and the accent just adds to it.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:25 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Some more annoying commericals:

The Malibu Black commercials with the two Jamaican idiot DJ's and the airhorn.

The cell phone commercial already mentioned with the girl screaming over a photo of a tarantula.

Suburu commercial with the couple hiking in the moutains and the doofus can't find the car.

Now one of my new favorites is the Snicker's commercial with Joe Pesci. Hilarious!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'm going to change it up and mention one I actually like, I don't know why I like it, but I love the one with the little boy strutting down the street like a model in a button down shirt and denim look diaper, hip music is playing, women are turning to look at him, and a french accented, intense, and very serious sounding voice over says "my diaper is full; full of fashion" and the boy gets into a fancy car, and turns like a male model to look at the camera. It cracks me up, in the long version they add something like "now you can look like number one when you have to go number two." I think it's mostly the voice over I like, it sounds so serious, and the accent just adds to it.
I, too, will 'change it up' a bit.
I enjoy the Traveller's Insurance bit with Ray LaMontagne singing 'Trouble' and the dog worrying if his bone will be there later on, when he'll need it. I love the dog burying the bone, digging it up, tossing around stressing out in his dreams about his future security.

I loved the music so much that I went out and got a copy.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 PM

21 posts, read 39,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post

I love this commercial! That is, indeed, a macho strut! I was thinking about it and looked to see if there was a thread for commercials we like. You should start one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV